British cave diving hero finds love with Thai nurse

Jonathan Fairfield

17 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Good luck to them. 

I just hope that they can meet the immigration requirements of whichever country they choose to live in.

Well the post says he is getting a Thai Elite card. That's all he needs and she is a nurse so could no doubt live anywhere she wants.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Several Thai bashing posts removed, what's wrong with you, seriously what's wrong with you. 

Yes, sadly some western males who spend their time with bargirls and assume that`s the normal Thai-farang interaction. For those of us who have found happiness with a nurse, we are not nearly so cynical.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Most are lovely girls from up that way, and a nurse too. Good luck mate.

Met a real lovely Chiang Mai girl working at Mandarin in NEP.

Used to dress up as a nurse too.

Edit: I see this has posted in between some of the easily offended and may accuse me of Thai bashing so let me set the record straight here.

I have the utmost respect for the nursing profession.

...especially the ones in Blackall, Queensland that allowed me to 'sleepover' on a Saturday night and would drive me to work in the morning.

Edited by NanLaew

14 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Bloody hell! The Daily Mail is jumping the gun a bit with suggestions of marriage.

Let's be clear, Amp is just his current girlfriend.

All power to them, but with her working in Australia and him working in the UK it's going to be hard to keep the spark alive.

:sorry:

Unlike some posters here, I am happy for them and wish them the best of luck.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Good luck to them. 

I just hope that they can meet the immigration requirements of whichever country they choose to live in.

..he will be ok for the first 5yrs...best of luck to them both.

40 minutes ago, retayl said:

Mr tryasimight is clearly pi**ed off by Mr Stanton beating him to the diving gear and swimming through 15” gaps in order to find the boys. If he could have got out of the bar in time he would have been right there with them.

And laying the all important guidelines so others could safely follow don't forget!

1 hour ago, Tongjaw said:

I managed to decipher the first part of your waffle. In my experience over the years not all Thai women blow a fuse for frivolous reasons. So you are probably just venting your past hurts in the only way you can by lashing out. Quite a childish action really don’t you think? Well no, if you did think then you wouldn’t have posted would you. 

Anyway,  that was only part of your drivel that I managed to figure out. The rest however was just a jumble of words thrown together. Much like a child learning to talk really, they and their parents are only ones who understsnd what they are saying. 

I personally think Richard and Amp look a lovely couple. He doesn’t appear to be the bar stool type and she is an educated woman, so I’m sure they have intelligent conversations. Maybe you should try intelligent comments from one to time. Then again, maybe your just a grumpy lonely person who takes joy in trying to find the bad in every good situation. 

Now if you are going to jump onto your keyboard to reply to me, think first , then stop and put your keyboard away, ok.

It sounds like a sullen wank who’s got the Amp and blow the fuse faster than any Thai or anyone else I know for that matter, oh yes the truth must hurt to the paying customer or is it because you’re still licking the wounds from lil England disgraceful embaressement in the World Cup, try to decipher that Lol ? Unlike what you think, I get invited and paid for on a regular basis including receiving presents and.. Use your little imagination..

Edited by Ramdas
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, billd766 said:

This is Thai Visa.

There are ALWAYS posters who delight in bashing Thais.

Correct, the continual Thai - basher's should be sorted out and given long-term if not permanent holidays. 

Guess most of us are guilty of a bit of banter and argy-bargy, bagging the BIB, ineffective politicians, the lack of rule of law etc. but personnel uncalled for comments,  the generalisation of stupidity, thick, useless Thai's is way over the top and shouldn't be tolerated - ever. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

Oh, you really didn’t think again did you, tut tut. Why would you think I’m English. Anyway I’m happily married to a Thai lady for many years so don’t have to use my hand. 

That’s really good you get invited out, paid and given present. Nothing against gay  sex myself but it’s not something that turns me on to be honest but I’m sure your happy. 

Bye bye now and don’t reply without letting your carer or sugar daddy read it  first. 

In fact don’t reply. I really can’t be bothered with this now. Let’s just leave the post about the happy couple. 

That’s not even funny, you must lack of sense of humour as well as making sense althoghether ? it happens no worries when you lose track of your losses 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, hobobo said:

Unlike some posters here, I am happy for them and wish them the best of luck.

I'll try again.

Her name is "Amp"

"Current", "Power", "Spark" are all puns on her name. As was my remark that she could get a job as a "Charge" Nurse - which is a senior nursing position in the UK.

It was a little joke, but it fell on deaf ears.

3 hours ago, Tony Hanscomb said:

Well the post says he is getting a Thai Elite card. That's all he needs and she is a nurse so could no doubt live anywhere she wants.

Well, and if he'll change his mind...... There are a lot of others......

6 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I'll try again.

Her name is "Amp"

"Current", "Power", "Spark" are all puns on her name. As was my remark that she could get a job as a "Charge" Nurse - which is a senior nursing position in the UK.

Well many posters..... Many kinds of humor. Don't worry..... I understand you. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Let's expect a couple week long prime-time Lakhon based on this story, but we'll have to make that English guy a native Thai raised in England.  I doubt that the Thai 'Soap' industry could write a successful long term love story with the hero being your run-of-the-mill Brit who obtained a limited Thai Elite Visa and a free flight to Thailand.  So he'll have to be a Thai national raised in an exclusive British prep school who at a young, tender age took up cave diving based on his grandmother's dream of her grandson rescuing 13 boars in an flooded underground cave after receiving an amulet from an ancient monk at Wat Umong who mysteriously appears and disappears without a trace when she was thirteen years old.  Yeah, that should be good for at least 3 hours and night for two weeks and given grandmom's age, the story can even include some 'period piece' dress and maybe a camo of a wealthy Army general who rewards the dashing Thai-British cave diving hero with a Richard Mille watch for his bravery.  ❤️
And at the end of the story, the coach has a dream sequence where he is an ancient monk at Wat Umong who give a thirteen year old girl and lucky amulet with the words "Tham Luang" engraved on the back. 
The cave diver marries the nurse; the coach become a senior monk; and the Richard Mille watch is lost during a cave dive - and found by a reclusive cave-dwelling hermit of indeterminate age named: Som-Gollum.

Write a story book. I would like to read really 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I'll try again.

Her name is "Amp"

Or maybe ignored by those who understood the implied humour ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DavisH said:

Given she is working as a nurse in Australia, I would imagine she could get similar work in the UK, if she so desired. 

Shouldn't be a problem as long as she can jump through all the regulatory < deleted > hoops. They need nurses, but make it as hard as possible to get registered there.

40 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I'll try again.

Her name is "Amp"

Yes, she could alternate between countries with her current job as a charge nurse to one of power and bring some high voltage spark to the under-powered nursing circuit without too much resistance -

ohm narmo. 

21 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Elite CARD in this case was a great gift actually.

The "Ordinary Elite Card" should be considered as a minimum as it was without any doubts a "Ultimate Rescue Operation" so a "Ultimate Elite Card" could have been provided - but by all means, the cheaper easy access elite card is far better than nothing....:whistling:

http://www.thai-elite.com/uploads/2/6/8/0/26804010/5yr_500k_elite_easy_access_application_-_6_pages.pdf

Edited by ttrd

The way the heading reads is pure clickbait...makes you think he fell in love with a nurse while on this mission.

If he knew her beforehand whats the big deal....almost all guys are here to retire or for the women or both.

Anyway whens the wedding?