Embezzlement of funds for destitute found at 7 more welfare centers

snoop1130

Embezzlement of funds for destitute found at 7 more welfare centers

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijM6G4TeYFF2hEBCgRcNGxElbdkaoS.jpg

The Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission has found embezzlement of funds for the destitute and the poor at seven more welfare centers, involving more than 41 million baht, PACC assistant secretary-general Wannop Somjintanakul said on Monday (June 25).

Pol Lt Col Wannop said the embezzle has been found in the third round of investigation of fraud being carried out at 28 welfare centers.

In the investigation of the first seven welfare centers, the PACC found a total of 41.4 million baht had been stolen from the funds intended for the destitute and the poor.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/embezzlement-funds-destitute-found-7-welfare-centers/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-6-25

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

At this point, it is probably safe to say that every welfare center has been embezzled, and if they happen to find one where the staff is not stealing, maybe send in some help to make sure they all haven't passed away.

Yes, it's starting to look like my estimate of 80% of Thais being corrupt may well be correct. The irony is that the guy who is announcing the corruption of 7 more centres is probably corrupt himself, or has taken or given corrupt payments at some point in his career..

• Like 1

"has found embezzlement of funds for the destitute and the poor at seven more welfare centers,   The seven centers are the highland people development center in Phetchaburi; the highland people development center in Phrae; 

No embezzlement of the welfare funds was found in eight provinces — Chachoengsao, Prachin Buri, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Nonthaburi, Phrae, Nakhon Sawan, Sukhothai, and Uttaradit.

Phrae yes?, Phrae no? Who actually get paid to write this cr*p?

Embezzling funds allocated to the poor/destitute or pilfering children's lunch budgets is pretty low. No shame some people have as they slither across the floor...and seems so many are at it. This sort of thing should be really stamped on hard.

Everybody learns from the politicians; they set the standard. They are the true masters in co-operation with big business.

After them the senior civil servants get dragged into the net and then their underlings learn from them. Provincial administrators can act sometimes as agents for the politicians or start their own empires with village leaders.

The distribution lists mus be very complex by nature. If it were a professional university subject many of them would have a Masters Degree or even a Doctorate in Distribution Lists. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, greenchair said:

We've been hearing these stories for the last 3 years. 

So far, no money returned and no prison sentences. 

Just another story with no end. 

The simple reason The guys at the top of the food chain (gov officials) are doing all the stealing. The apple tree in Thai society is rotten to the core They have no morals, Thay have no shame, They only think of themselves, They are corrupt and every Sat or Sun you will see the hypocrites praying in the temple Thai society is just a rabble

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

Everybody learns from the politicians; they set the standard.

Meh. The Military has been in charge far longer than any politicians, so I think it's safe to say that they set the standards for excellence in corruption.

Elected politicians, the small handful of them allowed to hold office since 1932, always seemed to give more than they took, which is behavior the PTB find offensive.

Just now, mtls2005 said:

Meh. The Military has been in charge far longer than any politicians, so I think it's safe to say that they set the standards for excellence in corruption.

Elected politicians, the small handful of them allowed to hold office since 1932, always seemed to give more than they took, which is behavior the PTB find offensive.

The military and the politicians are normally one and the same. If they had University Degrees for Corruption most would have graduated with Doctorates or at least Masters Degrees.

With all the recent publicity it has made me wonder why they don't teach corruption. It seems a very rewarding career.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Said the kettle calling the pot black.

At least we are not looking at watches! Or the accumulation of wealth of some military type.

Its a do as I say Government, not a do as I do Government.

It has been a "do as I say, not a do as I do" country from top to bottom for decades if not centuries.  Got a lot of growing up to do.