SURVEY: Is Russia the enemy?

Scott

SURVEY: Is Russia the enemy?  

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There has been the on-going investigations into election interference in the US and another case of poisoning in the UK which is being blamed on Russia.   In your opinion, which of the following best describes your opinion on Russia?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

Still trying to get my head around the fact that Russia is actively engage in war activities in Syria among it massive bombing campaign that kills hundreds and displaced millions of people,  using russian civilians as private contractors army of whom thousands have died and caused an uproar in Russia, and all that at the "invitation of the Syrian government" guise, and all the above is to protect their interests in the middle east....

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Trump reportedly treats Putin like a 'confidant' and the 2 men commiserate about how the 'fake news' and 'deep state' are against them

President Donald Trump treats Russian President Vladimir Putin as a confidant while bullying and ignoring other world leaders.

Putin, meanwhile, is playing to Trump's strengths and weaknesses — the two men often commiserate over how the "fake news" and "deep state" are against them.

"It's not us," Putin reportedly told Trump during one recent conversation. "It's the subordinates fighting against our friendship."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ahead-of-nato-and-putin-summits-trumps-unorthodox-diplomacy-rattles-allies/2018/07/06/16c7aa4e-7006-11e8-bd50-b80389a4e569_story.html?utm_term=.a600a998ad46

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's a complex question.

Definitely the Putin regime is a vile enemy of democracy in Russia and globally and actively so, but so is the current U.S. president to a somewhat lesser degree. 

Also normally I would suggest being fair to separate a people from a regime leader, and even though Putin is definitely a dictator, there is strong evidence he also enjoys massive majority support of his people. So in this case, less so, for now the agenda of Putin and Russia are largely the SAME THING. 

I’m not sure why you talk of threats to democracy from Outin and from Trump as if they are two separate threats,

7 hours ago, nontabury said:

There has definitely been a great deal of anti Russian sentiment in the U.K.media.

Justified or not, I do not know. However what I do know is, this negative publicity has resulted in fewer English supporters traveling to Russia for the World Cup. And from what we now know from those supporters who have actually travelled there, these scare stories where completely unwarranted.

As a Brit, I consider we only have two enemies, the hated E.U. and their treacherous supporters in the U.K.

You judge Russia on the experience of football supporters and then identify the EU as hated, completely missing Russia’s open hostility and efforts to bring about the collapse of the EU.

Treacherous you say.

I say shrill.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, nontabury said:

There has definitely been a great deal of anti Russian sentiment in the U.K.media.

Justified or not, I do not know. However what I do know is, this negative publicity has resulted in fewer English supporters traveling to Russia for the World Cup. And from what we now know from those supporters who have actually travelled there, these scare stories where completely unwarranted.

As a Brit, I consider we only have two enemies, the hated E.U. and their treacherous supporters in the U.K.

Are you seriously saying that you consider half the population of the UK to be your enemy? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

you only have to see the current world cup with its excellent facilities, atmosphere and security to know that Russia rocks.

bet all the media lapdogs are bummed that they cant find a single flaw to poke fun of.

so its back to all the collusion crap.

No, YOU only had to see the worldcup to be convinced that Russia rocks, that was enough for YOU to ignore the fate of Crimea, to ignore the fate of the Syrians, to ignore the fact the Putin has is linked to over 300 murders, to ignore that Putin has sent over 100 people to Siberian labour camps for the crime of having opposing political views, because all YOU care about is football so that is enough for YOU to think that Russia rocks, oh to be a simpleton.

6 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

The enemy is not Russia. 

Enemies are any unscrupulous, selfish, corrupt leaders of countries who feel they are entitled to whatever they want and use any means to get it.

Of course, but when a country is led by one of these leaders who is clearly the enemy, we say that that country is the enemy, always have done.