Australian man argued with Thai girlfriend before she fell to her death in Pattaya

webfact

Australian man argued with Thai girlfriend before she fell to her death in Pattaya

pattaya.jpg.0a900e204a668fe640a49006f0a7c482.jpg

An Australian man who was questioned by police after his Thai girlfriend fell to her death from an apartment in Pattaya told police the couple had an argument shortly before she died.

Travis Crow as taken into custody after his 28 year old girlfriend Wilawal Poolsuksern died when she fell from Mint Mansion in Pattaya in the early hours of Monday morning.

Video footage from the scene showed a distraught Mr Crow holding her hand as paramedics tried to revive her.

According to the Australian, the couple had been dating for two years and had been out drinking on the night of Ms Poolsuksern’s death.

Mr Crow told police the couple had returned to their apartment at around 1.30am when they began having a minor drunken argument.

As he emerged from the bathroom, Mr Crow said he saw his girlfriend standing on the balcony. When he told her to come inside, she jumped, Mr Crow said.

Speaking the Australian, Mr Crow said the argument “was nothing more serious than what other couples have” and that he is devastated by the death of his girlfriend.

“I’ve just come back to the room where I lost my girl. I’m here on holiday but come here quite often to see my girlfriend,” he said.

Ms Poolsukserm’s body has now been released to her family in Uthai Thani.

Mr Crow is understood to have paid 20,000 baht towards the funeral, the Australian reported.

Police on Thursday said they did not believe there were any suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of Ms Poolsuksern.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-28

Edit to add the update Thursday from Thai police

Proves yet again to me  Alcohol Women Parties dont mix. Some men get jealous when partner talks to another man or vice versa. And alcohol fuels that jealousy. There is nothing to say really about this she died and he will go home I think Next case. 

12 hours ago, Get Real said:

What a bunch of nonsense. Why are you stating such a strange comment.

Are you suggesting that money should replace the daugther they´ve lost? 20K is quite much from one person, as all others that comes for the 3 day funeral will contribute as well.
Have you ever considered, if no crime was commited, that he has lost something too. Should somebody pay him for his loss also?

How can you make one person the only one responsible for anothers suicide, and at the same time put a price on a person?
After that you state the he clearly didn´t think much of her. What do you know about that?

Agree with you. We will Se a lot of negative comments. We all have arguments especially when drink is involved. Drink is the killer in health and relationships. Think we have all been there. Our brains don't come into operation before we open our mouths. So some of you loud mouthed think of that. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Get Real said:

Are you suggesting that money should replace the daugther they´ve lost? 20K is quite much from one person, as all others that comes for the 3 day funeral will contribute as well.
Have you ever considered, if no crime was commited, that he has lost something too. Should somebody pay him for his loss also?

How can you make one person the only one responsible for anothers suicide, and at the same time put a price on a person?
After that you state the he clearly didn´t think much of her. What do you know about that?

What a bunch of nonsense. I've attended two funerals of my gf's close family members, and on both occasions more than half of the people brought nothing except their hungry and thirsty bodies! The theory is fine, but practice is real!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, hobobo said:

What a bunch of nonsense. I've attended two funerals of my gf's close family members, and on both occasions more than half of the people brought nothing except their hungry and thirsty bodies! The theory is fine, but practice is real!

Yeah, I can only feel sorry for you. I probably have the experience of around 20 funerals. Just take your bunch of nonsense somewhere else. 2 funerals in the same family. Yeah, that´s BIG knowledge man! At least you make me laugh. Seems like your girlfriends family and the rest of that village not go by tradition. However, they seem to be greedy enough anyway! Good luck in the future.

13 hours ago, Kadilo said:

He has paid 20,000 baht towards her funeral? 

He clearly didn’t think that much of her. 

Your post demonstrates that you know little of how things work in Thailand when someone dies, especially if they come from a rural area. The Thais have what might be termed a village-wide support service, in which people contribute to a fund to be used when someone dies. When my own father-in-law died there were several days of ceremonies which not only included the cost of several monks attending but food and drink for all those who came to pay their respects. I was afraid that it was all going to cost me a fortune but in the end, with other contributions adding to the fund, we actually made a small profit which was given to the temple.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shaurene said:

Agree with you. We will Se a lot of negative comments. We all have arguments especially when drink is involved. Drink is the killer in health and relationships. Think we have all been there. Our brains don't come into operation before we open our mouths. So some of you loud mouthed think of that.

And I agree with you too.  My TW worked in a small restaurant in Hua Hin when I was coming over here on holidays but at 57 yo I had done my pi$$ed up arguing in England , I never get that way again but as now 71 I hope I have calmed down.

• Like 1

This is a tragedy that happens too often in Thailand , my condolences to the girls family .  Sadly alcoholic drinks and inebriation play a part .

As a Farang boyfriend or husband it takes time to lean not to participate in a Thai girl/woman's argument , often you cannot even say a word in your defense .  I and many expat friends have the same problem ; Thai women have never been taught anger and temper control , are unable to have a reasoned conversation or discussion , anything you say may push them into a full blown tantrum , that may end in a tragedy like this one .

Thais are always right , so keep your mouth shut !!!

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Get Real said:

What? ......His compassion for his girlfriend of 2 years amounts to $800AUS..... participation in celebrating her life.... pretty modest for a farang.... no not modest...... cheap. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1