Briton, 60, found with drugs dies fleeing police in Udon Thani

webfact

On 6/29/2018 at 3:58 PM, webfact said:

Police later found out that Sewell had been staying at the Ton Tal Resort in Ban Nong Bu village in Tambon Samprao for a few years.

I would guess that he'd been rolling the dice for a while, this time it came up snake eyes. Feel sorry for the wife and kid, gamblers really shouldn't get involved in long term committments, but I suppose she knew what she was getting into.

40 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I suppose it happens both ways, but IMO, the dealers are much more to blame than the addicts.

And many addicts become dealers to be able to finance their destructive hobby. But the guy in question doesn't look like an addict to me. 

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Alcohol is not a drug. While it and nicotine are addictive and are the 2 biggest killers, despite being legal.

This is just ridiculous. Of course alcohol and nicotine are drugs. 

Ganga is harmless, and non addictive.

It can be harmful, but not necessarily so. That said, all drugs have side effects.

There are many addictive drugs, cocaine, heroin, and countless ones given buy doctors, or even over the counter at a drug store.

Correct.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, exemplary21 said:

This is just ridiculous. Of course alcohol and nicotine are drugs. 

It can be harmful, but not necessarily so. That said, all drugs have side effects.

Correct.

Yes "legal" killer drugs. Millions dead.

But humans are stupid.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 5:07 PM, swanny321 said:

So he fleed at speed with the evil weed an ended up deed? Enough seed!

but very sad for the missus and family.
may not have been the brightest, but lived by
"if you cannot do the time, do not do the crime or take matters in your own hands."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

But dealers make the addicts, they try and encourage people to take drugs and become addicted, that's how they make their money.

Or maybe I watch too much police shows on Netflix.?

no you do not watch too much Netflix, although the dramatised versions look far away from reality.

unfortunately it is a trick that has been in use for over half a century for sure.
add o to the pot so customers come back for more.
feed chicks with alcohol and shoot them up with H so they can go to "work"
it is a sad world where values are turned upside down and few people escape unscathed.

and yes, I have been doing a lot of field work and research when in University, studied rehab centers and that kind of stuff, and lost friends due to those pushers as well. 
Got no time for addicts, when you have an addict in your family, my advise is to lock all the doors, because they will suck you dry just for getting the next fix. Only give money to the rehab center, otherwise every other penny will go to waste.

jeez what a sad post, 
but apart from this depressing point of view, I am a normal person 555

Edited by KKr
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, KKr said:

no you do not watch too much Netflix, although the dramatised versions look far away from reality.

unfortunately it is a trick that has been in use for over half a century for sure.
add o to the pot so customers come back for more.
feed chicks with alcohol and shoot them up with H so they can go to "work"
it is a sad world where values are turned upside down and few people escape unscathed.

and yes, I have been doing a lot of field work and research when in University, studied rehab centers and that kind of stuff, and lost friends due to those pushers as well. 
Got no time for addicts, when you have an addict in your family, my advise is to lock all the doors, because they will suck you dry just for getting the next fix. Only give money to the rehab center, otherwise every other penny will go to waste.

jeez what a sad post, 
but apart from this depressing point of view, I am a normal person 555

Excellent post KKr. Thanks for taking the time to print it.

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

In response to a reported post, I have removed a significant number of posts for a number of reasons.

Trolling, Flaming, bickering, totally off topic, not forgetting a few racist remarks, along with the replies.

I am somewhat disappointed with the performance of several people here today, who I hope will now respect the rules and stick to the subject under discussion. If anyone has a problem with that, I will be happy to remove you from the forum for a few days so you can study up on the rules for what is and isn't allowed.

In case you don't know them, they can be found here: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

In addition I have also removed many posts for trolling, baiting, flaming and being off topic. I have also removed replies that quoted removed posts.

Please remember that moderators cannot be everywhere all the time. We do, however, respond promptly to reported posts.

If you see a post that you believe breaks forum rules, then press the report button. That is what the button is there for.

I urge you all quite strongly to post in a civil manner in this thread.

• Thanks 1

I am sorry this guy lost his life.  Seems we do not know whether he had an addiction problem or not.  It would seem to me that based on the amount of varied drugs he had in his possession he was dealing drugs.  The fact that he had meth and was probably dealing the stuff is the nail in the coffin for me.  Seeing first hand the effects of meth on friends, it is without a doubt on the top of the list along with heroine of drugs that should not be used. Meth totally screws up the head and causes serious addition, that's a fact. It is easily made, sold, and used.  So if he was dealing drugs to support his own habit, I would agree he might have had a serious illness himself which he might not have been able to control. However, if, and it's a big if, he was selling drugs to make money to support himself and/or his family then it's one less drug dealer on the planet causing serious harm to others.  I feel for the family. But it's possible that his death might save some  number of poor souls he might have talked into taking drugs.  Meth dealers often give a little of the drug away in the beginning as they know it becomes addictive and it gets their customers hooked.  So if he was just a willing dealer, well his death is awful for his family, but not so bad for others who might have through him become addicted to meth.

9 minutes ago, Trouble said:

I am sorry this guy lost his life.  Seems we do not know whether he had an addiction problem or not.  It would seem to me that based on the amount of varied drugs he had in his possession he was dealing drugs.  The fact that he had meth and was probably dealing the stuff is the nail in the coffin for me.  Seeing first hand the effects of meth on friends, it is without a doubt on the top of the list along with heroine of drugs that should not be used. Meth totally screws up the head and causes serious addition, that's a fact. It is easily made, sold, and used.  So if he was dealing drugs to support his own habit, I would agree he might have had a serious illness himself which he might not have been able to control. However, if, and it's a big if, he was selling drugs to make money to support himself and/or his family then it's one less drug dealer on the planet causing serious harm to others.  I feel for the family. But it's possible that his death might save some  number of poor souls he might have talked into taking drugs.  Meth dealers often give a little of the drug away in the beginning as they know it becomes addictive and it gets their customers hooked.  So if he was just a willing dealer, well his death is awful for his family, but not so bad for others who might have through him become addicted to meth.

He was a recovering addict/alcoholic last time I met him. Looks like he was just dealing to save going back to Iceland to make money. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trouble said:

Perhaps we should add some dealers in white? The wrongful prescription of opioid painkillers in America by money-hungry doctors has finally created heroin junkies when the government stopped these dealers in white.

The poor addicts had no other choice than buying heroin which is much cheaper than buying prescription drugs on the streets.

Sad is also that nothing happened to those "doctors" who prescribed thousands of pills to patients in a relatively short period of time. Unfortunately, are many youngsters now dead and can't tell the stories they went through anymore.

Opioids usually make people addicted in a very short period of time, and all doctors know that. Time to go after the dealers in white.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tandor said:

..i thought ..'in my opinion' was exclusive to experts in their field, who can back up their statements with conclusive evidence.

Anything that is backed up by conclusive evidence must be a fact IMHO

Opinion need not apply

Well thats IMHO   

• Like 1

The man didn't deserve to die, regardless of what he was doing, he was only small time probably the only way to sustain his exsistance in the country, supply and demand, nobody forces you to take drugs, how many on here can hold there hand up and say they have never dabbled?feel sorry for his wife and baby, RIP to the fella..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Johnniey said:

He was a recovering addict/alcoholic last time I met him. Looks like he was just dealing to save going back to Iceland to make money. 

A very high percentage of recovering addicts relapse. The odds of staying clean are actually very low. 

Brit dad who 'led double life selling crystal meth in Thailand' killed in horror crash after high-speed police chase

By Sophie Evans

PAY-NEWSLINK2403329_88136.jpg

A British dad who allegedly led a double life selling meth in Thailand has been killed in a horror crash following a high-speed police chase.

David Sewell, a real-life 'Walter White', appeared to live a normal life after moving to Udon Thani, Thailand, several years ago.

During the day he would visit Buddhist temples, hand out food to the region's poor, and look after his family's pet bulldog.

But each night, he would disappear in his unassuming grey Honda Civic.

Full story: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/brit-dad-who-led-double-12823169

Mirror: 2018-07-01

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, kannot said:
On 6/29/2018 at 8:47 PM, bluesofa said:

The two things that baffle me are the police being out at "9pm" and a "patrol car". Neither of those two seem to be a trait of the BIB.

I've never seen the police patrolling anything, for months - years - let alone that time of night. They must have either been lost, or their car had broken down earlier.

I travel regularly  from Bangkok down to Pranburi, quite often there is a midnight onwards check point so they do this at nights.

I'm guessing that would be on a main road, if so then I accept that completely.

I used to travel on the overnight Chonburi /Udon Thani bus. I think maybe twice there was a police check point on Highway 2, near Korat.

I don't recall seeing any police car in villages around Udon, let alone "patrolling". The only time I've seen one is on the main road when there's a check on motorcyclists without helmets, or driving licence checks generally.

I live in the the village where the alleged "patrol' car stopped to investigate someone acting suspiciously. I've never seen a police car going through the village before.

I feel there's more to the reason why they were around here, and at that time of night.

On two separate occasions my wife's parents called the police during the night when they heard intruders on their farm (three km from this reported incident). The police (when they did eventually answer 191) did everything they could to avoid coming out.

My wife said they try to avoid rural locations at night as they have been attacked in the past by locals who really hate them for refusing to do their job unless being given extra cash.

• Like 1

The problem with drugs and the use of the words of "pro-choice" obfuscates the issues for the public and families at large.

For example. I had a friend whose son was involved in drugs, the result thereof nearly destroyed his marriage and almost tore his family apart.

The public at large are at the mercy of these addicts whilst they cavort, hallucinate, drive and imbibe in a myriad of other activities whilstindulging in their pleasure. 

I feel sorry for them indeed but not at the expense of others safety/security !

The real culprites subjecting the populace at large are the "pushers and mules" of these opiates.