Dear Sir/madam: Sorry..... we don't accept ladyboys

webfact

Just now, RawboneFunksta said:

Did I say I had a problem with gay people?

I don't care about anyone thinking I am gay.

I am secure in my masculinity and don't need to belittle others of a different sexual persuasion.

What's wrong with being gay?

Maybe I am? I'm not sure.

I think SOME ladyboys are beautiful and enjoy having sex with them.

I think SOME girls are beautiful and enjoy having sex with them but

I wouldn't ***** you which makes you lucky because I have a massive organ.

Gay, straight, I'll defend someone's right to equal treatment to it's hilt!

I told you I was secure in my masculinity, right?

Ok. Good luck.

5 minutes ago, Justfine said:

So you're the expert on ladyboys hey? Ok. 

Good luck with your chosen lifestyle.

"Good luck with your chosen lifestyle" he said as he sauntered out of the room imagining himself the master of all he surveyed.

Some people just don't get it, he thought just before falling down the manhole . . . .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RawboneFunksta said:

(A) insisting ladyboys are pretending? Do you know any? None that I have met are trying to fool anyone. They are men who live their lives as women and are often better at it than genetic women! They do not pretend except rarely.

(B) Deciding you are the arbiter of "normal or abnormal" 

It's not a matter of choice, it's who they are. Just as you are a bigot, so they are ladyboys. You can hide it and so can they . . . .but should either of you have to hide your true selves?

Their name is "who they are".  Men trying to pass themselves off as women is "what they are".

Just how naïve are you?  Every single katoey who dresses up as, and tries to act as a woman is pretending and is trying to fool in many cases.

You're right on one point though, I'm not the arbiter of what is normal but then I didn't say that I was, but I am the arbiter of my own subjective opinion which also happens to be objective fact...men who masquerade as women and expect to be treated as women are not displaying normal behavior.

By the way, I'm not trying to hide anything.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DM07 said:

Sorry, but this is a false equivalency!

You don't get born in a "white" body and "feel black"!

That just does not happen.

You may adopt a "black"- lifestyle...although, I have no idea, what that might look like...but it is a LIFESTYLE and thereby a choice! 

Again: no one wakes up one day and thinks "I feel kind of womany, today and I think, I will start to wear dresses and dwell in the joys of menstruation!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Dolezal

Anyway you support my argument it's a CHOICE not an actuality biologically. Ergo... they are men who like to be identified as a woman.

They are not fooling anyone and they are not trying. Their lifestyle is their choice.

If you frequent red light areas looking for snatch and mistakenly choose a ladyboy, that's your look out. Only if she did not tell you and tries to gain money on false pretences is she "pretending".

They are not fooling anyone and they are not trying. Their lifestyle is their choice.
If you frequent red light areas looking for snatch and mistakenly choose a ladyboy, that's your look out. Only if she did not tell you and tries to gain money on false pretences is she "pretending".

This story is not about a prostitute. It's about a civil rights matter with legitimate employment. Focus.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RawboneFunksta said:

"Good luck with your chosen lifestyle" he said as he sauntered out of the room imagining himself the master of all he surveyed.

Some people just don't get it, he thought just before falling down the manhole . . . .

before falling down the manhole . . .

In these politically correct times, shouldn't that be "personhole"?

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2018 at 8:51 PM, greenchair said:

There are many companies that lose a lot of business because their staff are ladymen. Then there are many companies that gain a lot of business because they hire mostly or all ladymen. It depends on the needs of the company and their customer base. It's ludicrous not to consider the grassroots issues. They are over 18, they are not boys at all. They are men. Or transgender men to be precise. Most understand this and prosper very well in the areas of life where they can excel. Such as healthcare services, in the beauty industry, elderly care, fashion, jewellery. A company that was involved in male body building might not be suitable. Be who you are and get over it for goodness sake. 

I agree with most of what you have said. but I don't think the nature of the company should determine if "ladyboys" is suitable for the positions. They just want to a job, not spoke-person for the company. "A company that was involved in male body building might not be suitable." By this standard, this company will have a all male model  employee team, including every office worker. 

16 hours ago, BobBKK said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Dolezal

Anyway you support my argument it's a CHOICE not an actuality biologically. Ergo... they are men who like to be identified as a woman.

Oh dear...

a) Rachel Dolezal is a fraud! If this "identity crisis" was a real thing, wouldn't you think, there would be more than 1 case in 6 billion people on Earth?

b ) No, I am NOT supporting anything you said! Being white and living a "black lifestyle" is a choice, because there is no scientific evidence, to prove the opposite.

Being born male or female but identifying as the opposite happens all the time and - by now- is backed by scientific- studies.

If I start listening exclusively to "black" music, dress as a rapper, call myself Jamal from tomorrow onwards- that is a choice of a lifestyle!

Being transgender is NOT!

End of story!

No one is going through complicated hormone- treaties and painful, gender changing- operations, just for the fun of it!

Not to speak of the social drama of being ridiculed by boneheads and dumb@$$es!

Edited by DM07
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, EdyP said:

Fool the company . That ladyboy is probarbly very driven and could end up being the most profitable employe that company could have had . Shame on them . 

Very driven lol

If she is confused about her gender identity then she will probably manage to mess up my coffee order

They're probably lucky they didn't hire her /he/it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

Very driven lol

If she is confused about her gender identity then she will probably manage to mess up my coffee order

They're probably lucky they didn't hire her /he/it

Another poor attempt on humor!

Well done!

And "it"?

Seriously?

Can we get a little more childish and stupid, please!?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Disgusting!

No matter what a persons creed, sexuality, religion, age etc, that they choose to be, if a person is qualified then that person should not be victimized!

I know lady boys who have experienced the same victimization as the person in this report, plus many other Thais who have been refused employment due to age discrimination!

Yet another example of how unfair the system really is for both Thais and foreigners in the land of Paradise, racism and victimization. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EdyP said:

Calling another human an "it" really shows your prejudice and ignorance. Ladyboys are certainly not confused ,their soul which is female incarnated in a male body that was their spiritual choice , if they were confused they would change from boy to girl and back regularly. Their gender identity is stable , fortunalty the younger generation is more understanding and accepting of this . We are all God and next time we might choose to experience being a ladyboy . 

Calling a man a lady boy also shows predict and ignorance. 

They are not ladies and unless they are under 18 they certainly aren't boys. The correct term is transgender man. Tranny is also accepted as a shorter version. 

They are not called lady boys in any other country. 

And for good reason too. Most Tranny are very accepting of themselves. They know they are neither fully male nor fully female. You just can't go through life trying to be an apple when clearly you are a banana. 

Fat people are fat. 

Black people are black. 

Transgender are transgender. 

Stop being offended for goodness sake. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, greenchair said:

They are not ladies and unless they are under 18 they certainly aren't boys. The correct term is transgender man. Tranny is also accepted as a shorter version. 

And for good reason too. Most Tranny are very accepting of themselves. They know they are neither fully male nor fully female. You just can't go through life trying to be an apple when clearly you are a banana. 

Fat people are fat. 

Black people are black. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Fat people are fat. 

Black people are black. 

Oh boy...they are called "ladyboys" in may other countries...mostly by THEMSELVES! 

As they do here in Thailand, if you ever have a closer look on dating- sites and social networks.

So much for this brilliant piece of comprehensive posting! 

3 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Oh boy...they are called "ladyboys" in may other countries...mostly by THEMSELVES! 

As they do here in Thailand, if you ever have a closer look on dating- sites and social networks.

So much for this brilliant piece of comprehensive posting! 

Trannies.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, greenchair said:
Yep trannies. 
That's what they prefer to be known as. 
Neither ladies nor boys 

I think you just made that up.

Thai transgender women prefer to be called trannies?

There is no way that is true.

As far as western transgender women, my understanding is that some of them take that as a slur and others do like the term.

But it would be impolite to use that term in the company of a transgender woman without knowing their feelings. Best to use transgender women unless you know. 

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 1:14 PM, Get Real said:

Yes, it does!

Whoa   people! Both  of  you  have  valid comment.

What  is  relevant  to  the issue  is what the position applied  for  was. "Trading  Company"  is ambiguous.

The "employer" obviously  made a politically  incorrect  mistake in  stating policy  about  "alternative gender"  applicants.

But  where is  there any  information as to  the reason  for that policy?

A  business requires a customer  base  to  be  viable. Perhaps  the  policy  is  not   discriminatory  in application due to  the  the  opinion  of  the  Employer  but in recognition  of the discrimination  of  the customer base  on which the  business is  dependant? The  discrimination belongs  to  the  customers  in  that  case.  Should  the  Employer commit commercial  suicide  in defence  of  job applicants? 

Or  if  the Employer does have a mindset of discrimination where is it that in real terms  they  cannot  say  no to  employing an individual  they  object  to on whatever grounds they want to apply?

Too  tall,  too  short, too old, to  young, too smelly, too masculine, too  effeminate.....

The  Politically  Correct and  legislative solution  now is to  simply   say... "Our   apology  for   declining  your  application".

And  that  is  the  easiest  way  to  avoid  ridiculous  objections of   failure  to  gain a meaningful occupational  position in a world  of  shrinking opportunity.

Discriminative   policy?

Who does  the job actually belong to?

Who  does the  job  belong  to?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Whoa   people! Both  of  you  have  valid comment.

What  is  relevant  to  the issue  is what the position applied  for  was. "Trading  Company"  is ambiguous.

The "employer" obviously  made a politically  incorrect  mistake in  stating policy  about  "alternative gender"  applicants.

But  where is  there any  information as to  the reason  for that policy?

A  business requires a customer  base  to  be  viable. Perhaps  the  policy  is  not   discriminatory  in application due to  the  the  opinion  of  the  Employer  but in recognition  of the discrimination  of  the customer base  on which the  business is  dependant? The  discrimination belongs  to  the  customers  in  that  case.  Should  the  Employer commit commercial  suicide  in defence  of  job applicants? 

Or  if  the Employer does have a mindset of discrimination where is it that in real terms  they  cannot  say  no to  employing an individual  they  object  to on whatever grounds they want to apply?

Too  tall,  too  short, too old, to  young, too smelly, too masculine, too  effeminate.....

The  Politically  Correct and  legislative solution  now is to  simply   say... "Our   apology  for   declining  your  application".

And  that  is  the  easiest  way  to  avoid  ridiculous  objections of   failure  to  gain a meaningful occupational  position in a world  of  shrinking opportunity.

Discriminative   policy?

Who does  the job actually belong to?

Who  does the  job  belong  to?

At least your handle was right.

• Haha 1