Rescuers begin evacuation of 'Tham Luang 13'

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Lampang2 said:

OK.

I thought they would run all night long but possibly the water level keeps getting lower, enabling them to take a rest and yet be in a better position tomorrow.

We may assume that the divers need a recovery-break as well...

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Do they give any information regarding the location of the rest?   Are they resting in transit somewhere?  or are they still back at the initial starting point?   

Just curious if they've got all thru the first diving section which I understand is the most challenging.

2 minutes ago, Lampang2 said:

OK.

I thought they would run all night long but possibly the water level keeps getting lower, enabling them to take a rest and yet be in a better position tomorrow.

That, or it may start raining like hell during the night and flood the cave again!

And what kind of rest will the divers get if they need to do an 11 hours trip just to take a break?

That, or it may start raining like hell during the night and flood the cave again!
And what kind of rest will the divers get if they need to do an 11 hours trip just to take a break?

Very hard to know.
But personally I don't think the cave will flood considering we started all this with zero pumps.

But that's just me and my gut feeling.
No numbers to back it up with.

7 minutes ago, Lampang2 said:

Sure.
I did not know if they had another shift of them and could go on.

But apparently a break for the night then.

The situation can change rapidly if the weather change so it its good Elon Musk still working in the background in case his Equipment will be needed for the very last...

image.png.5fabcac13efddcd5348c6424c01d7d91.png

4 minutes ago, Lampang2 said:

Press conference now.

Number 5 or 6 may spend the night in chamber 3.

The problem appears to be a lack of oxygen tanks to bring the others out...10 hours will be needed to place new tanks at all the strategic places...an unwelcome delay...

2 minutes ago, ravip said:

Eh what?

Good drugs, and an alternate timeline I would suspect.. BUT back on-point,  I think they have moved the weaker ones out, and know that chamber 3 is relatively safe spot for a re-group to get the last lads out safely once they get a quick respite. Only my opinion, but how I am reading it. 

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There is no "depth" to consider. It's just through flooded tunnels. No way I'd go through without being heavily sedated.

You do realize that people respond in different manners with "heavy sedation" and what you don't realize is that some can have hallucinations and not necessarily nice ones. leave the rest to your imagination on how that would play out . good luck with that

4 minutes ago, BangkokSausage said:

You do realize that people respond in different manners with "heavy sedation" and what you don't realize is that some can have hallucinations and not necessarily nice ones. leave the rest to your imagination on how that would play out . good luck with that

Yes, everyone responds differently to drugs, but they have an expert on hand. I only said I would need to be heavily sedated. I have no idea if the ones already taken out were, and I was not advocating mandatory sedation. Sedation does not render people unconscious. I've had an operation under sedation and was awake and aware of everything, but calm and unstressed. Even just a valium might be enough.

Last thing they need is a panic stricken victim thrashing around in a bad place in a tunnel. 

24 minutes ago, stevecm said:

Good drugs, and an alternate timeline I would suspect.. BUT back on-point,  I think they have moved the weaker ones out, and know that chamber 3 is relatively safe spot for a re-group to get the last lads out safely once they get a quick respite. Only my opinion, but how I am reading it. 

Actually my question was for the post by @duanebigsby (copied below)

image.png.add97a5e0d978556ebaccb1055a485fc.png

9 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

I, like many on here have lived in this country a long time. After experiencing the way things work here I understand the negative sentiment behind what you are saying. However, its just negative waffle that doesnt help anything. I dont normally believe in such things but I see NO USE in sending out any negative vibes at this point in time. I have a 10 year old son, he is happily playng online games right now with his schoolmate. I physically wince even THINKING about him trapped down there. Now is NOT  the time for petty jibes. 

It's been over exaggerated I don't believe the distance or water capacity. Apart from the obvious Thai story telling the whole operation was a disaster. Thai army are slow and a confusion pot. They are lucky the foreigners stepped in. They are the heroes  here. That's the truth.

57 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Number 5 or 6 may spend the night in chamber 3.

The problem appears to be a lack of oxygen tanks to bring the others out...10 hours will be needed to place new tanks at all the strategic places...an unwelcome delay...

Nobody had calculated how may tanks they need?

Can't believe that after 2 weeks there isn't an oversupply of tanks and oxygen

2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

It's been over exaggerated I don't believe the distance or water capacity. Apart from the obvious Thai story telling the whole operation was a disaster. Thai army are slow and a confusion pot. They are lucky the foreigners stepped in. They are the heroes  here. That's the truth.

ok we get it. You hate Thailand and Thai people.

Was good to see on the news that the Thai authorities realised very quickly they needed outside help and lost no time in contacting the relevant overseas personnel, paying airfares etc. The person being interviewed gave the impression that they acted unusually quickly asking for help and that is not always the case by any means with a lot of governments when disaster strikes.

18 minutes ago, Media1 said:

WOW! They should have made you #1 to coordinate this operation. You sound very knowledgeable and intelligent than any Thai... perhaps, there is a chance for you to be the PM of Thailand to make it a great place for foreigners?

5 hours ago, peterb17 said:

There always has to be one - at least perhaps you could spell faeces correctly .

You think in a Western way - oh my - I’ve dropped and lost 50 satang - I’m going to have PDST - it’s all ambulance chasers and lawyers . 

The Thai people are tough , wiry , much more resilient- have you been to funerals.?  at the time - it’s not good, Mum or Grandpa has died- few days later life and everything moves on. The West - No .

I don’t think you understand the culture we live in ( maybe you don’t live here ) 

My friends here are going to the temple . 

Good luck 

P

Spot on observation.

Archived