Denied Entry Both Border and Airport

16 minutes ago, keisee said:

That is the usual rule. Actually at first, the IO kept on telling me, "Go back to Cambodia!" but I requested him if I could go back to the Philippines instead. I think the immigration still has the final verdict whether they would send back the person to where he/she departed from or to his/her home country. In my case, I'm thankful that the Thai immigration allowed me to fly back to my country. 

Yes I think you have been lucky.

Anyway, even if you were not smart to prepare your trip, I wish you the best and yes, you can hate these rats in uniform, this is all what they deserve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, keisee said:

I've been to Malaysia twice but only visited KL and Langkawi. Had a great experience! I look forward to going back to the country and visiting other parts of Malaysia ? 

90 days no hassle visa exempt / social visit pass into the bargain

2 hours ago, grkt said:

And since when Filipinos are allowed to leave their country ? I have read here before that it was not that easy for them to travel abroad ?

That would depend on how many pairs of shoes they own

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CelticTam said:

You say you went for a trip to Cambodia, so I assume you returned the same day you departed Thailand. If so, you may have fallen foul of a ruling which states that you are not allowed to exit Thailand  and re-enter the same day. You are required to stay out of Thailand until next day. This happened to met at Sadao in 2014, as well as a fellow traveller who had a Non O multi-entry visa. As other posters have stated make sure you have the required documentation and relevant amount in Baht. As a citizen of an ASEAN country I thought you could enter Thailand without a visa, maybe I am wrong. Anyway, I hope you do decide to return to Thailand and that you enjoy the country, culture and people.

Tam, What a load of Sh*t ,I Leave Thailand go to Laos on My Non-Imm " O " Visa,Leave & Return the SAME Day....Done it for YEARS Mate....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Tam, What a load of Sh*t ,I Leave Thailand go to Laos on My Non-Imm " O " Visa,Leave & Return the SAME Day....Done it for YEARS Mate....

How is that relevant to crossing to Cambodia?  Maybe you should read the post again.

9 hours ago, keisee said:
10 hours ago, grkt said:

But there is something that I do not understand: you were coming from Cambodia, so why didn't they send you back to Cambodia as is the usual rule ?!

That is the usual rule. Actually at first, the IO kept on telling me, "Go back to Cambodia!" but I requested him if I could go back to the Philippines instead. I think the immigration still has the final verdict whether they would send back the person to where he/she departed from or to his/her home country. In my case, I'm thankful that the Thai immigration allowed me to fly back to my country

You’re correct.

They will usually default to sending you back to the country you came from because they can insist the airline that carried you take you back. But as long as you can provide a ticket to a country you have the right to enter they can accept it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, oldlakey said:

90 days no hassle visa exempt / social visit pass into the bargain

Would a Filipino get 90 day visa exempt in Malaysia? I traveled there with Thai work colleagues who only received a 30 day entry while I received the 90 day exempt as you mentioned.

Edited by OnTheRun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OnTheRun said:

Would a Filipino get 90 day visa exempt in Malaysia? I traveled there with Thai work colleagues who only a got 30 day entry while I received the 90 day exempt as you mentioned.

Philippine passport holders can travel to Malaysia without the need for a visa if we will only stay there for 30 days. ? 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, CelticTam said:

...fallen foul of a ruling which states that you are not allowed to exit Thailand  and re-enter the same day...

Doesn't exist except at certain southern land border crossings. Same-day hopping Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar land borders is no problem, as is same-day Thailand exit and re-entry by air.

However, in ALL instances of re-entry to Thailand, like all other countries, it is always the IO that you present your passport to that makes the final decision.

13 hours ago, OnTheRun said:

Would a Filipino get 90 day visa exempt in Malaysia? I traveled there with Thai work colleagues who only received a 30 day entry while I received the 90 day exempt as you mentioned.

I never gave that a thought as I have always been a self centered individual

I have just had a look 

Please except my humble apologies for spouting BS where citizens of the Philippines are concerned

• Like 2

On 6/28/2018 at 5:59 PM, keisee said:

In my case, I'm thankful that the Thai immigration allowed me to fly back to my country. 

Being thankful for what?That the Thai official did .not let you enter, against published rules?

sounds a bit Stockholm Syndrome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rastaputin said:

Being thankful for what?That the Thai official did .not let you enter, against published rules?

sounds a bit Stockholm Syndrome. 

What published rules would they be?

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2018 at 1:29 AM, TerryLH said:

How is that relevant to crossing to Cambodia?  Maybe you should read the post again.

plenty  do it for Cambodia.

Cambodia immigration,( ONLY Poi Pet)  tell u u need stay a night, but for 300 baht u can cross back same day  LOL

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:16 PM, grkt said:

And since when Filipinos are allowed to leave their country ? I have read here before that it was not that easy for them to travel abroad ?

They do not have a problem if flying to another Asian Country

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, bprinceuk said:
On 6/28/2018 at 5:16 PM, grkt said:

They do not have a problem if flying to another Asian Country

Young women in the Philippines need to jump through hoops before their immigration will allow them to leave the country. That applies no matter which country they are flying to.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/28/2018 at 5:13 PM, keisee said:

This is true. I called the Philippine embassy in Bangkok when I was detained and they told me that this could be the reason. There are a lot of Filipinos who enter Thailand to work illegally, that is why even those who want to visit the country purely for tourism are being affected by this. It sucks ? 

They also give this treatment to people from countries with high incomes.  There are special rules in the immigration-regulations to allow for low-paid labor to enter from neighboring countries (Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos), so it is not really about "illegal workers."

Note that Poipet/Aranya officials have been known to "recommend" people fly in, to put them in the trap at the airport you describe.  Those checkpoints seem to be controlled by a clique of like-minded IOs.  At all other land-borders, you would get 2 Visa-Exempt entries per calendar year without issue, provided you have 10K Baht worth of cash to show (might or might not be asked).

The IO at the airport Flat Out LIED about the amount of money required to enter visa-exempt, but they can deny entry for visa-exempts when they think they are being over-used (not well defined) per a ministerial order to this effect.  An actual Tourist Visa is a better option, but avoiding Airport-Immigration and the Poipet/Aranya crossing is the complete solution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2018 at 9:35 AM, BritTim said:

It is the fact that some are willing to pay off corrupt officials

I go for quick visa run every three months through a primitive border cross on Myanmar but Thai immigration officers demand 5000 Baht, what can I do? Because I don't want to change this border crossing and it is least expensive.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Different said:
On 6/28/2018 at 1:35 PM, BritTim said:

It is the fact that some are willing to pay off corrupt officials

I go for quick visa run every three months through a primitive border cross on Myanmar but Thai immigration officers demand 5000 Baht, what can I do? Because I don't want to change this border crossing and it is least expensive.

It seems you have a valid multiple entry Non O visa.. I have heard of Myanmar border crossings where you need to pay 500 baht for the Thai and Myanmar officials to do their jobs, but 5,000 baht is plain ridiculous. Are you paying this to immigration (Myanmar or Thai directly) or did someone see you coming and catch you before you reached immigration?

On 7/11/2018 at 12:08 PM, Different said:

if ur paying 5,000 baht  have sucker written on you or ur using a non official crossing

There ONLY 4 official land crossings

1. Mae Sai / Tachilek
2. Mae Sot / Myawaddy

3. Ranong to Victoria Point

4. Htee Kee to Phunaron

I have used them all and NEVER been charged by thai immigration

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 2

On 6/27/2018 at 5:30 PM, Suradit69 said:

Not that it matters much, but you weren't deported if you hadn't officially entered the country.

Are you 100% sure about this? Any information about this is helpful. Because what happened to KC at Poi Pet happened to me in every detail, and they made me sign a form which I'm sure she had to sign which says I was "expelled from the Kingdom of Thailand" and uses the word "expulsion" multiple times on the form. Definition of deported is "expulsion" so this has me very depressed if maybe she and I were "deported" after all. They took my picture of me holding this form up with passport in hand as if I was a criminal and I really had no clue I was doing anything wrong and couldn't just go to an ATM nearby to get the cash and buy onward ticket on my phone right then and there.

I totally understand where KC is coming from because Thailand, like to many people here, has been my passion for a long time. I'm American by the way, and when I finally saved up enough money to visit on tourist visas this is what happened to me. I'm coming from a place that has more Thai people living there than anywhere else in the world outside of Thailand,  but yet was treated like this here and yes it does put a damper on my feelings a bit for the country now. I would like to return someday too but this kind of changes my entire outlook on life after having dreamed of settling and retiring here one day.

I'd like to know if we're 100% sure about this not being a proper deportation and how they differ. Expulsion leads me to believe that I technically was in Thailand at the Border Immigration office.

Edited by FarangTraveler

1 hour ago, FarangTraveler said:

Are you 100% sure about this? Any information about this is helpful. Because what happened to KC at Poi Pet happened to me in every detail, and they made me sign a form which I'm sure she had to sign which says I was "expelled from the Kingdom of Thailand" and uses the word "expulsion" multiple times on the form. Definition of deported is "expulsion" so this has me very depressed if maybe she and I were "deported" after all. They took my picture of me holding this form up with passport in hand as if I was a criminal and I really had no clue I was doing anything wrong and couldn't just go to an ATM nearby to get the cash and buy onward ticket on my phone right then and there.

I totally understand where KC is coming from because Thailand, like to many people here, has been my passion for a long time. I'm American by the way, and when I finally saved up enough money to visit on tourist visas this is what happened to me. I'm coming from a place that has more Thai people living there than anywhere else in the world outside of Thailand,  but yet was treated like this here and yes it does put a damper on my feelings a bit for the country now. I would like to return someday too but this kind of changes my entire outlook on life after having dreamed of settling and retiring here one day.

I'd like to know if we're 100% sure about this not being a proper deportation and how they differ. Expulsion leads me to believe that I technically was in Thailand at the Border Immigration office.

Understand that you were the victim of an extortion attempt, carried out by Thai and Cambodian immigration acting in concert. Did you get a copy of this "expulsion form"? Did they put a stamp in your passport indicating deportation? I bet not. They would never give you such incriminating evidence of their scam. It was all part of an attempt to frighten you into succumbing to their scheme.

As long as they do not give you documentary evidence, they have plausible deniability. They can deny visa exempt entry without having to give reasons, and you have no right of appeal. The approach by a Cambodian immigration official trying to "help" you provides no evidence against specific Thai immigration officials.