Rescuers begin evacuation of 'Tham Luang 13'

7 minutes ago, jerry921 said:

Any update on how far along the first of the boys are at this time?

The latest: they are evacuated in batches, one batch of four children, then three batches of three...children are able to talk with the divers while underwater...there is some agitation at the mouth of the cave...

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1015916805464834048

6:04pm Thai Rath reporting that the first two boys are out of the cave and will be evacuated by helicopter.

I'm now watching WETV news and nothing about any boys being out. Why would they ignore the biggest news ever? It's the number one story at the moment.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They are showing a good montage on Thai PBS 3 of the rescue effort. It's far larger than I had thought, with hundreds of military and others involved, large machinery and huge amounts of water being pumped out.

For those that seem to believe militaries are not necessary, no other organisation could have put together such a large operation, and they deserve a huge vote of thanks.

Fortunately most od the politicians have kept

away as well. They will be back however soon enough to claim their 15 minutes of fame and glory.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm now watching WETV news and nothing about any boys being out. Why would they ignore the biggest news ever? It's the number one story at the moment.

It's too early for children to be already out...9 pm seems more likely...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

The latest: they are evacuated in batches, one batch of four children, then three batches of three...children are able to talk with the divers while underwater...there is some agitation at the mouth of the cave...

Sounds like rumour machine at work.

Channel news Asia says first evacuations expected later tonight, and nothing on Fox, which has had lots of coverage.

Nothing on any Thai news channel I have found.

Estimate was 9pm, and still 2 1/2 hours to go

The Guardian 3 minutes ago, says nothing about a rescue yet.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Still no official confirmation.

Source seems to be local Thai media, but I am nit sure if it is people just repeating what another said.

However Richard Barrow usually reliable.

Oh, I hope so!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I am also struggling to figure this out. Nothing on TV coverage, but twitter reports form usually reliable sources..

twitter is not controlled by Thai government.

tv stations are and no government announcement yet.

2 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

But just 10 minutes ago you said

and your point is? I meant it wasn't a good idea for the media to report on progress in the cave. Any boys actually leaving the cave would be huge news that will make everyone happy. Two completely different things.

It's not anything to do with me either, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't use my own posts to try and score points or something.

• Confused 1

Time to go home boys, You have all suffered enough, the whole world is with you, too many thoughts for anything to go wrong. Love and respect to all that have been there to help and all that sent their good wishes

• Like 2

Just now, NCC1701A said:

twitter is not controlled by Thai government.

tv stations are and no government announcement yet.

Doubt if they will release it to the press until they are all out and safe and Chang Rai governor has his arms around the boys for photo opportunities.

• Haha 1

49 seconds ago

BREAKING | @BangkokPostNewsreports first two boys are are on their way to the entrance of the cave, about nine hours after rescuers entered the cave

Seems confirmed!

Oddly still nothing on TV, even in 32 (Thai Rath) which was reportedly the source of the info

Channel News Asia just reported that the divers may have just reached the boys. Hardly the exit being bandied about.

This is world news at the moment and probably every news agency has reporters there. No way they wouldn't be reporting a safe exit. It's going to be huge when it happens.