The "beautiful Thai girl" myth?

AlexRich

5 minutes ago, AntDee said:

Well it's true isn't it? That's what most farangs really think. A mouth is a mouth is a mouth. Anyway the ladyboys often look better than the women anyway. Any farang who denies this is probably just not comfortable being honest 

Mot true....by a long way...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

I live in Bahia and there are incredible malls there where the women rate right up there with NYC which many consider has the highest concentration of hot girls anywhere. Go to the beach where I live on a weekend and you will see more hotties in one afternoon than you will see in Pattaya in a year. So many girls prostitution does'nt work because of the over supply.

1_l5eBFdWzQi1u6oBuVgPu2w.jpg

I travelled Brasil east to west overland. The beautiful girls must be all in Bahia ☹!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, smotherb said:

You may have solved your debate. Certainly lifestyle is a factor, and most Asians stay out of the sun.

However, I too believe, given a similar lifestyle, the average Asian woman--note I do not limit it to Thais--ages better, is more feminine, more nurturing and far less likely to become a buffalo than the average Western woman.           

I question that! Look at your mothers-law. And a lot of Thai girls above 50 take on a lot of meat, especially when married to a farang with a good wallet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, AntDee said:

I completely agree. Really the issue with our own women is often socialization. Women's rights movements and gender equality are good things but they created a female culture that is wholly unattractive. Argumentative, aggressive, opinionated women. 

We have the Thai men and Thai culture to thank for Thai women's demure, deferential attitude. They let us men be men! 

They're pretty big on letting girls be men in Thailand though... Go past any construction site and observe how many females are working. I know it's hard to tell from what they wear, but there are many. Contrast that to the Philippines. You won't see a single lady doing such a job - it's just not done. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, bermannor said:

I question that! Look at your mothers-law. And a lot of Thai girls above 50 take on a lot of meat, especially when married to a farang with a good wallet.

I agree too. You don't see many well maintained 50 plus Thai women unless they are hiso and can afford the makeup and plastic surgery. Those skin clinics are very expensive.

3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

If I had stated that I think Thai girls are all ugly harridans you might well have a point. But all I said was that they are not that special, are not my preference and shouldn't be put on a pedestal. Hardly an outrageous statement. 

Anyway, let's hope the thread entertained. ???????

I have no problem with troll posts like these. They are a lot more enjoyable than most.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

I live in Bahia and there are incredible malls there where the women rate right up there with NYC which many consider has the highest concentration of hot girls anywhere. Go to the beach where I live on a weekend and you will see more hotties in one afternoon than you will see in Pattaya in a year. So many girls prostitution does'nt work because of the over supply.

1_l5eBFdWzQi1u6oBuVgPu2w.jpg

I guess it really depends on what we consider attractive. I don't really like the gargantuan butts and oversized thighs. I also don't like the hyper emotionality. I want a woman to be physically weaker than I am and calm. 

To me Thai girls are nice because they are so small. So even if they are indeed a bit ugly, because they are small, ugly features are easily overlooked. They are like prepubescent girls. When people are normal size, their flaws are easier to see. And Brazilians are massive jungle sized people. 

• Like 2

On 7/1/2018 at 5:09 AM, mstevens said:

Even if a foreign bloke has nothing going for him (no money, no game, no looks and no future), he can still find plenty of Thai women who will give him a chance.  That can cause some to say that Thai women are special, when perhaps what they mean is that Thai women give them a chance when women from their homeland do not.

I strongly disagree. If you're broke, ugly dude, hell if you're a broke good looking dude, it is highly unlikely that a Thai girl is going to be interested in developing a relationship with you.

31 minutes ago, Poottrong said:

I strongly disagree. If you're broke, ugly dude, hell if you're a broke good looking dude, it is highly unlikely that a Thai girl is going to be interested in developing a relationship with you.

deepens how stupid or desperate the Thai girl is.   

1 hour ago, blazes said:

I would (genuinely) like to know if anyone remembers what we teenagers used to say (a million years ago, needless to say) along those lines:

"You don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire."

i remember and still do and think that unless ive got a stunner. then i think WOW how lucky am i, then its all over pretty quick.?

Edited by catman20

On 7/1/2018 at 6:06 AM, neeray said:

The first poster said it all. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

No country has the most beautiful women in the world. But in my opinion, along with there many other fine qualities, Thailand rates NUMBER ONE for beautiful women. The best !

wasn't successful with women in your home land then right !

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Thanks for that reply.     

Do I gather correctly that you have no relationship whatsoever with a Thai lady at this time and have no plans to do so?

You do have some valid points and there are others as well.

Correct, I have two lovely half Thai daughters  and am trying  my hardest to "westernise"  them as much as possible.  My original post was a little tongue in cheek due to the OPs Title. 

3 hours ago, bermannor said:

My MIL is 70+ and has kept herself fit. Worked all her days and kept covered from the sun. She’s not married to a falang, but if my missus grows old like her mum then I’m onto a winner ? 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:06 AM, neeray said:

The first poster said it all. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

No country has the most beautiful women in the world. But in my opinion, along with there many other fine qualities, Thailand rates NUMBER ONE for beautiful women. The best !

While some Thai women are still extraordinarily beautiful, it's true that wealth and the ability to afford a western diet ( sugar, wheat, dairy and red meat ) has made many Thai women chubby and less attractive.

Back in the 90s, most women were petite, slim and gorgeous. Can't say the same now, unfortunately.

With wealth has also, IMO, come an increase in women that think they are "special", despite their grandfather probably being a poor labourer.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AlexRich said:

If I had stated that I think Thai girls are all ugly harridans you might well have a point. But all I said was that they are not that special, are not my preference and shouldn't be put on a pedestal. Hardly an outrageous statement. 

Anyway, let's hope the thread entertained. ???????

You're right OP, it's a matter of preference.  If I was to say that " blue eyed blonde Scandinavian girls" are nothing special and you shouldn't put them on a pedestal, I'm sure you'd agree.  

Edited by Berkshire
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Doesn't seem to have hit this one yet....

r.jpg

Do you not read?  I neither said there were no good-looking Western women nor did I say there were no Asian dragons. As far as shelf-life; well, we'll have to see what she looks like in a few years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Do you not read?  I neither said there were no good-looking Western women nor did I say there were no Asian dragons. As far as shelf-life; well, we'll have to see what she looks like in a few years.

If you list conniving vindictive women Russia is number one with a bullet followed closely by Columbia. One look at this one tells a story don't it.

5 hours ago, bermannor said:

Fine, you can question all you like. I never said there were no Asian buffaloes; just that there were fewer per capita.  And, I believe you are right in saying more Asians are becoming cottage cheese queens because they live a more Western lifestyle.

3 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

If you list conniving vindictive women Russia is number one with a bullet followed closely by Columbia. One look at this one tells a story don't it.

Well, I have seen some conniving vindictive Asian women too; but I have little experience with  Russians and Colombians.

2 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Well, I have seen some conniving vindictive Asian women too; but I have little experience with  Russians and Colombians.

Lived in Costa Rica for a decade and they were notorious scammers. The Latinas from Columbia not as much but still a handful. Seen Boston Georges wife on "Blow" and  you get a good picture. Most Latinas are actually pretty cool. Thai girls make the top five for sure.

3 hours ago, catman20 said:
On 7/1/2018 at 6:12 AM, JLCrab said:

... but then there are some like Ms. PookLook at 1.7m who ain't small -- anywhere.

Pooklook-fb.jpg

ladyboy ??????????????????????/

Gee that's clever. Did you think that one up all by yourself?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Do you not read?  

Clearly you lack comprehension skills - I said that she had not yet been affected by your assertion that western women go to the dogs once they reach 40.

6 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Lived in Costa Rica for a decade and they were notorious scammers. The Latinas from Columbia not as much but still a handful. Seen Boston Georges wife on "Blow" and  you get a good picture. Most Latinas are actually pretty cool. Thai girls make the top five for sure.

My initial comments were about the physical features and attitudinal attributes of the women in meaningful relationships. When you are talking about scammers; I think you need to consider not only the race/nationality of the women, but their livelihood as well. I have noted many farang-Thai/Asian relationships where the woman was a scammer. However,  the majority of those relationships were customer-commodity ones. Where the only love involved on the woman's part was for the money. I have noted fewer Western on Western relationships which were customer-commodity only; although many may have been security-subsidized.