7 reasons not to move to Thailand

EricTh

1). If you don't like attractive slim young ladies that can be bedded for a nominal fee.

2) If you want everything to be like back home.

3)  If you prefer cooking your own Western foods ( many ingredients much cheaper back home).

• Like 1

He forgot to mention Thai time,for instance as i type i am having ac units installed in the house i am having built,now my wife organised this,so i have to pay the guys today, but she and only she knows the price,i have a vague figure from her,but i have to go to the atm to get the money,where is she,i have no idea,same as the last time we went to Bangkok we missed the bus cos she was late,she simply has no concept of time,keeping appointments ect

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 11:59 AM, marko kok prong said:

He forgot to mention Thai time,for instance as i type i am having ac units installed in the house i am having built,now my wife organised this,so i have to pay the guys today, but she and only she knows the price,i have a vague figure from her,but i have to go to the atm to get the money,where is she,i have no idea,same as the last time we went to Bangkok we missed the bus cos she was late,she simply has no concept of time,keeping appointments ect

Thai system of telling time is not as smooth as western way in my opinion. I'm not sure if this has something to do with tardiness and the lack of cognition of Thai stereotype mindset with telling of time . Using quadrants instead of halves just adds unnecessary information without benefit. But you know what they say, a lesson in time saves nine. 

On 6/28/2018 at 11:59 AM, marko kok prong said:

Thai system of telling time is not as smooth as western way in my opinion. I'm not sure if this has something to do with tardiness and the lack of cognition of Thai stereotype mindset with telling of time . Using quadrants instead of halves just adds unnecessary information without benefit. But you know what they say, a lesson in time saves nine. 

On 6/28/2018 at 1:10 PM, BritManToo said:

Turn it round on them.

Don't have any money ready, let everyone wait for you, or change your mind and don't pay at all.

When she misses the bus, change your mind and go back home, or go on your own.

Always amusing to see foreign men letting local women give them the run around.

A few 'punishment not paying', not going, going with another woman works wonders for your personal standing as a man. 

Plenty of other Thai women willing to step into her place (short or long time), that's what's so great about Thailand.

In other words, man up. Take charge. Bring common sense and reason into the equation. A little discipline. Thai workers really respond to not getting paid! Always hold the money back until progress has been made. Then piecemeal out the cash bases on certain tasks having been accomplished. Mistake number one in construction is giving them too much money up front.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 1:10 PM, BritManToo said:

Turn it round on them.

Don't have any money ready, let everyone wait for you, or change your mind and don't pay at all.

When she misses the bus, change your mind and go back home, or go on your own.

Always amusing to see foreign men letting local women give them the run around.

A few 'punishment not paying', not going, going with another woman works wonders for your personal standing as a man. 

Plenty of other Thai women willing to step into her place (short or long time), that's what's so great about Thailand.

Yes, Sir what the hell is u doing? She is having a lend of you big time and you can't blame anyone but yourself. I got air cons put in no problem The wife asked the questions after I told her what to ask him Like how much do u want to install? Don't be scared especially if is your money My wife who is Thai will always ask if she needs money  but that is rare as she owns a business and it is me who will get it out the bank not her She does not even know my pin number Control your money and you will be ok If you lose control of the money you will lose control of everything and next minute Nig Nooy and ex thai b/f will be in your bed

33 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

In other words, man up. Take charge. Bring common sense and reason into the equation. A little discipline. Thai workers really respond to not getting paid! Always hold the money back until progress has been made. Then piecemeal out the cash bases on certain tasks having been accomplished. Mistake number one in construction is giving them too much money up front.

Thank god Mike there are still guys with common sense. Thai has no time management skills They start a job and if you pay them they disappear till the money runs out and back they come. 2  You are the one in control of the money, not your Thai lady unless it is her money. I sorted out that problem ages ago and now it is never a problem

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2018 at 8:32 AM, stud858 said:

And I've noticed Thais rely a lot on context. They'll leave out subjects objects places and timings from sentences.

They know in their own mind and think that the other person should understand.

I often see them confuse each other.

As for time, the future does not exist because time is always now.

Have a rippa week everyone.