Thai Visa by post from London-based Embassy missing something!

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I've just discovered that I might have made a mistake when sending my passport to the Royal Thai Embassy, London, by post. I seem to have missed the part about supplying my "name and address on a separate piece of paper" when I sent my form, photos, postal cheque and passport to the Embassy. Clearly, my name and address is on the form (along with my email address) but now I'm worried that it might cause a huge delay in my visa being processed and my passport being returned.

My question is: Has anyone else forgotten to include this extra piece of paper with their name and address on it, and what sort of problems occurred as a result? I sent my package by recorded delivery last Thursday and it arrived on the Friday (that's 3 working days from today, excluding the weekend). 

Just to clarify, I've done everything else correctly apart from supplying my name and address on a separate piece of paper. Can the Embassy not just take my details from the visa application form and write them down separately for my return of address? I'm just hoping this isn't too much of a problem for a genuine oversight on my part.

It would be great if someone could reassure me that they also missed this and didn't have a problem.

Edited by Senior Player
  • Like 1

The way it is written on the embassy website is certainly a little vague,

"Fee for return post of £10 : Each applicant must enclose return address and pay an extra £10 on top of the visa fee to cover the return of passport."

I don't think they would deny the application for not including it.

Not sure they send you the tracking number. You would have to get it from them if was taking to long to get it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, guys, for your answers. I obviously don't want to get in contact with the embassy yet until the 5 working days is up (I'm now on day 4) as getting through to someone at the embassy by phone can be hell. 

As Tanoshi has pointed out: If there is a problem then they should notify me by email. As I haven't received anything yet, I'm hoping they process it and return it without any problems.

I'll keep you informed of what happens.

Cheers for your input, chaps.

UPDATE: Just received a Post Office Missed Delivery Card through my letterbox which was clearly my passport and visa. Therefore, the Thai Embassy doesn't issue a tracking number for the recipient to use. If they had, I'd have known to be in for the delivery date and not missed it!! Anyway, thought I'd mention it for those that send by post and wonder if the Embassy send you a tracking number, they don't.

4 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

UPDATE: Just received a Post Office Missed Delivery Card through my letterbox which was clearly my passport and visa. Therefore, the Thai Embassy doesn't issue a tracking number for the recipient to use. If they had, I'd have known to be in for the delivery date and not missed it!! Anyway, thought I'd mention it for those that send by post and wonder if the Embassy send you a tracking number, they don't.

off to the post office then. 3pm over there. should be open ?

Glad you’ve now got everything sorted.

I’ve just posted this as a new topic.

How did you understand this request with your application.

I’m in the process of applying for a O-A 1 year Retirement Visa at the London Thai Embassy.

I’ve obtained all the supporting original documents, but I’m confused regarding the certification by a Notary or Solicitor.
Do I understand correctly that if I provide the original documents (Bank Statements, Medical Certificate and Criminal Record Clearance Certificate) I do not need the documents (including photocopies)to be signed by a Solicitor or Notary.
Also because I am providing the original Bank Statement I do not have to provide a reference letter from the bank.

This is the copy of the information on the Thai London Embassy regarding O-A (1 year Long Stay Visa)

- Please submit the originals of bank statement, criminal record check, and medical record, as well as one photocopy of each document. In case that an applicant could not submit the original documents, the Embassy will accept the photocopies which have been certified by a Notary Public officer or Solicitors.

10 hours ago, Senior Player said:

Therefore, the Thai Embassy doesn't issue a tracking number for the recipient to use.

I certain they get a tracking number when it is sent but do not take the time to send it you.

One way to avoid the problem is to buy a prepaid return envelope at the post office instead of sending them the extra 10 pounds to the embassy for them to do it.

Well, I got the visa no problem, despite missing my home delivery and having to go collect it at the P.O.

So basically it wasn't a problem not supplying my address separately as they clearly took it from my application form. As I stated previously, the Embassy didn't provide me with a tracking number, though they would have retained one from their own business end. I appreciate the alternative is to supply a prepaid return envelope, but it wasn't really necessary.  

Anyway, happy days.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Are you sure that is entirely accurate?

Ah, I can see where the confusion lies. I was referring to it being 3 working days from the day I made my comment on these forums (that being the Tuesday) and the day my passport was first delivered to the Embassy (the previous Friday), hence 3 working days.

1 hour ago, Senior Player said:

Ah, I can see where the confusion lies. I was referring to it being 3 working days from the day I made my comment on these forums (that being the Tuesday) and the day my passport was first delivered to the Embassy (the previous Friday), hence 3 working days.

pretty good service though right. same as getting passports here. they are good to be fair. as quick as they can be

8 hours ago, Happy enough said:

pretty good service though right. same as getting passports here. they are good to be fair. as quick as they can be

Yes, very good service. Up until now, I'd always taken the effort to go along to the actual embassy and queue up. I just didn't have the time to go and wait this time so decided on the postal method. They turned it around pretty damn quickly considering I know that my passport arrived at 12:00 on the Friday. Therefore, they must have sent it out on the Tuesday as it was delivered to my door on the Wednesday. I doff my cap to them at the visa section.

• Like 1