47 percent of Thais believe no government can tackle corruption problem

webfact

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Your last paragraph applies to the UK government especially. 

It applies to many countries if not all in some forms?  The U.S. is no better it is just done in a more sophisticated manner. A few years back I saw a survey Thailand was like 95 on the list of corruption which gets one thinking 95? it is so out front 95?  Here is the big difference countries like U.K. U.S. one individual actually has the chance of fighting it themselves (grassroot) here Thais so custom beaten down it is embedded into their thinking as part of their lives.

Here, the lack of education making them aware of what is actually going on outside of Thailand prevents them from knowing the are actually getting crumbs compare to the who is in charge and from what I've seen it doesn't matter who the formula is still the same to enrich themselves while giving the impression they actually care!

You think the swamp in the U.S. or U.K. is bad, here it isn't a swamp but a shit hole of corruption. 

43 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

It applies to many countries if not all in some forms?  The U.S. is no better it is just done in a more sophisticated manner. A few years back I saw a survey Thailand was like 95 on the list of corruption which gets one thinking 95? it is so out front 95?  Here is the big difference countries like U.K. U.S. one individual actually has the chance of fighting it themselves (grassroot) here Thais so custom beaten down it is embedded into their thinking as part of their lives.

Here, the lack of education making them aware of what is actually going on outside of Thailand prevents them from knowing the are actually getting crumbs compare to the who is in charge and from what I've seen it doesn't matter who the formula is still the same to enrich themselves while giving the impression they actually care!

You think the swamp in the U.S. or U.K. is bad, here it isn't a swamp but a shit hole of corruption. 

Good sensible post. Thank you.

So  the  majority   who are  ignored in  this  survey have  no legitimacy ? Quoting  the  lesser  percentage  of  the  lesser  percentage who  have  some  variation in overall expectation does  nothing  to  lessen  the  very  obvious  desired  impact  of  this presented  result.

Typical  negative   crapola  content  on TVF ! 

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Good sensible post. Thank you.

Yes puts your own "hatred of all things British" diatribes into perspective.

What is that flag you fly by the way.?

6 minutes ago, rott said:

Yes puts your own "hatred of all things British" diatribes into perspective.

What is that flag you fly by the way.?

It's the flag of the Republic of Ireland, I wish I was born Irish instead of Scottish.

I admire the way the Irish fought and died for their independence from Britain.

Little P. is as corrupt, or perhaps far more corrupt that his predecessors. The amount of money being made at the top right now is staggering. Most people know that. I am sure that figure is fake. It is probably closer to 80%. Corruption could be dealt with. But, you have to start by arresting and convicting current members of the police, the army, the ministers, and the parliamentarians. Not former. Current. There is no interest in doing that, nor any will, nor any moral or ethical people at the top. Always remember one thing. Little P. was installed to protect the elite, the powerful, those that are connected, and those in office. Period. End of story. 

On 6/18/2018 at 4:49 AM, Thaiwrath said:

The other 53% must be stupid !

Actually, no, out of that 53%, "32.54 percent of the respondents are not sure" .  So only 15% are optimistic, or what you call "stupid."  BTW, they've shown that highly educated and intelligent people are better at defending irrational biases against good evidence.  So "stupid" is a bad description of them.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, wealthychef said:

BTW, they've shown that highly educated and intelligent people are better at defending irrational biases against good evidence.  So "stupid" is a bad description of them.  

I prefer the term "the clever silly" for this group of people. 

On 6/18/2018 at 7:09 AM, ramrod711 said:

Thais need to stop assuming and make them ask for a bribe.

And record it on the phone and upload to youtube and inform some "social influencer" to make it go viral. Only way anything ever happens here is to youtube it. Of course, you'll be slapped with a defamation suit and relieved of any remaining baht. The country is hopeless.