Why did so many Chinese passengers die in the boat sinking?

snoop1130

Add question: Why was one of the first reported stories of boat related casualties deleted from the Nation's website?

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1046606-40-confirmed-killed-in-phuket-boat-accident-16-still-missing/

I'm normally agnostic to the majority of incidences that are reported. But that was a bit cheeky IMO. A real cheapshot to those who actually trapped in that situation.

Screenshot_20180707-094429.jpeg.f5f2bd56fbf0f81b31a8e70e1141f8dd.jpeg&key=11ce7c66069255513ac2bdd530f607ee3255cccc8dbfb6e3811dcd39da1113acScreenshot_20180707-094928.jpeg.36a511c521daf29e78b83508b4cea014.jpeg&key=e9235f7da25b0ff97e105232d062aeb79a4cd984618928efbd35a81c4f2bcab0

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

Terrible tragedy and my heart goes out to the families of the victims.. My assumption (Monday morning quarterbacking) is that passengers put their vests on inside the boat and then couldn't get out once filled with water. This why flight crew will advise during the safety demo, do not inflate your vest until outside of the aircraft. 

• Like 2

If it were a case of , "5 metre waves , nothing can survive that ! " , then all the boats should have went down!

(Just as the Thai excuse / logic of , " The car crash happened because of a wet road ", means cities like Vancouver should therefore not have car left on the streets.. ).

Check any pics or video of this tragedy and note the lack of anything resembling even 3 metre waves.

This sad story is about  mismanagement and incompetence.

And not having the fortitude to continue  the search is about criminal negligence.

I just read today that most of the missing are actually kids.

Can you imagine being a surviving parent  on Thursday evening and witnessing  the search being abandoned a few hours after the event  ....and thinking of your baby floating out there in the dark ??

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Different said:

Out of the 12 crew non of them sank to his death, I wonder.

Nothing to wonder about. They would all be on deck quickly ahead of the cabin stampede for the door. No doubt they were first into the inflatable life boats.

19 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Nothing to wonder about. They would all be on deck quickly ahead of the cabin stampede for the door. No doubt they were first into the inflatable life boats.

Do you have an idea what kind of a boat they used.

5 minutes ago, Different said:

Do you have an idea what kind of a boat they used.

Automatic self inflating rafts are required and present where required. They had 4 or 5.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Automatic self inflating rafts are required and present where required. They had 4 or 5.

But only one bilge pump, from what I've read. The same article stated there should have been 4. Then again the vessel was a bad design to start with it would seem, especially in squalls or foul weather. The word unstable was mentioned. But yes, they did have large inflatable life rafts which deployed. Too bad so many didn't have time to get aboard one. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

5 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

But only one bilge pump, from what I've read. The same article stated there should have been 4. Then again the vessel was a bad design to start with it would seem, especially in squalls or foul weather. The word unstable was mentioned. But yes, they did have large inflatable life rafts which deployed. Too bad so many didn't have time to get aboard one. 

So, is God's fate like the Titanic or whom?

2 hours ago, Different said:

So, is God's fate like the Titanic or whom?

Just like the Titanic... Poor design and poor seamanship. Nothing to do with God, if there is one. Just frail, greedy and stupid humans, IMHO.