Job done: British and Belgian dive heroes to return to Europe today and tomorrow

snoop1130

Job done: British and Belgian dive heroes to return to Europe today and tomorrow

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GTMoq6jcXKKEKNQJQ0.jpg

Thailand's minister for tourism and sports said that eight British and Belgian nationals who had been key figures in the rescue of the Mu Pa boys from Tham Luang cave would be going home today and tomorrow.

Weerasak Kowsurat promised a fitting send off and all the help and assistance of the government if and when they decide to visit the kingdom again. 

Weerasak told Thai Rath of the gratefulness of a nation on behalf of the people and the boys, their coach and their families. 

He spoke of the great effort of the foreign teams who had given up regular jobs to come and help in Thailand. Now it was time for them to be reunited with their own families.

He promised certificates and souvenirs as a small gesture of Thai thanks for their great efforts.

John Volanthen, an internet engineer and one of the British team who first discovered the missing boys and Jason Malison will be going back to the UK today.

The others Brits and Belgians will follow on Thursday. 

Source: https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1332206

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-7-11
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Yeah, I'm going to Pattaya at the weekend wearing this T-shirt.

It's a chick magnet.

padi.jpg

You mean you will Put Another Dollar In... the girls' pockets ?

Interesting to see a couple of joke posts on here . However In all seriousness this will have created a whole new species in Pattaya bars to go along with SAS and RM and all sorts of special forces . Expert Cave diver is now the badge of honour in these establishments .

Sad  but true !  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

A job well done, I'm kind of surprised they don't hang around for a few days of relaxation before returning.

I don't understand why the Thai authorities don't give them some form of recognition?

Why not receive them in Bangkok,  give them a lot of perks, show some gratitude!

Edited by hansnl

1 minute ago, hansnl said:

I do think understand why the Thai authorities don't give them some form of recognition?

Why not receive them in Bangkok by the government, give them a lot of perks?

I think these guys are not interested in that... They do it because they do it...

Now back to their own families and lives.. No glory seeking from these heroes !!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

wow if I was one of the biggest heroes in Thailand I would stick around for a few days to see, you know, what would happen. 

wow if I was one of the biggest heroes in Thailand, I would be asking for permanent residence. :cheesy:

Edited by possum1931
  • Haha 1

I would suggest that it's exactly why these people did not ask "what's in it for me", before and after volunteering, that they are the ones who were in the position to become heroes, while those that calculate what they would have tried to get out of it are the ones sitting at their keyboards complaining about their lot. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

I don't understand why the Thai authorities don't give them some form of recognition?

Why not receive them in Bangkok,  give them a lot of perks, show some gratitude!

Don't want to give too much credit to those pesky foreigners, might show up the fact that the Thais couldn't have done it without them.

By Veen_th on twitter: 

"Foreign volunteers in #ThaiCaveResue will be given Tourism Authority of Thailand’s Thailand Elite Cards which will give them a 5-year visa to Thailand. #thamluang "

That's a good thing to do. Especially for those foreign nationals who live in Thailand.

20 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

wow if I was one of the biggest heroes in Thailand I would stick around for a few days to see, you know, what would happen. 

These guys have full time jobs back in their relative Countries.

It is with the good will of their Employers that the guys have time to perform their rescue missions, and we must not forget to thank these generous people, without whos help non of the rescue would have been possible.

So a heart felt thank you goes to each and every one of them, as well as to their staff members, which they must be incredibly proud of.