U.S. marriage license Fake!

23 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Agree.

It's just trying to point out that companies sometimes, and I've seen it done, have stamped cancelled on an extension, honestly. I've had a couple of companies try to insist that I go to Imm' with them to cancel my visa. I have always smiled said no and just kept the passport in my pocket.

Someone who is very new to the whole visa/extension situation maybe will go along with it and get into all sorts of problems.

It amazes me that foreigner have to do so much research about Thai law (if you don't want any problems) because the Thais themselves appear oblivious to laws affecting foreigners...……...self preservation.

And quite correctly as you point out a 'Visa' cannot be cancelled, certainly not by an employer or Immigration.

Edited by Tanoshi

11 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Just do the paper work and get married in Thailand probably faster than having your US marriage certificate legalized

Why not tell him straight to break the law and commit perjury.

No skin of your nose!

As a US citizen he has already been advised how to do it legally, for the same cost as doing it illegally.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2018 at 1:14 PM, Peasandmash said:

why don't u just get married again in thailand?

Because the Amphur cannot issue a marriage certificate to a couple who are already married.

My mate's long term plan for getting his Thai wife to the US momentarily fell of the tracks for this reason. After about 2 years of regular visits to Thailand and a history of shared vacations in third countries, they got married in Panama (mainly so his family wouldn't need to travel so far). About a year later when they decided to get on with her US visa application in Bangkok they planned on getting their Panamanian marriage registered in Thailand. But something got lost in the translation with his wife and they ended up at the Amphur who said, "Cannot!" They then did the Thai Embassy formalities back in the Panama and/or US + the MFA endorsements once they got back to Bangkok, submitted the application and she got her US spousal visa first time. She should be up for her Green Card soon if not already.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 11:18 AM, Tanoshi said:

That depends on the basis of how you apply for the extension.

You can apply for a normal marriage extension, providing the usual documents, without mentioning a work permit.

Having a marriage extension allows you to apply for a work permit.

Immigration and the Labour office have nothing to do with each other under these circumstances.

Changing jobs only requires a new work permit, your marriage extension is unaffected.

What you say is true. However there is always a however.

'If' as sometimes happens it's written on your extension 'to support WP xxxxxxxxxx' happens a lot in teaching, and the local Imm' office believe and tell you 'you must have a B to get a work permit ( yes we both know that's wrong ) it causes confusion and mis understandings in all parties.

I did try once try to tell someone that I been working on multi O and there was no need to get a B and an extension only to be told by him that his wife said I must have been working illegally because she had asked Imm' and they told her that he must have a B.

At that point I just said ok, that's good. ??

Edited by overherebc