White south african expats

2 minutes ago, new101 said:

Nonsense, the khoisan are the indigenous people of South Africa, the whites were there long before the savages migrated down south and ruined everything.

Koos van der Merwe I presume!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

Known a few and they were likable, they do however say what they mean, which in todays world just upsets a whole host of people......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

"...say what they mean"...  Is that sort of like blurting out any stupid sht that happens to pop into your head?  Like a 5-year old child would?  Yeah, that could upset people. 

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

Actually, they left there to come here

and be teachers

They also complained about the fact that all social housing as well as the jobs was now given only to blacks by blacks and how much better things were before the apartheid was ended.... 

Apartheid was ended because the country didn't belong to another country I guess, the Indigenous peoples got independence and it's gone the opposite way.

34 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Apartheid was ended because the country didn't belong to another country I guess, the Indigenous peoples got independence and it's gone the opposite way.

You could argue that whites contributed a lot in the last several decades to make it the place it is today... 

Look at the rest of Africa where they still haven't progressed beyond mud huts etc 

"...say what they mean"...  Is that sort of like blurting out any stupid sht that happens to pop into your head?  Like a 5-year old child would?  Yeah, that could upset people. 
No, that would be exactly like "blurting out any stupid sht"
Much like your post......

25 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

No, that would be exactly like "blurting out any stupid sht"
Much like your post......

You brought it up Einstein.  Unless you care to explain what you mean by "say what they mean."  

You brought it up Einstein.  Unless you care to explain what you mean by "say what they mean."  
That they can be
Direct
Forthright
Outspoken
Not people that shy away from controversy
Not willing to sugar coat things
Taken as brash by the above tendencies

None of which are in any way representative of "blurting"

3 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

That they can be
Direct
Forthright
Outspoken
Not people that shy away from controversy
Not willing to sugar coat things
Taken as brash by the above tendencies

None of which are in any way representative of "blurting"

I get you.  I'm just jerking your chain.  At least you didn't bring up the dreaded "non-PC thing." 

2 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

You could argue that whites contributed a lot in the last several decades to make it the place it is today... 

Look at the rest of Africa where they still haven't progressed beyond mud huts etc 

The rest of Africa where they still haven't progressed beyond mud huts, really?

This is Mauritius, that is a part of Africa where the appear to have progressed beyond mud huts.

4e5498dc92612332d62f4e0c3c33dd52.jpg.11f2da5775a851495f2c92e50da3283f.jpg

This is Djibouti, another country in Africa that appears to be slightly beyond mud huts.

12891085_1769423973289624_8327760273793758062_o.jpg.54e27f108c861bc7e183eb43446c3885.jpg

This is Nigeria, note the absence of mud huts?

lagos-nigeria-03.jpg.49ba5d5121f9329bedd35802a496a548.jpg

This is Angola, I could go on....

luanda_novos_edificios_1.jpg.f60ae0a56659a5e61829bf4744832a2a.jpg

2 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Several decades, LOL, you clearly know what you are talking about!  South Africa was colonised 36 decades ago.

6 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Several decades, LOL, you clearly know what you are talking about!  South Africa was colonised 36 decades ago.

I am referring to the architectural and infrastructure white south Africans contributed before the end of apartheid.... 

360 years ago is irrelevant to this conversation 

When you find an excuse why most African nations live in tribal villages with mud huts and drink dirty water from  rivers let me know...... Bye

5 hours ago, new101 said:

the whites were there long before the savages migrated down south and ruined everything.

Your right mate---same in Oz, we had hardly finished planting the Kings flag when all these black faces appeared as if from nowhere. Making wild claims on our land.

23 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The rest of Africa where they still haven't progressed beyond mud huts, really?

This is Mauritius, that is a part of Africa where the appear to have progressed beyond mud huts.

4e5498dc92612332d62f4e0c3c33dd52.jpg.11f2da5775a851495f2c92e50da3283f.jpg

This is Djibouti, another country in Africa that appears to be slightly beyond mud huts.

12891085_1769423973289624_8327760273793758062_o.jpg.54e27f108c861bc7e183eb43446c3885.jpg

This is Nigeria, note the absence of mud huts?

lagos-nigeria-03.jpg.49ba5d5121f9329bedd35802a496a548.jpg

This is Angola, I could go on....

luanda_novos_edificios_1.jpg.f60ae0a56659a5e61829bf4744832a2a.jpg

If Africa is so developed why do millions of them (try to) get to Europe. Many risk their life. Some die. Don't they like those beautiful cities?

I guess the immigration officers at the processing centers should show them those pictures: Go back to your beautiful and developed Africa...

Just now, Ks45672 said:

I am referring to the architectural and infrastructure white south Africans contributed before the end of apartheid.... 

360 years ago is irrelevant to this conversation 

When you find an excuse why most African nations live in tribal villages with mud huts and drink dirty water from  rivers let me know...... Bye

Here are some drawings made by early colonialists of what they discovered in Africa, they discovered mega-cities, stone houses, palaces with domed pavilions, libraries of books on law, poetry, architecture and maths, art hanging on the walls, fine carpets on the floor.  I bet you didn't know that a country in Sub-Saharan Africa was the 1/3 richest country in the world 500 years ago, did you?  And what happened to these great cities, the colonialists burned and looted them, Africa owes so much to their colonialists, don't they, without them they would never have gotten past mud huts, keep dreaming, or is that dribbling?

81f8c06e5fed25b330781249b5f667d1.jpg.129a7456663b432e08a3d3d59eb84fae.jpg-kumasi-ghana-west-africa-capital-mary-evans-picture-library.jpg.5ad891807e6f8b42b6eba578cfe41009.jpgloango-africa-granger.jpg.3eca593f4fe8d59b539be907abfc3847.jpg

19 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If Africa is so developed why do millions of them (try to) get to Europe. Many risk their life. Some die. Don't they like those beautiful cities?

I guess the immigration officers at the processing centers should show them those pictures: Go back to your beautiful and developed Africa...

Are you serious?  We were talking about an alleged majority living in mud huts and their alleged debt to colonisation, not inequality, obviously a huge number of people live in poverty, my point was that these developments I posted pictures of do demonstrate that not everyone lives in mud huts and these developments were made post colonisation.  Also you should consider why so many Africans try to get to Europe, it is not to escape mud huts and drinking from rivers, it is largely to escape forced conscription into the army, they have press gangs conscripting men for 25 years and on minimal pay, anyone in their right mind would try to escape, its basically slavery.

On 7/4/2018 at 5:28 PM, robblok said:

To be honest i came across a young white south African and he was far more pleasant and less racist then what I see here on the forum. This was 7 years back or so.  He worked as an English teacher and now is back in his home country.

So maybe I was lucky meeting one that was good I don't know how big your sample size is.. mine is small just 1.

If he was Chiang Rai based I think I know him.

If not there are at least two!

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

We had a white south African guy in our company for a couple of years. I liked him, many people liked him, he was a sociable guy.

About them all being racist: I don't know. But I know it's easier to pretend we are all equal if we don't see too many of the others (black Africans or whatever the "others" are).

I.e. I see a lot of black Africans at night in lower Sukhumvit. Many of them seem to be drug dealers. Some of them "talk" to me from time to time like "do you want something, man?" No, I don't want drugs. And if 10 of 10 guys who want to sell drugs to me are black Africans then it's difficult not to become a little racist.

You are seeing a very small demographic of black Africans.

Thailand attracts a lot of deviants and Ne'er do wells.

So we see a disproportionate amount of Russian/East European mafia and  black African criminals, British and American pedos

It's not typical of those countries" behaviour, it's more typical of people who flock here to do their crap.

3 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

So we see a disproportionate amount of Russian/East European mafia and  black African criminals, British and American pedos

It's not typical of those countries" behaviour, it's more typical of people who flock here to do their crap.

Even Nigeria's president is critical of Nigerians abroad, admitting that there is a disproportionate number in jail for drug offences and understands why they are less than welcome as visitors or "refugees". It appears that crime is pretty much rampant in Nigeria, not just abroad.

3 hours ago, tifino said:

better to switch over to Dekaffanated coffee

pun of the year!

this topic isn't about the black south africans....Ive just been bewildered (for a couple pf decades) with the arrogance that radiates off of white south africans esp when they are outside their country. I suspect they must be a lot more well well behaved in SA or else risk a beatdown by the majority.... I obviously cant ask them about it because they are definitely not cool people...but if everyone thinks I am overreacting, Im happy to stay in observation mode and treat this as inconclusive.

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Even Nigeria's president is critical of Nigerians abroad, admitting that there is a disproportionate number in jail for drug offences and understands why they are less than welcome as visitors or "refugees". It appears that crime is pretty much rampant in Nigeria, not just abroad.

Even the president, the same president who back in the 80's used to have people whipped if they so much as stepped out of line at a bus queue, the interview he gave where he claimed that Nigerians shouldn't try to seek asylum because they wouldn't be accepted due to other Nigerians having been caught for crimes couldn't have anything to do with him not wanting his subjects to escape him, could it?

25 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Even the president, the same president who back in the 80's used to have people whipped if they so much as stepped out of line at a bus queue, the interview he gave where he claimed that Nigerians shouldn't try to seek asylum because they wouldn't be accepted due to other Nigerians having been caught for crimes couldn't have anything to do with him not wanting his subjects to escape him, could it?

26 minutes ago, giddyup said:

3 hours ago, duanebigsby said:
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:31 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

We had a white south African guy in our company for a couple of years. I liked him, many people liked him, he was a sociable guy.

About them all being racist: I don't know. But I know it's easier to pretend we are all equal if we don't see too many of the others (black Africans or whatever the "others" are).

I.e. I see a lot of black Africans at night in lower Sukhumvit. Many of them seem to be drug dealers. Some of them "talk" to me from time to time like "do you want something, man?" No, I don't want drugs. And if 10 of 10 guys who want to sell drugs to me are black Africans then it's difficult not to become a little racist.

Personally I don't know how typical it is or not is. And I am sure one day I will meet some nice black African guys. I try to keep an open mind. But l don't close my eyes and obviously I get impressions about lots of people from lots of nationalities. Some good, some bad. That's reality. And that is my point about White South Africans. If they met thousands and more black guys in their country then they will make up their mind about them. We, who were not in the same situation, don't have their experience. If they are racist, maybe they have good reasons to be racist - I don't know.

6 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Do a Google search about crime in Nigeria and then tell me if you'd want to live there.

Archived