Rescuers begin evacuation of 'Tham Luang 13'

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jerry921 said:

I'm worried about there being 3 boys out when they had said there would be 4 in the first group....

What difference does it make 3/4 there are 13 to get out and even 1 at a time and All out safely is the ultimate ending Safely I hope and Pray !

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Channel 34 just now said 6 out

The first 2 are already in CR Hospital

It's on all the channels now but the  international ones are behind the local

Isn't this glorious news! Far, far better and swifter than I think many of us expected. Brilliant rescue team - and amazing boys.

Great, great happiness - and great and strong hope for the other very brave boys and their rescuers.

13 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

6 out already......exceeds my wildest hopes!!!!!

I start to think that the 9pm the first boy will reach the exit, actually gonna be that at 9pm the whole operation is over.

Maybe something was lost in translation earlier today

Latest report just a couple minutes ago is 7 boys are now out. So seems my earlier post to bring them all out at the same time, one following the other, wasn't such a bad idea after all. 

4 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I start to think that the 9pm the first boy will reach the exit, actually gonna be that at 9pm the whole operation is over.

BBC live feed quotes a tweet from Florian Wituski:

"Rescue teams at the entrance of the cave saying the lowered water has decreased the journey out of the cave as many chambers are walk-able right now."

3 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

It sounds like water levels were at their lowest today which together with forecast of heavy rains prompted them to move fast. Possibly they were able to walk more of the cave than initially expected, that would have sped things up.

Just now, TSF said:

So seems my earlier post to bring them all out at the same time, one following the other, wasn't such a bad idea after all. 

Maybe they read your post :-) , but actually I think that was the idea from the start, as I recall reading this morning " 13 divers have entered the cave another 26 divers will follow soon ".

Great news! 

I am worried about the condition to the 3rd boy out , something must have happened, since he needed medical attention .   

Just now, Sheryl said:

It sounds like water levels were at their lowest today which together with forecast of heavy rains prompted them to move fast. Possibly they were able to walk more of the cave than initially expected, that would have sped things up.

There is a post in another thread a few hours ago that only 1 dive of 20 minutes was expected, and the rest of the traject was walkable.

That post was way before the first boy was reported to have reached the exit.

Possibly levels are continously getting lower.

Probably volume / level ratio is getting exponentially better the lower you get.

4 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

There is a post in another thread a few hours ago that only 1 dive of 20 minutes was expected, and the rest of the traject was walkable.

That post was way before the first boy was reported to have reached the exit.

That was from one of the infographics - but it didn't say only one 20 minute dive, it said the longest dive was 20 minutes, there were several separate dives.

UPDATE at 8:25pm. Helicopter taking the third boy to the hospital in Chiang Rai. RT @TNAMCOT: เฮลิคอปเตอร์ ยกตัวลำเลียงหมูป่า คนที่ 3 ไปส่งโรงพยาบาลแล้ว #ThamLuang #พาทีมหมูป่ากลับบ้าน #ถ้ำหลวง #Thailand #ThaiCaveRescue

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1015951067782176768

Archived