Very disappointing visit to Pattaya.

thaibeachlovers

11 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

My GF seemed to disagree and so did the other Thai passengers who were packed into the baht bus. It may be "illegal" but this has been the reality at the Pattaya Bus Station for many years. Thais were getting a better rate than I was until she decided to argue the point. The fact that the driver backed down rather than tell us to get off his bus, shows that he KNEW she was right. I had a Thai-American man sitting across from me that told me point blank that I was being ripped off. I was in the mood to just pay his price and shutting up, but my headstrong, 46 year old restaurant supervisor wouldn't hear of it.

Where are the correct prices listed?

yep had this sort of thing happen now and again in thailand and various other locations, places i used to enjoy but were a buzzkill on later visits down the road

thing that got me thinking is what are the chances that most or nearly all of them suck now? not too much i recon.

why dont the younger folks look down and are having so much fun oblivious and dont have an inkling what im yammering about over my beer?

must be me and getting older me thinks, yep thats the ticket. enjoy the ride now in ten years it aint gonna get much better i recon

38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. I feel a million % safer in Pattaya than I did in London. Pattaya is also more interesting socially than that filthy, boring <deleted>. Take away the history, and London's just a cold dirty place.

And so expensive!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. I feel a million % safer in Pattaya than I did in London. Pattaya is also more interesting socially than that filthy, boring <deleted>. Take away the history, and London's just a cold dirty place.

If where you lived in London was cold and dirty then perhaps Pattaya is your idea of heaven .... warm, dirty, and rat infested. Enjoy.

21 hours ago, Jip99 said:

I would be unlikely to venture out after midnight almost anywhere in the UK.

"ALMOST ANYWHERE", that is a pathetic reply. You must be very frail or timid.I am sure you apologist dont even think before you snatch the keyboard and start defending.

1 hour ago, brling said:

"ALMOST ANYWHERE", that is a pathetic reply. You must be very frail or timid.I am sure you apologist dont even think before you snatch the keyboard and start defending.

Sad that your comprehension skills are so pathetic.

Almost anywhere means exactly what I says, but to try a phrase that may help you (but I doubt that your ignorance will allow it to)...here is a statement of fact...I can think of few places in the UK where I would venture out after midnight.

”apologist” ,... for what, dick-head...?

6 hours ago, The manic said:

Thailand including Pattaya is much safer. 

Yes that is true, just don't under any circumstances make a local lose face though because then it will be game on and you will lose no matter whether you were right or wrong.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The manic said:

I am not frail but neither were the 82 men and women murdered  in London this year. The 100s of stabbings victims were not frail untill they had been stabbed. The victims of acid attacks whose skin was burnt from their faces are now frail, fearful and in mental and physical pain. It is not safe to be out after dark in the UK and not safe in the day  for man  women or child. Nobody is scared of the police or protected by them and citizens can not protect themselves. Thailand including Pattaya is much safer. 

is that the case for all london, or only certain areas? how does it compare to new york city?

40 minutes ago, Dick Crank said:

is that the case for all london, or only certain areas? how does it compare to new york city?

Off topic,

I found everyone in London (I encountered in the past 2 years) to be kind and friendly.

I was mostly in the centre, Hyde Park, Kensington, King's Cross areas (all the places around the park and museums).

There weren't many white folks around though, and I didn't frequent any council estates.

6 hours ago, Ling Kae said:

Yes that is true, just don't under any circumstances make a local lose face though because then it will be game on and you will lose no matter whether you were right or wrong.

Its just a felang myth about all Thais getting extremely upset about "losing face"

The myth is usually in the minds of scared of their own shadow foreigners

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its just a felang myth about all Thais getting extremely upset about "losing face"

I agree mostly people who have never been here.

Add it to the: many Thai girls will get your Pin number and take all your money.....

56 minutes ago, sanemax said:

its foreigners who are anxious about being in a foreign locale, then project their anxiety onto the locals. very common and has been around for ages.

in ghis case a fear of being attacked or having no one around to turn to

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dick Crank said:

NYC has a police force of over thirty five thousand. Police officers are very visible throughout the five boroughs, and have a very high profile on the island of Manhattan. It feels very safe. Their officers and first responders from fire, paramedic and EMT are very well trained and highly professional. 

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:36 PM, The manic said:

And so expensive!

The council has managed to do away with most of the public loos, so now having to answer a call of nature entails paying for something in a fast food place, which makes the cost of a pee around 2 quid. Expensive much. 

One of the great things about LOS is that public loos are everywhere. Even banks have them.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:51 PM, AlexRich said:

If where you lived in London was cold and dirty then perhaps Pattaya is your idea of heaven .... warm, dirty, and rat infested. Enjoy.

LOL. Didn't see a single rat in Pattaya. Not the same in Bkk, which seemed to be infested with them.

Chiang Mai is dirtier than Pattaya.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The council has managed to do away with most of the public loos, so now having to answer a call of nature entails paying for something in a fast food place, which makes the cost of a pee around 2 quid. Expensive much. 

One of the great things about LOS is that public loos are everywhere. Even banks have them.

Interesting I find it just the opposite.

On the entire beach there is not a public toilet.  Most people hit up Central mall or Royal Garden.  There are a few bars off beach road that will charge 10 b.  A true "public toilet" would be managed by a government agency.  Which is why you will not see them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Didn't see a single rat in Pattaya. Not the same in Bkk, which seemed to be infested with them.

Chiang Mai is dirtier than Pattaya.

agreed....garbage problem is likely the worst in CM.