The "beautiful Thai girl" myth?

AlexRich

28 minutes ago, impulse said:

Not true.  I've met some that weren't beautiful on any level.  And some with gobs of physical beauty, but a black heart.

I've seen some with black feet, black hair, and/or with black underwear. Is black bad?.

5 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:
36 minutes ago, impulse said:

Not true.  I've met some that weren't beautiful on any level.  And some with gobs of physical beauty, but a black heart.

I've seen some with black feet, black hair, and/or with black underwear. Is black bad?.

I don't know any culture where a black heart goes in the plus column. 

Except maybe Satan worshipers and Caribbean voodoo cultures.

Edited by impulse

25 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Sorry to hear that.

I guess it comes to all of us eventually........................ what age do you consider to be "old" ?.............................genuine question.

its gradually obviously, but i think we are old when we turn 40,

and from that point it goes rapidly downhill

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I guess it comes to all of us eventually........................ what age do you consider to be "old" ?.............................genuine question.

When you have to think real hard whether you'd prefer a nap or a nooner?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

is she pre op or post op?

I was waiting for that, she has a son and daughter.

Her sister is almost the same height, her daughter about 2 ins shorter.

Her two brothers are as tall as me 6ft, so it runs in the family.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, neeray said:

The first poster said it all. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

No country has the most beautiful women in the world. But in my opinion, along with there many other fine qualities, Thailand rates NUMBER ONE for beautiful women. The best !

Countries such as Colombia and other South American countries are probably high on the list though, going on how often they win the top world beauty contests. Sure, I realize their 'beauty contest culture' does play a part.

4 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Your chances of bedding a "voluptuous olive skinned southern European or a blue eyed blonde Scandinavian girl" are significantly less.

Not necessarily. They just cost a lot more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, neeray said:

The first poster said it all. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

No country has the most beautiful women in the world. But in my opinion, along with there many other fine qualities, Thailand rates NUMBER ONE for beautiful women. The best !

Is that something to do with them being more accessible to the older male that generally comes here?

35 minutes ago, baansgr said:

15 years, relationships, working/professional relationships, knowing friends wifes/friends so a lot of experience with Thais from all walks of life and ages. Maybe Ive matured but seriously I would never have any kind of relationship with a Thai female for the reasons stated and many more. Life is too short....Oh, and I think the vast majority are damn ugly also.

Thanks for that reply.     

Do I gather correctly that you have no relationship whatsoever with a Thai lady at this time and have no plans to do so?

You do have some valid points and there are others as well.

3 minutes ago, impulse said:
14 minutes ago, tropo said:
4 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Your chances of bedding a "voluptuous olive skinned southern European or a blue eyed blonde Scandinavian girl" are significantly less.

Not necessarily. They just cost a lot more.

Your audience here is known for throwing their toys out 'the pram when the cost of beer goes up by 5 baht.  The odds that they'll dig that deep are, in fact, significantly less.

Plus they wouldn't score  regardless under any circumstances.

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

I was just thinking...I read this forum twice daily...and cannot remember people "going on" about how beautiful Thai girls are....mostly stuff about visas, property, work and of course...food.

Actually you are not the only one that feels like that....some people like the ..."men".

Almost every other article or comment uses the prefix "beautiful" ... a lot more than any other female nationality ...

I don't see many western women with Thai men?  

4 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I don't see many western women with Thai men?  

That's more to do with size than anything else. Most females won't "date" guys shorter or smaller than themselves.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tropo said:

If you're after a partner or wife, you only need one. If you can't find one attractive lady who takes your fancy in the whole of Thailand, then you're either blind, or you can't get the one you want and you're making excuses.

True story. I was engaged to a blue-eyed Swedish lady in her 20's back in the late 80's. I've seen her on Facebook recently and thanked the living Gods I'm not still with her as I cast my eyes upon my beautiful young Asian wife.

I'm not saying that you don't get beautiful girls in Thailand, more that I've been all over this country and seen a great deal more unattractive ones than stunners ... like every other country. So they are not special. I take your point that Scandinavians don't age well ... but when young they are quite stunning (generally speaking).

7 hours ago, tropo said:

That's more to do with size than anything else. Most females won't "date" guys shorter or smaller than themselves.

Bernie Ecclestone and Paul Daniels would disagree.......?

5 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I'm not saying that you don't get beautiful girls in Thailand, more that I've been all over this country and seen a great deal more unattractive ones than stunners ... like every other country. So they are not special. I take your point that Scandinavians don't age well ... but when young they are quite stunning (generally speaking).

LOL> I didn't mean to single out Scandinavian girls. I've seen recent FB photos of many of my ex's from other countries. None of them aged very well. To be honest, neither did I.

If you tour around rural areas of any country, you'll see more unattractive ones than stunners. You're obviously not into farm girls.

It's only certain types of girls that dedicate themselves to beauty and fashion. Even the unattractive ones could look good with a makeover.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, petermik said:

My father told me many years ago never marry a beautiful woman,marry one that is ugly so no-one else will want to bed her and she will be the most grateful lady on this earth and treat U like a king.....I did and I am :cheesy:

That’s fine if you wanna spend the rest of your life shacked up with and sleeping with an ugly wife. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, petermik said:

My father told me many years ago never marry a beautiful woman,marry one that is ugly so no-one else will want to bed her and she will be the most grateful lady on this earth and treat U like a king.....I did and I am :cheesy:

LOL> Many girls like to dress down their foreign partners in order to reduce competition. My wife used to tell me about her friend who always made sure her man dressed really badly when he went out. It was a matter of protecting her investment.

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

That’s fine if you wanna spend the rest of your life shacked up with and sleeping with an ugly wife. 

That's a bit harsh. Men usually find their Thai partners based on the sexual component, not the visual one. Many also prefer darker skinned ladies. That's why the Thai people make fun of them because they prefer lighter skin and look down on skinny, dark "farm" girls. Each to their own.

• Like 2