Two in a day - gloomy day for suicide jumpers in Thailand

webfact

Two in a day - gloomy day for suicide jumpers in Thailand

3PM.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath said in their headline that it was a gloomy day for suicides yesterday.

Two women jumped within hours of each other in separate incidents in and around Bangkok.

At 3.30pm Bukkhalo police went to a condo in the Ratchapreuk area where a woman had jumped from the 19th floor. She was found to be suffering from cancer and police said she was probably stressed.

Meanwhile at 5pm a large crowd gathered at Baiyoke 1 tower on Petchaburi Soi 19 after a young Thai woman jumped from the parking lot.

Manatsanan Panyanudechdecha, 22, was seen holding onto an outer railing with both hands. Someone called out to her and she looked vacantly over - then jumped.

She was wearing gold jewelry.

Her bag containing an iPhone 6 and about 9,000 baht was found on the eighth floor of the nine floor parking lot.

Also in the bag were driving licences and an appointment card for a medical examination at Sinphet Hospital for the same day.

Investigations continue.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-21

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

• Sad 1

I remember about 23 years ago i was staying in a condotel just off the Sukhumvit in BKK ,when a guy jumped from the top floor and went past my window ,although i did not see him fall ,he landed  on the ground under my condo ,so sad ,never knew why he did it ,although at the time a got a phone call a few hours later from my then girlfriend to make sure i was ok ,as she had heard about it on the news .

• Thanks 1

Eventually we might have to change the referred name of the 'Land of Smiles" (LOS), to the Land of Bungy Jumpers" (LOBJ), without the rope, but then again the abbreviation for (LOBJ), could have a double meaning, I suppose ?

RIP

Image result for pictures of people falling of buildings

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Cadbury said:

None really for most people. Nor is the fact she had an iPhone 6 in her handbag along with 9k in cash. and other bits and pieces.

A sad occasion when such a young woman loses her life. Bad enough about her death for her family but did the ambulance chaser journos have to make such a big deal about the gold and money and her personal possessions.

Such callous journalism by Thai Rath was totally out of order.

Its just reporting on the story .

Stop moaning and complaining about everything .

Someone committed  suicide and you are using the story to have a moan

• Like 2

RIP and may you find peace in the afterlife. The world does not treat all of us the same and someday somehow a breakthrough in understanding and treating depression will occur.  Suicide knows no boundaries of sex, wealth, religion or age. Peace to all 

7 hours ago, poanoi said:

available nembutal should be a human right

Totally agree. If someone is at the “point of no return” they should be able to go with some degree of dignity instead of being “forced” to splatter themselves in this horrific manner.

• Like 1

i agree with a few other posters. the reporting on possessions wasn't being callous. it proves that she wasn't robbed and pushed and perhaps money wasn't the issue. they reported on a medical appointment card found too. was that callous. no, just perhaps it might give a clue as to why the poor girl decided to take such drastic action. RIP

Edited by Happy enough
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

I agree what gold ,what phone,and how much was in her purse has nothing to do with anything,gutter reporting.

Yes it is important because that show she was not suffering for bankruptcy and meaby she need the gold for afterlife 

RIP young lady