Pattaya plans shaded waiting areas at Bali Hai

Rimmer

Pattaya plans shaded waiting areas at Bali Hai

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya plans to bring some shade to tourists waiting for boats on Bali Hai Pier.

The city council on June 18 resolved to build waiting areas topped with fiberglass roofs at Bali Hai Pier after complaints passengers were baking in the sun as they waited to catch Koh Larn ferries.

Tourists who can’t take the sun currently trek back to the main Bali Hai pavilion, but often arrive to find it overcrowded, Deputy City Manager Atipat Yingisir­than­yarat told the council.

No timetable was given for construction, however, as the resolution was not backed by any money. The council now must try to acquire the funds.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-06-29

2 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

they just landscaped a beautiful green park so surely there will be plenty of benches, toilets, shade from trees,coffee shops etc right?

nope they got rid of anything good and  replaced it with concrete....notice the (fake) submarine.

1470171576_P_20171007_142508(Large).jpg.d69396897d7d34c61d08443b2bc9aff3.jpg

1461324518_P_20180117_105810(Large).jpg.d87ebce86d412f7c48758bb39f87a198.jpg

878898415_P_20180117_105839(Large).jpg.4b9467a74b5572b4f85b919f8a979b5b.jpg

today beach rd chaos was one of the worst days I have seen ..period...the only change is the buses off loading at the hard rock hotel area now use the empty dirtparking lot, for off and on loading..Every other drop area along beach rd, the buses are double parked and causing morning chaos ...the traffic on beach rd is not affected ( and never really was at 7-11 am).as it is so early,but the beach walk path and sand are littered with thousands of Chinese out for their free parasial...and the thai beach tour group bullies making a nuisance of themselves,ithink they only come to eat rest and socialize..cant figure out what all thoses pink blue yellow etc colored shirts do all morning except litter their foam and plastic morning feed all over the ground...and then drive their loud scooters back home screamin and yelling all the way down my soi....

Edited by mok199
speliings

2 minutes ago, mok199 said:

today beach rd chaos was one of the worst days I have seen ..period...the only change is the buses off loading at the hard rock hotel area now use the empty dirtparking lot, for off and on loading..Every other drop area along beach rd, the buses are double parked and causing morning chaos ...the traffic on beach rd is not affected ( and never really was at 7-11 am).as it is so early,but the beach walk path and sand are littered with thousands of Chinese out for their free parasial...and the thai beach tour group bullies making a nuisance of themselves,ithink they only come to eat rest and socialize..cant figure out what all thoses pink blue yellow etc colored shirts do all morning except litter their foam and plastic morning feed all over the ground...and then drive their loud scooters back home screamin and yelling all the way down my soi....

Yep it's great to see Pattaya thriving. BTW it's not your soi.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:46 PM, johng said:

Well shiver me timbers.. who'd have thought it, the huge expanse of blue concrete soaks up all the suns heat and roasts the tourists waiting ....if you had built a proper public park  with TREES instead of concrete there would be shade and greenery to naturally keep them cool,  maybe some seating would come in handy too.  

What are you talking about ???

The waiting areas - object of this article - are on the pear itself and on the sea side of the pavillon.

Nothing to do with the nice blue esplanade. :mellow:

The waiting areas - object of this article - are on the pear itself and on the sea side of the pavillon.

If you say so. [emoji6] it doesn't read like that to me though...lets see if and where they do set up some canopies.

On 6/29/2018 at 12:21 AM, Rimmer said:

No timetable was given for construction, however, as the resolution was not backed by any money. The council now must try to acquire the funds.

Takes money to make money....but that isn't always at the forefront of the Thai mindset when dealing with foreigners.

On 6/29/2018 at 6:56 PM, brucec64 said:

I'm sure the Chinese hordes will not be back because I cant see how this parasail/Koh Larn hell day can be enjoyable, and the place has become unlivable for residents.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They love it here. They will come back as independent travellers.  China is hell. Thailand is freedom to them. Your are out of time and out of place. You don't own a soi. You think everybody has to live like you. Pattaya is thriving...and the Chinese are gonna pour in. Visit Hainan to see why.  Times change....live with it and cut out the racial/culture superiority....

Leave if you don't like Asian in an Asian country 

• Sad 1