Buying a GoPro on Lazada - any recommended vendors?

demonboy

I'm looking to buy the Hero6 in Thailand. I've used Lazada a number of times for non-electronic gear and not had problems but I figured something like a GoPro might be more susceptible to fraud/copies. I figured a cash-on-delivery might be the best option as I can inspect the item when it's delivered.

Wondered if anyone out there has bought a GoPro on Lazada and whether they have any recommended vendors?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Why lazada and not just a regular electronics shop? For example JIB or banana IT both have online shops

Hi Jack,

I didnt realise they had online shops. But do they do cash-on-delivery? I'll take a look...

Edited by demonboy

33 minutes ago, chris2004 said:

I have bought numerous electrical items via Lazada and never had a problem, or fraud. A go pro is not that expensive. Better though if the item is sold via Lazada itself than a 3rd party vendor.

Good advice, cheers.

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Why lazada and not just a regular electronics shop? For example JIB or banana IT both have online shops

Hi again, Jack,

Thanks for the JIB tip. Just checked their website out and they had a competitive price and cash on delivery. Easy process too. Cheers for that ?

I just bought a dash cam on LAZADA, paying COD.

It arrived today the driver would not let me open the package before I paid.

I cancelled the order. I have 2 more orders coming this week and they will both be cancelled.

I have spoken to LAZADA about it & they tell me that its the policy of Kerry Express.

I agree buy through Lazada not 3rd party. They offer 7 day no hassle return policy so just order on credit card.  COD will not allow you to open and inspect on arrival. You can only decline purchase when Delivery person shows up.  If you accept on COD good luck getting your money back later.

I bought a few GoPro accessories off Lazada for my Hero5.  No issues.  The pkgs all had the Authentic Seal and worked perfectly

On 6/18/2018 at 8:08 AM, jackdd said:

JIB sells on Lazada, and is cheaper than on their own site or in their shops.

I recall I wanted to order a usb drive that was listed by JIB on Lazada at 150Bht, so I thought well I have to be in Pattaya anyway so I'll pick it up at JIB tukcom.

At the shop the very same drive was 225 Baht

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jessi said:

I cancelled the order. I have 2 more orders coming this week and they will both be cancelled.

I have spoken to LAZADA about it & they tell me that its the policy of Kerry Express. 

Was that the outer packaging which i usually remove to check i have been sent the right item. I can understand why you are not allowed to remove the inner packaging as it makes it unsellable if you then refuse to accept it.  Why would you want to remove the inner packaging anyway as it tells you nothing about whether the item will work OK. Lazada have good return policies should you have a subsequent problem.

• Like 1

Late yesterday LAZADA called me about this matter.

When I told the lady the reason for refusing the item

she said that many people have been complaing about

this and she seems to think that Kerry Express may

change their policy.

To the previous poster,  I was not allowed to open any part

of the package. What is wrong with wanting to check the

product before paying for it, unless you have something to hide.

16 hours ago, JAFO said:

If you accept on COD good luck getting your money back later.

I've never had a problem getting my money back, into my Lazada wallet in a couple of days.

Bought something for my computer, didn't work, emailed them, immediate refund, didn't even want it back.

I love Lazada, and AliExpress, how did I live before these companies existed?

(In the UK it's Amazon)

Edited by BritManToo

21 hours ago, Jessi said:

In what city did Kerry Express try to deliver to you?

https://www.goprothai.com/เช็คราคา/

seems to have better prices than lazada, there is a bundle deal for 16,900 seems rather reasonable.

i wakeboard and we shoot alot but use cheaper versions like sj cam because its easier to walk away from it when lost. 

the gopro hero 6 is sweet though

Edited by HooHaa

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I had this problem today, Lazada COD, Kerry arrives says 116bht, I say it's 166bht.

Lets open the package and look at the bill ...... NO ...... takes 116Bht.

I open the package after he's gone, ticket says 166bht.

What a plonker!

Was that the outer packaging which i usually remove to check i have been sent the right item. I can understand why you are not allowed to remove the inner packaging as it makes it unsellable if you then refuse to accept it.  Why would you want to remove the inner packaging anyway as it tells you nothing about whether the item will work OK. Lazada have good return policies should you have a subsequent problem.

Every seller on Lazada has 7 day hassle free returns, some have 14 days.

Yes 7 or 14 day easy return, depending on the listing. They provide you with a RMA form and shipping label. Post office or 7-eleven.

If COD, then you will be refunded to your bank acct within 4 days or so after they receive the return.

I know several people who have bought stuff via lazada without any issue.

But yes, they do not allow opening the box and check before handing over the money. That would be nice though. If it is that serious, just go to a physical store and buy what you need.

Sent from my LDN-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I use Lazada frequently and have never had a problem returning an item.  You just print out an online form and take it along with the package to a nearby 7-11.  Takes about 5 minutes there while they do the intake.