Fines for standing at the back of Baht Buses?

Henryford

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think it's OK to fine riders but they really need to post big signs on the trucks announcing the rule and fines in multiple languages. Otherwise, it's just entrapment. 

Ok fine the passengers but also bigger fines for the drivers and also fine them if the bus is overloaded.

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

The fact is it is (or should be) the drivers responsibility for the safety of passengers on his bus.

Driver + responsibility + safety = Oxymoron. Wake up, where do you think you are ?

4 hours ago, digbeth said:

even if they try to enforce it, have you seen any initiative to enforce something that last longer than a couple of weeks? 

I kinda think the 90 day report initiative is hanging in there longer than a few weeks.

This is just nonsense and not been reported officially in the news. The police can not enforce this , 1000s of vehicles every day filled up with locals and tourists.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, balo said:

This is just nonsense and not been reported officially in the news. The police can not enforce this , 1000s of vehicles every day filled up with locals and tourists.

Yes, but imagine what a CASH COW it could be if they did enforce it?

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, but imagine what a CASH COW it could be if they did enforce it?

It would be very bad for tourism , innocent Russians or Chinese do not know the rules , do not speak English and suddenly asked to pay 3000 ?  

If you rent a bike and do not wear a helmet , most people understand the risks of a fine . But not this , its daily transportation and we are talking about how many people each day ? maybe 50 000 people , 

• 1 month later...

I think 2 people riding on the back within the purpose designed bars should be allowed, but not more. Only on the buses with the full-width step - not all have such.

Any updates on this, anybody been fined or seen someone fined? (No "my mate in the bar told me")

5 hours ago, Lancashirelad said:

Any updates on this, anybody been fined or seen someone fined? (No "my mate in the bar told me")

No update regarding people getting fined, but can definitely confirm that three (or four) on the back step remains common practice as of a couple of days ago. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

No update regarding people getting fined, but can definitely confirm that three (or four) on the back step remains common practice as of a couple of days ago. 

I'm out and about all day and I can also confirm that the back step is always used, never seen anyone get told not to stand there nor have I seen any police harassing the drivers about it.

• Like 1