Video: Thais blaming tourists for messing up Pattaya with unsightly stickers

snoop1130

Video: Thais blaming tourists for messing up Pattaya with unsightly stickers

a6de394a-23e3-4fa4-a0d4-c840ee580976.jpg

Pattaya Update News said that they had received numerous complaints from irate Thais who are furious with Chinese and Vietnamese tourists for sullying a famous Pattaya temple landmark.

The Asian tourists have been pasting stickers used to identify numbers and tour groups at the temple of Wat Nong Yai in Bang Lamung.

Trees, pillars, walls, vegetation and the religious buildings themselves are covered in the little round white stickers that are hard to remove.

The Chinese and Vietnamese stick them there for luck but the Thais think it is disrespectful and dirty ruining an important religious site for local people.

They want the authorities to act against what they see as vandalism. 

A Chinese tour guide said on the Pattaya Update News Facebook page that they have warned tourists not to do it but they take no notice. 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/pattayaupdatenews/videos/830847130439957/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-6-21

I am sure there are bigger and uglier things in Pattaya than these little stickers .

Comes to mind . Remember many many years ago in England and a similar ploblem.

' Bill stickers will be prosecuted '     I wonder what became of poor old bill.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I am sure there are bigger and uglier things in Pattaya than these little stickers .

Comes to mind . Remember many many years ago in England and a similar ploblem.

' Bill stickers will be prosecuted '     I wonder what became of poor old bill.

I believe he moved to Thailand to continue his passion

• Haha 1

Right and now it's time to make a video with all the trash that the Thai are throwing everywhere and then send it to Pattaya update news and saying the a lot of irritate foreigners are furious at the Thai for fill it in yourself. Thai people have to stop blaming the others, they them self are to biggest polluters here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RotMahKid said:

Right and now it's time to make a video with all the trash that the Thai are throwing everywhere and then send it to Pattaya update news and saying the a lot of irritate foreigners are furious at the Thai for fill it in yourself. Thai people have to stop blaming the others, they them self are to biggest polluters here.

That is never going to happen. A Thai take responsibility for their actions no way

• Like 2

OK, the stickers are a problem, but its weak beer compared to the larger the heaps of trash that is thrown about all over Thailand.  TAT will spend millions on slick advertising to promote Thailand.  Wouldn't that money be better spent on simply cleaning up the trash?

Remember the Swiss girls that started cleaning up trash on Koh Samui?  Others started joined in when they saw foreigners addressing a Thai problem.  Maybe other foreigners should start doing the same.  And make sure the locals see you cleaning up their trash.  Never underestimate the importance of face here, and this will be an issue of face if foreigners are seen (social media) cleaning up local trash.

I suppose its better than scrawling " Somchai wuz ere " all over the place in permanent marker ink.

The stickers are easily removed, but the hard working Thais dont want to do this, they are too busy bitching about the stickers.

• Haha 1