U.S. protesters urge Trump to reverse immigration crackdown

rooster59

16 minutes ago, cooked said:

I'm sorry if trying to get to the facts confuses you. The other 2000 or so kids came with their parent(s) but tried to come across illegally. Parents go to detention, that's the law. You want to put the kids in jail as well?  Of course if you mean that people that come across illegally with their kids should just be allowed to go, why not just say so. 

Try that in Thailand.

for someone accusing others of fact confusion you seem to be exhibiting some yourself. First you say that the "parents go to detention" then you ask "put the kids in jail as well" 

I am sure you must know that Jail and detention are two different things. Your above argument is a false narrative designed by to make the situation more palatable for the Trumpeteers.

Since you are so keen on the facts,

The fact is that both the Parents and the kids are detained , only at different places, and none of them enters the penal system, at least in this country  this happens after conviction .  

Edited by sirineou
edited typo. The facts remain the same LOL

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

for someone accusing others of fact confusion you seem to be exhibiting some yourself. First you say that the "parents go to detention" then you ask "put the kids in jail as well" 

I am sure you must know that Jail and detention are two different things. Your above argument is a false narrative designed by to make the situation more palatable for the Trumpeteers.

Since you are so keen on the facts,

The fact is that both the Parents and the kids are detained , only at different places, and none of them enters the penal system, at least in this country  this happens after conviction .  

You're quibbling with words. Thanks for explaining that to me, but you haven't changed the facts. So you want the kids to go into detention (jail, caboose, lockup, do porridge) with their parents. OR you want to let them all go free. 

This has nothing to do with supporting Trump. it all started pre-Obama and he didn't get around to signing an executive order as trump has. They are going to a naval base somewhere now, so what's your beef?

14 minutes ago, cooked said:

You're quibbling with words. Thanks for explaining that to me, but you haven't changed the facts. So you want the kids to go into detention (jail, caboose, lockup, do porridge) with their parents. OR you want to let them all go free. 

This has nothing to do with supporting Trump. it all started pre-Obama and he didn't get around to signing an executive order as trump has. They are going to a naval base somewhere now, so what's your beef?

Please restrain from disseminating   Trump administration talking points

You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. What I stated in my reply is indisputable fact.  

Below are some additional facts and supporting link:

"The idea that this is simply a continuation of an Obama-era practice is "preposterous," said Denise Gilman, director of the Immigration Clinic at the University of Texas Law School. "There were occasionally instances where you would find a separated family — maybe like one every six months to a year — and that was usually because there had been some actual individualized concern that there was a trafficking situation or that the parent wasn’t actually the parent."  " 

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/immigration-border-crisis/fact-check-did-obama-administration-separate-families-n884856

34 minutes ago, cooked said:

By the way, I don't want kids to go to detention ,the law requires it when they enter the country illegally . Both parents and Kids are detained pending legal proceedings.  Under The Trump administration they were detained at separate locations  as a matter  of course rather than if the situation warranted  . I am not sure why you can not understand that simple proposition.

PS: please forgive me for the tersnes of my replies, as a parent I have strong emotions concerning this situation. 

Edited by sirineou

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

By the way, I don't want kids to go to detention ,the law requires it when they enter the country illegally . Both parents and Kids are detained pending legal proceedings.  Under The Trump administration they were detained at separate locations  as a matter  of course rather than if the situation warranted  . I am not sure why you can not understand that simple proposition.

dear oh deary me. Under the Obama administration there were at one point, 23 000 kids separated from their parents. Trump became aware of the problem and has now signed an order that the kids and their parents won't be separated. Obama never got around to that. In fact they went to great pains to hide the fact that they were dong this.

I'm not sure if you understand that simple fact. As I said above, the families will as soon as possible be housed in disused naval bases.

This has nothing to do with being for or against Trump as you are trying to make it out to be, It's about the press publishing pictures from the Obama era showing kids in cages, it's about distracting from Trump's meeting with Kim, of the continual attack on and distortion of whatever Trump does. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cooked said:

dear oh deary me. Under the Obama administration there were at one point, 23 000 kids separated from their parents. Trump became aware of the problem and has now signed an order that the kids and their parents won't be separated. Obama never got around to that. In fact they went to great pains to hide the fact that they were dong this.

I'm not sure if you understand that simple fact. As I said above, the families will as soon as possible be housed in disused naval bases.

This has nothing to do with being for or against Trump as you are trying to make it out to be, It's about the press publishing pictures from the Obama era showing kids in cages, it's about distracting from Trump's meeting with Kim, of the continual attack on and distortion of whatever Trump does. 

is that an opinion or a fact? If an opinion , you are welcome to it, is a fact please supply a supporting link. as i was good enough to do with mine.

It’s all just a tool for the trator in chief to devide and rule did you see that tweet the devisive a hole put out?talking about (towns) liberated from ms13 do you really think a responsible leader would say something like that?ms13 is a locale unorganized bunch of punks that need to be snuffed out they have little organization no money hey Donald your buddy Kim is making nukes again what you don’t want to talk about that I know it’s easyer to put toddlers in jail some leader you are you puke

3 hours ago, cooked said:

Your 23000 figure is false. Massively false.

10 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Your 23000 figure is false. Massively false.

That's the figure I have here, although that may be over a period of three years I guess.

There is nothing that trump is trying to do now that Obama didn't try to do. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tug said:

It’s all just a tool for the trator in chief to devide and rule did you see that tweet the devisive a hole put out?talking about (towns) liberated from ms13 do you really think a responsible leader would say something like that?ms13 is a locale unorganized bunch of punks that need to be snuffed out they have little organization no money hey Donald your buddy Kim is making nukes again what you don’t want to talk about that I know it’s easyer to put toddlers in jail some leader you are you puke

He has to take examples like MS13 because the low intellect of many dem supporters makes it necessary to simplify things to a level that they can understand. He has talked about child smugglers supplying paedophiles and drug mules but I guess you missed that. 

Anyway this isn't about the kids, it's about the dems desperately thrashing about looking for something to tug at the heart strings and get people to vote against trump. It isn't working.

They aren't making nukes, they're on to something else (maybe biological warfare) and the information about this is freely available. The last person to be surprised by this will be Trump, and he's ready. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cooked said:

That's the figure I have here, although that may be over a period of three years I guess.

There is nothing that trump is trying to do now that Obama didn't try to do. 

There was no policy in Obama's time to separate children from their parents automatically. No zero tolerance.

And where exactly is "here"?

Edited by bristolboy

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

There was no policy in Obama's time to separate children from their parents automatically. No zero tolerance.

And where exactly is "here"?

No there wasn't. He tried to get authority from congress and failed, so he signed the DACA order.

Google it for yourself like I had to.

5 minutes ago, cooked said:

He has to take examples like MS13 because the low intellect of many dem supporters makes it necessary to simplify things to a level that they can understand. He has talked about child smugglers supplying paedophiles and drug mules but I guess you missed that. 

Anyway this isn't about the kids, it's about the dems desperately thrashing about looking for something to tug at the heart strings and get people to vote against trump. It isn't working.

They aren't making nukes, they're on to something else (maybe biological warfare) and the information about this is freely available. The last person to be surprised by this will be Trump, and he's ready. 

He makes examples like this because studies overwhelmingly show that undocumented aliens, apart from the infraction of border crossingy,  commit crimes against people and property at a much lower rate than do native Americans. But people like you are prefer truthiness to truth.

And a study that Trump himself asked for, ishowed that undocumented aliens are a net economic plus for the USA. Naturally,Trump had the report suppressed.

And the aside about North Korea is ridiculous. I'm sure the information is freely available. The question is who's manufacturing it.

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

He makes examples like this because studies overwhelmingly show that undocumented aliens, apart from the infraction of border crossingy,  commit crimes against people and property at a much lower rate than do native Americans. But people like you are prefer truthiness to truth.

And a study that Trump himself asked for, ishowed that undocumented aliens are a net economic plus for the USA. Naturally,Trump had the report suppressed.

And the aside about North Korea is ridiculous. I'm sure the information is freely available. The question is who's manufacturing it.

I am not a Trump supporter, nor am I to such an extent a Trump hater that I am impervious to logic. Don't expect me to engage any further.

4 minutes ago, cooked said:

No there wasn't. He tried to get authority from congress and failed, so he signed the DACA order.

Google it for yourself like I had to.

I tried, No luck. It's not true. Let me put it another way. Your claim is false. But you can prove me wrong by providing a link.

12 hours ago, Tug said:

tug ----- show link please for the  indictment or conviction treason

Edited by riclag

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The you’re in the wrong line.

The line you need is well in front of you it has ‘Mueller’ at its head.

Your in the wrong thread buddy.This is about immigration protesters. I was asking proof of a name he called my President!