A $6 Billion Railway Helps Builders Become Thailand's Top Stocks

webfact

Has anyone seen all of the work that is being done on the elevated speed train from Bangkok to Korat? Pretty impressive. Hope they keep up the pace. This is all good for the future of Thailand. If they can replicate the success they have had in Bangkok, with the skytrain, and the MRT, elsewhere with high speed trains, it would change the country. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Has anyone seen all of the work that is being done on the elevated speed train from Bangkok to Korat? Pretty impressive. Hope they keep up the pace. This is all good for the future of Thailand. If they can replicate the success they have had in Bangkok, with the skytrain, and the MRT, elsewhere with high speed trains, it would change the country. 

Where is the location you're referring too?

39 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The station will be in Bang Pa-In and doubt it will be connected by other rail system to Bangkok. I wonder why they didn't think of integrating with the rail system. They always don't seem to plan with integration with other transport system in mind. Even the tollway don't reach Bang Pa-in and kind of stop weirdly after Future Rangsit.  

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Off the main highway, near Korat, on the way to Bangkok. Impressive amount of construction so far, and working at a fast pace. 

I don't know if this is near where you're referring to?

Two PBS articles (which I think it's OK to post links to?) dated today, about redesigning a section right now to make it elevated:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/design-adjustment-will-cause-10-month-delay-dual-track-train-project-korat/

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/b2-6bn-approved-elevated-dual-rail-tracks-korat/

19 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I don't know if this is near where you're referring to?

Two PBS articles (which I think it's OK to post links to?) dated today, about redesigning a section right now to make it elevated:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/design-adjustment-will-cause-10-month-delay-dual-track-train-project-korat/

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/b2-6bn-approved-elevated-dual-rail-tracks-korat/

That looks like what I was referring to. So much for efficiency. 

I see there's more confusing news on this project. Despite being told in this thread the construction is under-way already (near Korat/Khon Kaen), today there's yet another article.

This one is: Bids Sought for $5.5 Billion Thailand to China High-Speed Rail - "The bidder will build the first half of the network in Thailand, Minister of Transport Arkhom Termpittayapaisith said"

If bids are soon to start, how can construction be under-way already?

Edited by bluesofa
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 11:51 AM, spidermike007 said:

That looks like what I was referring to. So much for efficiency. 

They call a missed 4k section of Viaduct in the planning that takes 10 months to rectify a "Design adjustment"

10 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I see there's more confusing news on this project. Despite being told in this thread the construction is under-way already (near Korat/Khon Kaen), today there's yet another article.

This one is: Bids Sought for $5.5 Billion Thailand to China High-Speed Rail - "The bidder will build the first half of the network in Thailand, Minister of Transport Arkhom Termpittayapaisith said"

If bids are soon to start, how can construction be under-way already?

Are you suggesting this could be bullshit? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Just how long have you been a small medium at large?

You read my mind without so much as an upfront payment.

Just a wild guess, it's not as if Thailand is the hub of bullshit railways

Edited by Dave67