SURVEY: Is Russia the enemy?

Scott

SURVEY: Is Russia the enemy?  

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Trudeau is scared of standing up to Trump? So he didn't impose retaliatory tariffs on American imports? 

But thanks for letting me know that Toronto is now a mini-India. Another good reason to visit. As is the Chinese presence in Vancouver. 

Ohhhh, Trudeau counter-imposed tariffs on Trump. Tit for tat which I agree with but lets see who that hurts the most. He'll still bend over & take it from trump

Enjoy visiting Toronto & Vancouver. Could just go to India or China as they are much closer & less expensive seeing how the Canadian $ is only worth $0.76.

On 8/2/2018 at 2:09 PM, Morch said:

Ah, so you decide some bellicose statements imply impeding war.

Not only them actually. I saw that certain direct steps were made towards the war.
We all know that safety of, for instance, air trips rely on millions of communication events between aircrafts and airports. Lets imagine that someone cancel all these communications for an hour. What will happen next? We will see many accidents with many victims for sure.
Now US and Russian military forces work intensively in Syria and many other hot locations in the world. So we all know what will happen if we cancel any direct communications between Russia and the US. We will see a Russian military plain killed by US or an US one killed by Russians. The next step will be hundreds of nukes in the air.
That is why so many media resources try to prevent Trump from communicating with Russia. Because it is the simplest way to trigger the war they want so desperately. They know that US is the strongest country in the word and USA will win any war.

4 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

Not only them actually. I saw that certain direct steps were made towards the war.
We all know that safety of, for instance, air trips rely on millions of communication events between aircrafts and airports. Lets imagine that someone cancel all these communications for an hour. What will happen next? We will see many accidents with many victims for sure.
Now US and Russian military forces work intensively in Syria and many other hot locations in the world. So we all know what will happen if we cancel any direct communications between Russia and the US. We will see a Russian military plain killed by US or an US one killed by Russians. The next step will be hundreds of nukes in the air.
That is why so many media resources try to prevent Trump from communicating with Russia. Because it is the simplest way to trigger the war they want so desperately. They know that US is the strongest country in the word and USA will win any war.

Are you for real?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Are you for real?

You should think about ... when any shit happen between  - this can be solved by only 2 ways

1. Diplomatic way
2. Military confrontation way

If you do not have 1 - the 2 is your only choice.
The Trump-Russia stories make it impossible to use the first way to solve any issue.

Is Russia the enemy? I would guess Russia has enough problems keeping its own house in order, and their actions are defensive in nature. Same for most countries. The only expansionist entities I see on the map are Europe and China. The US? Well, they consume such a vast amount of the world's resources they have to be militaristic just to tread water, but I would say they're defensive in nature. Europe (as in EU, led by Germany and France) are in conflict with Russia due to the EU's expansionist policies, and China is in conflict with the US, because of China's expansionist policies. I see a lot of parallels between Russia and the US, two old world powers adjusting to the new world order.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This Is Why Putin Is Targeting Three DHS Agents

" That Putin for a moment thought this shambolic quid pro quo proposal would be entertained by the American establishment tells you quite a lot about the contempt in which he holds that establishment under its current leadership. Putin clearly feels as if he doesn’t have to try very hard anymore to abase and undermine our country, perhaps because he is himself impressed at how easy that is to do. The Russians used to refer to the U.S. as “the main adversary.” Now, apparently, we’re their main mug."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/this-is-why-putin-is-targeting-three-dhs-agents

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, james1995 said:

As an American, I support Putin, Maduro & Assad 200%.  They're not the enemy, John Kasich, John McCain and Hillary are.  The anti-Russian crap isn't going to work on guys like me.  I'm just too smart for it.

Sarcasm much.

13 minutes ago, james1995 said:

As an American, I support Putin, Maduro & Assad 200%.  They're not the enemy, John Kasich, John McCain and Hillary are.  The anti-Russian crap isn't going to work on guys like me.  I'm just too smart for it.

Either sarcasm or another instance of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

Either sarcasm or another instance of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Nice to see "bristolboy" looks in the mirror  now and then. 

Alas, not often enough, since he has described (in the D-K effect)  the overall tone of all his "contributions", no matter what the thread.

6 hours ago, blazes said:

Nice to see "bristolboy" looks in the mirror  now and then. 

Alas, not often enough, since he has described (in the D-K effect)  the overall tone of all his "contributions", no matter what the thread.

When I was a child, I had a very high opinion of the following rebuttal:

"I'm rubber, you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks back on you."

I seen no substantive difference between that chant of childhood and your post. Of course, I had the excuse of being a child.

20 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

When I was a child, I had a very high opinion of the following rebuttal:

"I'm rubber, you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks back on you."

I seen no substantive difference between that chant of childhood and your post. Of course, I had the excuse of being a child.

Strange, I am not aware of any glue smell, but the stink of fetid hot air seems to be suspended above the quoted words...kind of Putinesque...

Hi guys!

"Russian insidious agression" talks are so interesting and exciting. But sometimes you just need to take a break for a little while. Consider going to Moscow on your next Visa Run. On the Russian side "American agression" talks are not popular so far - so you can just relax and spend you time in a welcoming atmosphere in sport bars or you can visit a huge number of tourist attractions. You may be even asked a question like: "What we have done this time?" ?? Some people have heard of the recent "Russian agression stories".
Those who have visited FIFA World Cup 2018 even do not need any visa at all (The bloody baby-eating dictator Vlad just have provided you such an opportunity.)