Forum upgrade in progress! ×

The "beautiful Thai girl" myth?

AlexRich

7 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I thought you were being a bit harsh on English ladies, until you mentioned Nottingham and those that hangout in Spain ... to be fair they’re not the best representatives, being drunk degenerates. 

I agree.  I lived in London for 3 years and was surprised how many really attractive ones I saw there, counter to stereotype.  That's also taking into account charming, sweet, fun personality.  So much easier to hit it off with someone from a similar background, and like I mentioned before, someone who has a proper job so contributes to the finances and is generally a supportive partner instead of someone you need to provide for (along with some family members).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChidlomDweller said:

I agree.  I lived in London for 3 years and was surprised how many really attractive ones I saw there, counter to stereotype.  That's also taking into account charming, sweet, fun personality.  So much easier to hit it off with someone from a similar background, and like I mentioned before, someone who has a proper job so contributes to the finances and is generally a supportive partner instead of someone you need to provide for (along with some family members).

Anyone who has a relationship like that is nothing but a cash cow, regardless of how he views the situation...... 

2 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

Anyone who has a relationship like that is nothing but a cash cow, regardless of how he views the situation...... 

Friends with benefits

sugerbabes and sugardaddys

4 minutes ago, ChidlomDweller said:

I kind of agree with them being overrated, esp. vs. the reality of the ones you see foreigners with day to day.  But I do think they have very good genes on average: pretty faces with fine features, slim ass and stomach, nicely proportioned bodies if you overlook the flat chests (which for me is a small price for a slim behind).  On the downside, really bad skin is quite common here (not sure why -- diet?  Destroying their skin from too much cleaning, whitening and cosmetics?  Genes?) and at most 1 in 5 is slim anymore, if that many, and the few slim ones left know their value.

I agree that most Thai’s retain their shape but increasingly the western fast food and obesity epidemic is spreading across the world. American fast food companies have infiltrated the Thai palate and you can see that in the general population ... more fatties than there used to be. My mother recently showed me a photograph of her and her fellow employees in a British factory in the early 1960’s. What was striking was how slim everyone was, from the youngest to the oldest. And this was a period were people drank alcohol, smoked and took lots of sugar in their tea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ChidlomDweller said:

Your quite lucky in Belgium, they are much like the London girls that you mention above. I also lived in London and thought that the girls were pretty good ... from all backgrounds. 

3 hours ago, BangkokSausage said:

They will if you like a career bar girl that's 50 and can no longer attract customers. Lots of farang in Pattaya who are pensioners scratching out a living can be seen with them. Not judging just stating facts

Pensioners aren't broke by Isarn standards - even if it's small, they get a guaranteed monthly income from their home country and that's pretty sexshy to a Thai woman ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Poottrong said:

Pensioners aren't broke by Isarn standards - even if it's small, they get a guaranteed monthly income from their home country and that's pretty sexshy to a Thai woman ?

the 'pension' word is not their favourite!

in lieu it is the:

"I want it (all) ...  I want it now"

10 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

When I saw 272 posts, I thought someone had revived a 10 year old thread again - but it only started yesterday!

But never mind the subjective comments, I can exclusively report the results of my own scientific survey ....

I travel to many cities in the world on business, and when not in work meetings and despite the personal sacrifice in the quest for truth, I have been conducting an extensive survey.

Method:

I choose a coffee shop facing a busy street or a walkway in a popular mall, and I count how many girls of mating age have to walk past before I see a "10".

I used the internationally accepted 'Prettiness Universal Rating Value (PURV) to rate girls on a scale of 1 (Functional) to 10 (So hot she makes my groin ache), and count how many girls pass by until I see a 10. 

Results:

And here's the results using an average from 3 three coffees per shop, shows as numbers of girls passing until a "10" - (Lower number is better rating for the City):

• Sydney (Gloria Jeans Coffee, Harbourside): 34
  • Paris (Café di Roma, Champs Elysees): 32 (but after adjusting results to remove the impact of several Chinese coach tour parties: 16)
  • Kuala Lumpur (Starbucks Suria KLCC): 26 (Researcher's Note:  The 10's were general of Indian origin)
  • Singapore (Starbucks, Wheelock Place) 17  (Researchers Note: results filtered to discount expensive make-up and designer accessories)
  • London (Costa Coffee, St Pancras): 15 (Researchers Note: all girls in London are from overseas, so may not be representative of results in other cities in UK)
  • Barcelona (Starbucks, Mol De Espanya - Harbour facing seat): 14 (Researchers Note: But they were all hot in some way, just not necessarily 10)
  • Tokyo: (Starbucks Shibuya): 12 (Researchers Note: many 'cute' but not classed as 10) using the PURV rating
  • Seoul: (Angel in Us Coffee, Sogong): 10
  • Bangkok: (Starbucks Terminal 21): 8
  • Bratislava (Starbucks, Aupark): 7

Note: No results for US cities as timed-out before a '10' appeared

I admire your diligence....

I imagine that Prague would have a low score........some crackers there...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I admire your diligence....

I imagine that Prague would have a low score........some crackers there...

Thank you - it was a tough job, but I felt it was important enough to dedicated several hours a day.

Yes, Prague, Budapest and Warsaw could rate well - and I suspect the influx of Polish girls impacted on the London results.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

When I saw 272 posts, I thought someone had revived a 10 year old thread again - but it only started yesterday!

But never mind the subjective comments, I can exclusively report the results of my own scientific survey ....

I travel to many cities in the world on business, and when not in work meetings and despite the personal sacrifice in the quest for truth, I have been conducting an extensive survey.

Method:

I choose a coffee shop facing a busy street or a walkway in a popular mall, and I count how many girls of mating age have to walk past before I see a "10".

I used the internationally accepted 'Prettiness Universal Rating Value (PURV) to rate girls on a scale of 1 (Functional) to 10 (So hot she makes my groin ache), and count how many girls pass by until I see a 10. 

Results:

And here's the results using an average from 3 three coffees per shop, shows as numbers of girls passing until a "10" - (Lower number is better rating for the City):

• Sydney (Gloria Jeans Coffee, Harbourside): 34
  • Paris (Café di Roma, Champs Elysees): 32 (but after adjusting results to remove the impact of several Chinese coach tour parties: 16)
  • Kuala Lumpur (Starbucks Suria KLCC): 26 (Researcher's Note:  The 10's were general of Indian origin)
  • Singapore (Starbucks, Wheelock Place) 17  (Researchers Note: results filtered to discount expensive make-up and designer accessories)
  • London (Costa Coffee, St Pancras): 15 (Researchers Note: all girls in London are from overseas, so may not be representative of results in other cities in UK)
  • Barcelona (Starbucks, Mol De Espanya - Harbour facing seat): 14 (Researchers Note: But they were all hot in some way, just not necessarily 10)
  • Tokyo: (Starbucks Shibuya): 12 (Researchers Note: many 'cute' but not classed as 10) using the PURV rating
  • Seoul: (Angel in Us Coffee, Sogong): 10
  • Bangkok: (Starbucks Terminal 21): 8
  • Bratislava (Starbucks, Aupark): 7

Note: No results for US cities as timed-out before a '10' appeared

Very interesting thanks for sharing.

But for me I could care less about a 10.  In fact, my experience is that they know what they are and their non performing arrogance is the result.

I would much rather be with a 7 who otherwise is fantastic in all ways. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Very interesting thanks for sharing.

But for me I could care less about a 10.  In fact, my experience is that they know what they are and their non performing arrogance is the result.

I would much rather be with a 7 who otherwise is fantastic in all ways. 

In any other country I would agree, but the high density of 10's, and the fact that what rates as a 10 for most westerners is hardly a 4 or 5 for most Thai men, means that we can have it all.

16 minutes ago, Mattd said:

You have obviously never been to Papua New Guinea!

Thats was a interesting google search "papua new guinea beautiful girls"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Thats was a interesting google search "papua new guinea beautiful girls"

but the only ones you'll get near to, are the 'marys'   (mythical monsters)

7 minutes ago, BangkokSausage said:

Farang fill a huge void by taking on the dark skin uneducated village girls.
Middle class thai men want nothing to do with them and they must shake their head in amazement when farang fall over each other trying to snag one!

You know that is not true, many Thai men and women marry across their class. It is a myth they do not mix, but thai girls knocked up and have kids, is a different matter, and most foreigners do not care taking care of a whole family including kids. I find that more true. 

9 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

My MIL is 70+ and has kept herself fit. Worked all her days and kept covered from the sun. She’s not married to a falang, but if my missus grows old like her mum then I’m onto a winner ? 

There are always exceptions to a rule and myth

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

My son was here recently and thought the same as the OP.  No problem.

I think Thais' are the most beautiful and sexy women in the world which is a big reason I live here...

It' not the cost of living and entertainment?

47 minutes ago, BangkokSausage said:

Farang fill a huge void by taking on the dark skin uneducated village girls.
Middle class thai men want nothing to do with them and they must shake their head in amazement when farang fall over each other trying to snag one!

True, but the dark skin thing is idiotic racist nonsense on their behalf, and as for most university educated Chinese-Thai girls, talking to my 12-year old niece in Belgium is more stimulating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

You're very angry for a "transcendental dude" who wants to bring joy and karma to this retched world. Now get back to your yoga mantras and wrongheaded mysticism, there's a good chap. Thai Visa patrons will seek their bliss in the soi's of Bangkok and Pattaya ... namaste to you good Sir!

NB. The bulk of Einstein's theories remain valid, and are proved in scientific experiments over and over again ... he just lost the quantum debate ... I'll let him off with that.

The quantum debate is everything... without it, the rest is pointless... The quantum field is where it all comes from... get that wrong, you have it all wrong... !!!

Edited by SamadhiWarrior

19 hours ago, shy coconut said:

How much did you lose?

I've lost more to farangs (much more) than I have to Thais.  I just have to at least 3X my effectiveness to compensate for them and my own requirements until I learn how not to be an idiot (don't hold your breath, I like it this way).