Pakistan ambassador shares concerns over safety of Phuket tourists

webfact

Pakistan ambassador shares concerns over safety of Phuket tourists

By The Thaiger

36295440_192336771465010_291650909581082

Phuket Governor Norrapahat Plodthong welcomed the Pakistan Ambassador Designate in Thailand H.E. Asim Iftikhar Ahmad and his delegation to the Phuket City Hall yesterday (June 27).

Topics up for discussion included increasing Pakistani tourism to the island and some of the challenges facing them. The ambassador said he was concerned about Pakistani tourist safety and facilities assisting their comfort and safety during their visits.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/pakistan-ambassador-shares-concerns-over-safety-of-phuket-tourists

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-06-28

According to the article: 

Phuket Governor Norraphat says “We have have taken a lot of measures to improve technology that is helping us take care of tourists in Phuket. We have installed thousands of CCTV cameras in risk areas. We also also have lifeguards station on every beach, continuing their training and providing better equipment.”

I guess those cameras are not doing beach goers much good, even with the talk of spending another 140 M Baht on CCTV for the beaches rather than hiring lifeguards! Brilliant!!! https://www.thephuketnews.com/b140mn-cctv-project-punted-to-support-phuket-smart-city-lifeguards-67226.php#OTAudmCAUgAKMTdB.97

Meanwhile, in other news: 

At 2pm today (June 28), a group of Chinese tourists were playing in the sea in front of the Karon stadium.

There were already rip currents in the area so lifeguards had placed red warning flags along the beach.

Two lifeguards stationed at the beach warned the tourists against swimming in the area three or four times but the tourists ignored the warnings.

At the same time, another group of tourists also entered the water and one of the group got caught in the rip currents and the rest of the group were calling for help.

Due to the low number of lifeguards stationed at the beach they were unable to deal with the two groups at the same time.

Edited by Jimi007
Typo

9 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

According to the article: 

Phuket Governor Norraphat says “We have have taken a lot of measures to improve technology that is helping us take care of tourists in Phuket. We have installed thousands of CCTV cameras in risk areas. We also also have lifeguards station on every beach, continuing their training and providing better equipment.”

I guess those cameras are not doing beach goers much good, even with the talk of spending another 140 M Baht on CCTV for the beaches rather than hiring lifeguards! Brilliant!!! https://www.thephuketnews.com/b140mn-cctv-project-punted-to-support-phuket-smart-city-lifeguards-67226.php#OTAudmCAUgAKMTdB.97

Meanwhile, in other news: 

At 2pm today (June 28), a group of Chinese tourists were playing in the sea in front of the Karon stadium.

There were already rip currents in the area so lifeguards had placed red warning flags along the beach.

Two lifeguards stationed at the beach warned the tourists against swimming in the area three or four times but the tourists ignored the warnings.

At the same time, another group of tourists also entered the water and one of the group got caught in the rip currents and the rest of the group were calling for help.

Due to the low number of lifeguards stationed at the beach they were unable to deal with the two groups at the same time.

Well, a few pointers came out of this story. 1 Chinese are deaf 2 Chinese are arrogant 3 Chinese looks at Thai people as 2 nd class citizens 4 Chinese don't understand hand signals Or Chinese like to die to  Take your pick

49 minutes ago, Mr E said:

No.

UK is now part of Pakistan and numerous other such green and pleasant lands.

As far as I am concerned they ain’t welcome in UK or anywhere in the world 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Well, a few pointers came out of this story. 1 Chinese are deaf 2 Chinese are arrogant 3 Chinese looks at Thai people as 2 nd class citizens 4 Chinese don't understand hand signals Or Chinese like to die to  Take your pick

Or, the local Thai Government officials pay lip service to the Consulates and Embassies who express concern and don't actually provide any services for tourist safety as they claim. I guess you haven't been following this year's Phuket Lifeguard Contract debacle! It's the most messed up and corrupt in the 13 years I've been reading about it. Hire a company form Bangkok that has no lifeguard experience what so ever for a few beaches, then tell the local cities to hire their own. Before this year the Phuket Or Bor Tor paid for all the beach lifeguards. I wonder where the money went? Two lifeguards for all of Karon Beach? Do you know how long that beach is? I would guess not!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

Or, the local Thai Government officials pay lip service to the Consulates and Embassies who express concern and don't actually provide any services for tourist safety as they claim. I guess you haven't been following this year's Phuket Lifeguard Contract debacle! It's the most messed up and corrupt in the 13 years I've been reading about it. Hire a company form Bangkok that has no lifeguard experience what so ever for a few beaches, then tell the local cities to hire their own. Before this year the Phuket Or Bor Tor paid for all the beach lifeguards. I wonder where the money went? Two lifeguards for all of Karon Beach? Do you know how long that beach is? I would guess not!

It's like everything here. The corruption at the top is unbelievable Yeah you are right Where did the money go? But as u say I have never seen that beach but if it as long as u say there should be 32 lifesavers there not 2. Wife just told me the guy who was in charge of the dept that was supposed to look after the poor people with gov money but embezzled it instead has just committed suicide with his wife. Even though she is still alive just. They drank poison. So much for the claim by the junta, they would stamp out corruption

Pakistan..the country that gave shelter and succor to osama bin laden.

The country whose military were complicit in benazir bhuttos death.

Where child abuse and sexual abuse are ignored. Honor killings encouraged.

As for their tourist industry and resort facilities.

Give me a break.

Edited by Expatthailover
  • Like 1