health insurance for accidents

12 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Hang on, I didn't want to bother with health ins, found quotes too expensive and just found out-patient care was OK for me..

The unexpected hospital emergency happened so my Mrs shopped around after I contracted Dengue fever because the hospital bill came to quite a bit of dosh.

My Mrs found Thailife health ins catered for me at a reasonable price have been with them 4 years now. ?

Perhaps difference is there . My insurance is April international , cost a little fortune and any treatment which requires hospitalization is covered 100% up to 5 million euro per year .

the reason for me asking was because some posted they had health insurance but took out accident also.

to me it did not make sense.

Edited by BestB
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BestB said:

Exactly why the question . Health insurance covers hospitalization for whatever reason besides noted pre existing conditions . So in theory any injury resulting in being hospitalised should be covered, walk, skipped , broke hip or car or bike.

travel insurance is another matter as it has specific cases of what is covered 

so my question and confusion was if one had health insurance then accident insurance should not be required, 

Health insurance will cover health expenses, accident can also give payout for related monetary requirements, like lost income, disability, etc.

19 hours ago, BestB said:

the reason for me asking was because some posted they had health insurance but took out accident also.

to me it did not make sense.

In order to reduce premiums some may take out health insurance for In Patient only and also there may be a deductible and or co pay. To cover for basic accidents and out patient care it may be worthwhile having a relatively cheap accident policy as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topt said:

In order to reduce premiums some may take out health insurance for In Patient only and also there may be a deductible and or co pay. To cover for basic accidents and out patient care it may be worthwhile having a relatively cheap accident policy as well. 

That’s true but anything outpatient can not be all

That serious and fairly cheap but I see your point.