Luang Cave to be turned into 'Living Museum'

snoop1130

I just knew it would not take long to decide on this, all they are thinking about is money, typical Thai authorities, and what share of it they will get, and no thought at all for the brave Thai SEAL man who lost his life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Many criticize  Musk, but for showing up and pitching in as he did, he does deserve thanks and lots of credit.   I never cared much for Musk until now.  If being critical or less than cordial to Musk is his only mistake, he is still worthy of praise. 

"Even though their equipment is technologically sophisticated, it's unfit for our mission," said Phayao governor Narongsak Osotthanakorn

He is ignorant. I respect your views but I don't share this one. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BobBKK said:

The same Mr Narongsak  who critisized Elon Musk, one of this worlds genius's?  I think your praise is mis-placed save it for the divers Dick Stanton etc. without the foreign teams the boys would be toast.

Yep, the same K. Narongsak who said no to Elon Musk. As he rightly should have done.

Who in their right minds would use a prototype with less than 12 hours running for a rescue when other options were available? Mr. Musk needs to realize that the world does not revolve around him and stop being a little b1tch when things don't go his way.

IMO of course......................:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Sounds like a few people are very jealous of Musk and his ability to make things happen...it's incredible his turnaround time on a problem with a plausible solution...

and now he has tackled the Flint contaminated water problem where gov industry and other community organizations have failed miserably....

19 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Sounds like a few people are very jealous of Musk and his ability to make things happen...it's incredible his turnaround time on a problem with a plausible solution...

and now he has tackled the Flint contaminated water problem where gov industry and other community organizations have failed miserably....

I would rephrase that as......."it's incredible his turnaround time on a PR opportunity"...

• Like 1

I know little about Musk and therefore have no opinion on him personally, what I do know is his proto-type sub would have been  completely useless in the cave recovery. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Yep, the same K. Narongsak who said no to Elon Musk. As he rightly should have done.

Who in their right minds would use a prototype with less than 12 hours running for a rescue when other options were available? Mr. Musk needs to realize that the world does not revolve around him and stop being a little b1tch when things don't go his way.

IMO of course......................:thumbsup:

He was trying to help and is a genius. Watch his rocket landing vid. Anyway it didn't matter and was too late but I'm amused at your defense of the inept governor   ?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

He was trying to help and is a genius. Watch his rocket landing vid. Anyway it didn't matter and was too late but I'm amused at your defense of the inept governor   ?

Don't get me wrong, there is little doubting that the man is a genius. And I also believe that his comments were taken out of context by the media, at least more than he actually meant.

Buuuut, I still think that the correct decision was made to not use his submarine in this instance.

As for K. Narongsak, I fully understand that he was not the decision maker (maybe had veto on decisions?), but as the focal point of the exercise I still think he was the right person for the job. As you say, in the end it didn't matter (thankfully) and I'm glad I amused you.........:smile:

I think the better option would be to erect a big set of gates ,and

don't let any tourists near the place,or the next headline will be,

"21 Chinese tourists lost in cave",     

but this been Thailand and the opportunity to take money from

tourists is just too great.

regards worgeordie

• Like 2