The "beautiful Thai girl" myth?

AlexRich

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

It’s certainly true that Thailand is more advanced but in the poor areas where most of these “beautiful girls” hail from there is still some poverty. HISO Thai’s generally don’t date older westerners, unless they are Rupert Murdoch or Warren Buffett. 

I think generally you are right, but I am in my 60's and dated a few Hiso very attractive girls in their 30's in Bangkok.

They had good jobs, a car, renting a nice condo, classy dressers, etc.  Actually looking for a Falang bf or husband.

That being said, they were all hugely in debt. Numerous credit cards, many expensive clothes/shoes, etc.

Probably thinking a squared away Thai man would not want the debt burden.

Just saying, it is possible but always seems some catch...

• Like 2

On 7/2/2018 at 11:15 AM, AlexRich said:

<snip> And another point that I never got into was that we are culturally closer, speak the same language and have more in common. I've lost count of the number of times I've sat in a cafe in Thailand and watched an older westerner speak to his younger wife or girlfriend like he would to a 5 year old. When the conversation is at that level what's the point?

Well since she doesn't speak English and I am not fluent Thai, maybe she talks to me like I am the 5-year old.  At any, rate as you have lost count the number of farang talking pidgin talk to their Thai counterpart, maybe one of these would help

Compteur-Manuel-Compte-Personne-Clicker

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JLCrab said:

Well since she doesn't speak English and I am not fluent Thai, maybe she talks to me like I am the 5-year old.  At any, rate as you have lost count the number of farang talking pidgin talk to their Thai counterpart, maybe one of these would help

Compteur-Manuel-Compte-Personne-Clicker

Nope, it can only cope with 4 digits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

3rd world countries don't throw millions of $$$$$ for boys or whoever trapped in a cave (they let them perish)....

Or have decent infastructures or road systems...Available water, university systems, adequate hospitals....

Want 3rd world, go walk across africa - at your own peril....

Not sure any money was spent on the cave.

All army equipment and personnel that would have been paid, rescue or not.

Not sure any of them were even needed beyond the three Brit cave rescue and a few porters.

Just one big media circus.

Back on topic,

I did spot one attractive Thai girl crawling around kitted up in caving gear.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bermannor said:
1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

Nope, it can only cope with 4 digits.

How many this counter has? Or do you mean you can count only up to 4, then I would understand that you have not seen many pretty Thais.

the intent and meaning is crystal clear. 

i can say this with confidence because i am a high school grad

Edited by atyclb
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, bermannor said:

How many this counter has? Or do you mean you can count only up to 4, then I would understand that you have not seen many pretty Thais.

I've seen many pretty Thais, just like the many pretty girls I've seen all over the world ... this thread ... the gift that keeps on giving ... starts with the view that they are not any better looking than anywhere else ... controversial, but not any less true for being so.

Did you really have to ask the question? I've sat in numerous cafes and restaurants and watched that scene over and over again. An old western guy with a much younger Thai, neither of whom can speak each others language, resorting to baby talk to communicate ... that's when the Thai girl doesn't have her face in a mobile phone. But that's another topic entirely. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I've seen many pretty Thais, just like the many pretty girls I've seen all over the world ... this thread ... the gift that keeps on giving ... starts with the view that they are not any better looking than anywhere else ... controversial, but not any less true for being so.

Did you really have to ask the question? I've sat in numerous cafes and restaurants and watched that scene over and over again. An old western guy with a much younger Thai, neither of whom can speak each others language, resorting to baby talk to communicate ... that's when the Thai  girl doesn't have her face in a mobile phone. But that's another topic entirely. 

1. you repeat yourself in parts

2. Compare it with your OP post

3. After several drinks on a bar chair all over the world the beauty of girls change dramatically.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Did you really have to ask the question? I've sat in numerous cafes and restaurants and watched that scene over and over again. An old western guy with a much younger Thai, neither of whom can speak each others language, resorting to baby talk to communicate ... that's when the Thai girl doesn't have her face in a mobile phone. But that's another topic entirely. 

True but I don't think age difference has much to do with it. It's just that farangs guys, young or old, tend to date Thai gals without a lot English skills, or education for that matter.

So, they end up in situations where (a) the guy is yammering away while she nods her head exactly every 10.5 secs. not understanding a word, or (b) they both have noses buried in their respective mobile phones communicating with their own kind, or (c) it's a pidgin-pantomime mix to get their thoughts across.

Sadly, Thai gals with good education from upper class families are mostly unavailable to foreigners. So, the only option if one is not to have a love life entirely barren in the hours between boom-boom is learn the darned language.

• Like 2

Bangkok women are stunning. I'm constantly surprised how many beauties on the MRT daily. You've got no eye. As a general rule, not much interest in dark skin.

Ive come to have a fondness for native born East Asian women: feminine, thin, straight hair, nice shape, petite, personable, care about makeup, wear dresses and heels (not my wife 555).

East European women are pretty hot. I guess every country has some lookers.

Guess you'll be packing up since there's no reason to hang about in East Asia then.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The older guys, very obvious what's going on. The younger ones are the couples I find so funny. 30-45yo farang male in cargo shorts and t-shirt + 25-35yo  female way out of his league.

They are rentals, it's obvious. Neither can speak the other's language and if they could they'd still have nothing in common or anything to say to one another. Can always tell the rentals by the body language and chemistry - looks like a first date, really awkward and going poorly. Clothing not coodinated, guy not looking much like a lifer here.

If you get an opportunity to sit next to one of these couples do it the conversation is amazingly stupid. Even my wife finds it hilarious.

The woman gets a free meal and money presumably. No sex or I would imagine some very hefty p4p money for GFE. Losers.

Edited by ozmeldo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ozmeldo said:

Bangkok women are stunning. I'm constantly surprised how many beauties on the MRT daily. You've got no eye. As a general rule, not much interest in dark skin.

Ive come to have a fondness for native born East Asian women: feminine, thin, straight hair, nice shape, petite, personable, care about makeup, wear dresses and heels (not my wife 555).

East European women are pretty hot. I guess every country has some lookers.

Guess you'll be packing up since there's no reason to hang about in East Asia then.

I'm not in South East Asia currently, I'm in the Eastern Mediterranean ... but will return to Thailand as a base at some time in 2019, and move around for a while. It's good for tax reasons, and that's why I go back ... it's also great for food, entertainment, relaxation, etc. I'm thinking of going to Ukraine for a few days, so let's hope you are right.

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

As a Brit I can state we don't really care if our teeth are straight, just that they work.

Now let me ask why your fellow countrymen/women don't care about being grossly overweight?

Now let me ask why your fellow countrymen/women don't care about being grossly overweight?

cos by the time they are over weight their already married the man stuck with them, he cant leave or if he dose, hes fxxxxd financially loses his kids she got what she wanted, kids and security. (his security)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I'm not in South East Asia currently, I'm in the Eastern Mediterranean ... but will return to Thailand as a base at some time in 2019, and move around for a while. It's good for tax reasons, and that's why I go back ... it's also great for food, entertainment, relaxation, etc. I'm thinking of going to Ukraine for a few days, so let's hope you are right.

Ukraine will make your balls ache.......lot's of 9.0 - 10.0

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, bermannor said:

So, they are waiting for you already?

"Mein Kampf" had it's effect on you it seems. The tall white Arian.

which is strange considering Hitler was a brown haired guy with one ball?