Boy, 14, loses arm as crane tire explodes in Phijit

rooster59

Boy, 14, loses arm as crane tire explodes in Phijit

d3erevf.jpg

Image: Sanook

The Phut Thai Suwan rescue foundation told Sanook that they were called to a tire repair shop at a gas station near the Saphan Hin intersection in Phijit yesterday after a boy lost an arm. 

A wheel of a crane had been brought in for repair but the tire exploded sending metal fragments flying.

One severed the right arm of the 14 year old just above the elbow. He was the younger brother of a worker who was just walking about the area. 

Locals had put the arm in a bag with ice before the medics arrived and took him to a local hospital. He was then transferred to a hospital in Phijit city.

Sanook said it was not known yet if the arm could be reattached.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-14

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He was the younger brother of a worker who was just walking about the area. 

Which he shouldn't have been. Shouldn't have been anywhere near the work space. Tyres do explode, and when they do, they can cause an amazing amount of damage. 

• Like 2

In Mae Kachan I was number two at the air pump and the pickup driver in front inflated the ordinary road tires to 65 psi . 

On being advised it was dangerous he replied he had to collect a heavy load. He drove away on a wet road. More recently I saw a similar pickup put an unbelievable 90 psi in the tires. It would be a good idea if part of the driving test was devoted to basic maintenance.

• Thanks 1

agree on the tyre issue , my bike is 28f/33r i have never ever seen a motorbike shop with a pressure gauge, ( i  have my own) last time out, i asked about a gauge, i got a toothless grin in reply, and just pointed to his finger, which they press into the sidewall, on checking, i had 47 front and 49 rear, as said many accident can be attributed to tyre pressures i think, especially on wet roads, get well soon young lad