What am I missing?

falangjim

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:
26 minutes ago, catman20 said:

really ? you come here for the temples and the culture ?

I work here

And, make a decent pay differential for a hardship posting.  That's got to frost some of the guys who saved up their entire lives to retire to a frugal existence in Thailand.

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

I know they do, pretty sad that they don't listen to you. Then again which such thinking, they are probably right in doing so. 

Just wondering how many assumptions one can make in two sentences.

11 hours ago, Maradona 10 said:

Well that isn't a very civil way to respond to advice. Maybe you should use this type of bravado to tell these fells's where to go, or are you only brave from behind the safety of a keyboard?

did you read the entire post?

7 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

It maybe a big surprise for you but not everybody came here for the hookers.

Scandinavians come here for a free "Finnish-Sauna" 24/7 for 9 months out of the year. 35 celsius + 95 % humidity = Finnish-Sauna.:smile:
Cheers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

I work here

I always thought that GOD expelled Adam and Eve from paradise because they ate forbidden fruits. Now I know better: God threw them out because Adam started to work in paradise. = A no-no!

Once the "workaholic" called Adam was expelled from paradise, the burden of having to provide for Eve and her "relatives" was meant as additional punishment directed at Adam. Especially if Adam choose Thailand as a substitute paradise. :wink: 
Cheers.

Sounds like you rolled out the door mat that says, "Walk on me. I'm a Farang.  No need to respect me!" 

I'd work on changing your living conditions.  You're house, you're rules, and based on your age - you demand respect from the disrespectful son who is shining you on big time.  And putting a roof over son's head doesn't include 'friends'. 

So stop being a door mat.  Set the rules and enforce them. 

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Nonsense, don't always hide behind your wife and man up. Tell him yourself if you have any self respect you as the man of the house takes care of things.

Take that advice and the OP's fragile kriengjai will be royally and forever buggered.

On 7/2/2018 at 7:22 AM, BobbyL said:

?

How do people allow these things to happen.

What? You mean get involved with a woman that has kids you didn't father & bring along a whole new world of pain???

With all the choices you have, especially in Thailand, why oh why?

1 hour ago, Straight8 said:

Relationships often start with dating right, or are you the type to marry at first sight?

Quite a lot of relationships start with the parents meeting and agreeing that the children will marry.

Probably MOST relationships, but some people only count white folk living in the west and forget what the rest of the world does.

(Islam, India and China are 70% of the world)

Edited by BritManToo

Sounds like your missing communicating with your wife

Is your wife around? She should tell her son to not bring guests, but you need to speak with her first obviously if it makes you uncomfortable.

if she won't do it your stuck with the visits while your still with her, unless you agree together that you should tell him. In that case tell him and agree on firmer measures if he does not comply.

Edited by Dick Crank

On 7/4/2018 at 8:22 AM, Dick Crank said:

Sounds like your missing communicating with your wife

Is your wife around? She should tell her son to not bring guests, but you need to speak with her first obviously if it makes you uncomfortable.

if she won't do it your stuck with the visits while your still with her, unless you agree together that you should tell him. In that case tell him and agree on firmer measures if he does not comply.

Your not missing anything really 

Or your wife didn't tell you because she knew you may disagree

So she let it be,but maybe didn't realise there were others

I told my wife after i got a shock " Falangs don't like not to be told when they are coming " when her sisters husband turned up in a Tuk Tuk as I was just hanging out in the front yard.

They think it's just ok as it's family, don't give a crap as they are not my family

• Confused 1

Op. I'm asking in a polite way.

You can well afford it you say. So what the hell were you thinking of marrying a single mom? Successful rich guys in a poor country should be getting the cream, not the left over spilt skimmed milk.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sidjameson said:

Op. I'm asking in a polite way.

You can well afford it you say. So what the hell were you thinking of marrying a single mom? Successful rich guys in a poor country should be getting the cream, not the left over spilt skimmed milk.

IMG_20180706_175628.jpg

• Haha 1

That is the Thai way it seems. The term "family" is used quite loosely, and when it's about family, there is freedom. Especially when there is farang money involved, then all of a sudden every "family" member wants a taste. You married a Thai woman, you should've known this fact. If you don't agree with this lifestyle or mindset, then maybe you shouldn't have married a Thai. You'll never change them. You can only change you. Accept that this will keep happening again and again, and if you can't accept it, it might cause problems in your relationship with your wife. If you can't accept this, well then all there is to do is remove yourself from the equation. 

9 hours ago, NoMeAmes said:

That is the Thai way it seems. The term "family" is used quite loosely, and when it's about family, there is freedom. Especially when there is farang money involved, then all of a sudden every "family" member wants a taste. You married a Thai woman, you should've known this fact. If you don't agree with this lifestyle or mindset, then maybe you shouldn't have married a Thai. You'll never change them. You can only change you. Accept that this will keep happening again and again, and if you can't accept it, it might cause problems in your relationship with your wife. If you can't accept this, well then all there is to do is remove yourself from the equation. 

You hit that on the head

He'll (& even wife ) will see long lost relatives until they die as most of them just live day by day 

Just like my wife ( she's way to soft when it comes to family )

The low lifes came out of the wood work