Trouble in Pattaya - again: Mass brawl in Thailand’s family friendly resort

webfact

27 minutes ago, catman20 said:

and by the looks of the fight they did not take any crap either, those dark skinned boys travel in packs also so it looks like the Thais got more than what they were looking for.................................a fare fight, we know the Thais dont like an equal numbers.?

Yes, exactly. A number of God's Gifts wandering around, or on motorbikes, but not a single one stepped in to defend the virtue of the Thai maidens. Maybe it's because Arabs (or were they Indians?) don't fight fair.

• Like 1

For somewhere to be branded family friendly , it actually needs to be family friendly.

For starters a side walk to walk without parked cars and bikes would be a good idea.

They also do not need to worry about family image, families do not usually go into latyboy bars or sex party boats with their kids

• Haha 1

It never ceases to amaze me that when there are several police road blocks checking licenses with dozens of them on duty it looks like over kill. Then in an incident like this there is only 1 cop and can not control anything. Where are all those Police??? By the way it looked like the driveway of The Marine Hotel to me, not the start of walking street.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Image result for thailand no arabs

That sign is/was in front of The Roo Bar on Walking Street.   Below is another image.

I am far from politically correct, but I never liked it hanging there.  Surely management doesn't want Western people consuming alcohol and accosting women.

Screenshot 2018-06-22 12.33.12.png

Edited by Radar501

18 hours ago, keith101 said:

As long as there are violent Lady Boys in Pattaya you will never have the family friendly environment you so desire . These people don't like being told no and this is when the fights start .

Homophobe? Ladyboys are not even the subject matter. You've got a problem buddy. The issue here is the gang of young middle eastern punks... 

18 hours ago, The manic said:

Say no politely and you have no problem. London is much more violent than Pattaya. These are stupid stories and should stop.

Why mention just London? What about Glasgow and other UK cities, they are all much more violent than Pattaya.

17 hours ago, ta158 said:

are you sure about that? 

UK 723 murders = 1.11 per 100,000 people.

Thailand latest figures 2014,  2,649 murders  = 3.9  per 100,000 people, doubtful.

but some reports say in 2016 thailand had over 3,000 gun murders thats a rate of 4.45  per 100,000 people, if you add all counts of murder the amount is aprox 5.6 - 6.3.

Regardless of statistics it is evident, and has been widely reported, that Thailand has a gun problem. What may make Thailand stand-out however is that so many murders we hear about – often murders are not reported in the English language media.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/gun-violence-in-thailand-a-problem-that-can-t-be-solved-10124114

Why is it then that I am very cautious when I have to walk in a Glasgow street any where around the city centre  area after dark, but can walk freely around the centre areas of Bangkok and Pattaya and even along Beach Road after dark with no fears? I do have to say though that I am never out during the early hours of the morning.

Edited by possum1931

16 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Have you ever walked in the dark along the beach in Pattaya? I'm afraid, one, or two, or three polite 'no's won't cut it with some (!) aggressive ladyboys... And yes, some will try to get hold of you and go through your pockets!

and what are the chances of that happening before midnight? 99.9% it will not happen then.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

I work in Dubai currently and most Muslim countries in one form or another are police states. Freedom goes to their heads. I did respect the old Arabs a long time ago and the feeling was mutual. no religious problems at all then. Now i cannot stand the arrogance of these youngsters who have the silver spoon from the sweat and toil of others. They are supposed to be well educated these days but in my experience they are as thick as two short ones. 

bricks

19 hours ago, smedly said:

They treat women worse than animals in their own countries so no different here or anywhere else for that matter including the UK and Europe

Sounds like a traveled man. Which countries, Middle East that is, you have been to?

I don't know why they keep on saying this kind of behavior will tarnish the image of Pattaya...

This IS Pattaya... day or night!!

Innocent tourists some of them may be, but far greater is the number of people who don't know how to behave like human beings..

both sides at fault... Foreigners & Thais alike !!!

Maybe it's time for "Big Joke" to step in and clean the place up if it's a "family resort reputation" he's really interested in

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

I don't know why they keep on saying this kind of behavior will tarnish the image of Pattaya...

Innocent tourists some of them may be, but far greater is the number of people who don't know how to behave like human beings..

Maybe it's time for "Big Joke" to step in and clean the place up if it's a "family resort reputation" he's really interested in

I guess not yet ready to take the family to for a holiday then. No, you must be wrong. They say it is a family resort so it must be just that. I think you may be confused Disney World

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's hard to 'know' Muslims when the Koran tells them to not befriend infidels.

But I've been plenty of places where I've been constantly surrounded by Muslims, places like Bradford and Leeds.

Not noticed many in Pattaya though.

Well, I've spent periods in a Muslim country over the past 26 years, and have found them to be the most polite people I've met anywhere. Example - giving up the last seat in a bar for me (he wasn't drinking alcohol). They aren't all dirty or terrorists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Well, I've spent periods in a Muslim country over the past 26 years, and have found them to be the most polite people I've met anywhere. Example - giving up the last seat in a bar for me (he wasn't drinking alcohol). They aren't all dirty or terrorists.

All very true but you fail to recognise that they are almost universally misogynistic chauvinists. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Some off topic posts that are now hijacking the topic have been removed, topic is not about London, California, Phuket or Muslims, please stay on topic.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Its rare compared to most cities in the rest of the world.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Its rare given the amount of people here. American and UK cities far more violent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

and what are the chances of that happening before midnight? 99.9% it will not happen then.

Who walk on the beach at night? Nobody but fools and cheap Charlie sex tourists. Try walking on the pavement. ....That's what it is there for.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Why mention just London? What about Glasgow and other UK cities, they are all much more violent than Pattaya.

I agree but I can't list every UK city anyway I know London and it it has now become the acid attack capital of the world, 70 murders this year, hundreds of stabbings and a massive amount of crime using mopeds. But sure other UK cities are plagued by violence too.

• Like 1