first 90 day reporting Chaeng Wattana

I have to do my first 90 day report in Bangkok - can anyone tell me how long it will take (average)? Is there a special queue (last time I was there to get my visa the queue was about 250 meters long)

I understand I ned to go to CW with the passport and TM 47. I did try the online system but it just keeps telling me to go to the immigration office after I submit the first tab (of 4).

Any insights appreciated - Thanks

Expect a long queue as all numbers currently must be obtained from queue line 1 for 90 day reports and last week I got my number with no wait after extension at  1030 but number was 251 with 75 still in queue.  I was very lucky to finnish at exactly 1200 (one number more and would have had to wait out 12-1300 lunch break).  Just have your passport and tm47 (if previous reporting would also need last receipt).  Simple 2-3 minute process once number is called if all in order.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oxx said:

Why do you have to do it in person? Why not do it online, or by mail.  Plenty of info. on both methods on this forum if you search.

Online has been flakey from recent reports and believe first must be in system to do.  Mail can go amiss and then you still have to report (twice) to get receipt.  And for many others there is no online option if we have not travelled recently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Online has been flakey from recent reports and believe first must be in system to do.  Mail can go amiss and then you still have to report (twice) to get receipt.  And for many others there is no online option if we have not travelled recently.

That's a tad negative.  Certainly not reason for the OP to suffer the 3rd circle of hell that is Chaengwattana.

The OP is doing his/her first 90 day report, so will have entered the country recently, and the details from that entry will be in the Immigration system.

Even if in the highly unlikely event mail goes amiss, one will have sent by registered mail, so will have the receipt, so that's still only single trip to Chaengwattana to sort things out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Why do you have to do it in person? Why not do it online, or by mail.  Plenty of info. on both methods on this forum if you search.

Thats a really valid comment I should have added in the OP....

Mail - I am over the15 days deadline

Online - I did try the online system but it just keeps telling me to go to the immigration office after I try to submit the first tab (of 4). Have tried in multiple browsers (safari, chrome)

Also someone has mentioned an agent at Bumrungrad who can do it for 600 baht - I may try that rather than go all way to CW.

90 day reporting at CW can take a long time during the morning hours. My last  90 day report in person took several hours. During a recent trip for another reason I noticed that those coming in the afternoon had better luck and were processed much faster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oxx said:

......for the OP to suffer the 3rd circle of hell that is Chaengwattana.

That swung it - I had a search and found an agent for much much less than the taxi fare in the end. Am going the agent route.

My experience over the last decade is that if I arrive no later than 10am I am sure to be done before noon.

Your mileage may vary ... last trip out there was about an hour in the queue, a 10:15 arrival.

I always go mentally prepared for the worst, I grab my queue number, go downstairs get a coffee and croisant

and have a book to read.  I'm not bothered if it's a lengthy wait, as I just assume it will be.

Also, I'm mentally prepared if a lunch break arrives, they stop from 12 until 13:00 ... go have some lunch and

forget about it.

• Like 1

Is Imperial World Lad Phrao still processing 90 day reports for western foreigners?
The last last time I've been at CW the staff ranted at me why I don't go there because it would be closer to my home and much less crowded.

7 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Thats a really valid comment I should have added in the OP....

Mail - I am over the15 days deadline

Online - I did try the online system but it just keeps telling me to go to the immigration office after I try to submit the first tab (of 4). Have tried in multiple browsers (safari, chrome)

Also someone has mentioned an agent at Bumrungrad who can do it for 600 baht - I may try that rather than go all way to CW.

A first 90 day report cannot be made on-line.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Can someone give me a new link to immigration please ?

The one i arrived at today still has Soi Suan Plu as the address.

I assume the information is just as up to date

The website is. https://www.immigration.go.th/index

The 90 day reporting page is. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

26 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Can someone give me a new link to immigration please ?

The one i arrived at today still has Soi Suan Plu as the address.

I assume the information is just as up to date

That is the official home of Immigration and current web site - such as it is.  For Bangkok the version I prefer (although perhaps not updated) in English is that provided by actual Division 1 which is immigration for Bangkok landing page and go to their website from page.

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/intro1.html

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php

Boy some of you have to.go.thru hell to do the 90 day report. I go to Map.Ta Put and usually only takes 5 to 10 minutes and I am done. They are very reasonable and helpfull there. I guess all the others are different.

3 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

Boy some of you have to.go.thru hell to do the 90 day report. I go to Map.Ta Put and usually only takes 5 to 10 minutes and I am done. They are very reasonable and helpfull there. I guess all the others are different.

They are very reasonable and helpful in Bangkok too (about 2 minutes average if done right) - but there are a lot more living in Bangkok than in Rayong so queues are longer; and there are a lot reporting without a clue (and not all of the clueless reporters are foreigners).

find the sweetspot...do they ever turn 90 day reporters away?  If not, get there at 3:15 or so...after the after lunch rush.  Early bird gets the worm?  Not at Immigration.  More like a rotten apple.  And of course avoid any Monday or Friday and especially when they f all right before or after the numerous Holidays.

Edited by moontang

11 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

They are very reasonable and helpful in Bangkok too (about 2 minutes average if done right) - but there are a lot more living in Bangkok than in Rayong so queues are longer

That's not an excuse.  They should have a lot more immigration staff in Chaengwattana to service the greater number of people so the levels of inconvenience are consistent across the country.

15 minutes ago, Oxx said:

That's not an excuse.  They should have a lot more immigration staff in Chaengwattana to service the greater number of people so the levels of inconvenience are consistent across the country.

Actually I am not making any excuse but stating facts and having decades of experience do not consider the inconvenience to be that great.  Of course there could be more staff in all high usage areas at times but the dectate is that there must be offices in all provinces regardless of the need. 

The monstrosity is 90 day reporting in itself - nobody wants this and until 'terrorists' become the buzzword it was not expected.  Now we are stuck with it so reliable working online system open to all should probably be the priority, rather than more workers to read bar codes.

• Like 1

I have been doing my 90 day report by mail for 8 years now. I usually do it 15 days before but last time they misread May 28th as May 23rd but just stamped it in red "next time, please send it 15days before the due date" and returned it with no penalty except the next report date is given as August 22nd when it should have been August 27th. Similarly, on occasions I have forgotten to send the previous receipt of notification twice but they just stamp it in red " next time send the previous receipt of notification". The idea of sending the notification 15 days before due is purely to allow delays with the post. Mine took 9 days to reach Chaengwattana last time, according to Immigration who recorded as arriving on May 22nd. As long as the report reaches them before the due date they cannot complain, hence the red stamp.

Please note that if you try to hand over the report by hand at Immigration to avoid queuing, they will refuse to accept it and direct you to the Post Office downstairs!