90 houses damaged, power cables down on main roads – Phuket storm

snoop1130

90 houses damaged, power cables down on main roads – Phuket storm

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__4423690.jpg

There have been about 90 houses across Phuket that have been damaged from storms whilst eight power cables have been brought down in Thalang today (June 18). This is the latest in our coverage of the unusually wet and windy storms to hit the island.

Officials have surveyed all the districts and found that there are about 90 houses which have been damaged from the storms in Muang Phuket, Kathu and Thalang. The total value of the damage has already been estimated at nearly 300,000 baht. Most of the damage is to roofs, motorbikes and some cars.

Tha Chatchai Police received reports at about noon today that eight power poles had been brought down and blocked Thepkrasattri Road near Hongyong Bamrung School in Thalang.

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/90-houses-damaged-power-cables-down-on-main-roads-phuket-storm

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-6-18

2 hours ago, quadperfect said:

The numbers are always rediculouse here. 300,000 bht damage. So thats about 3,000 bht per house.

I nearly got that much damage myself. I know thai houses are mostly made of brick but seriously. 

This series on storm in phuket needs to get a new numbers guy.

Spot on. perhaps the cost to repair a few roof tiles might be 3000 baht but what about the subsequent water damage?

When we had some tiles broken in a storm two years ago the bill for the insurance company was 40,000 baht and that was purely for the property damage in two bedrooms as our landlord picked up the bill for the roof repair.