UK watchdog and EU tell banks to prepare for hard Brexit

snoop1130

48 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Congratulations on your mind reading act.

Here''s mine reading yours:

If a hard Brexit happens, I can point at and blame those who hoped for disaster for bringing it about. And hope know one notices that what I'm really invoking is a negative Tinkerbell effect.

Small sample,I admit, but this shows what two people who voted remain,now think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Congratulations on your mind reading act.

Here''s mine reading yours:

If a hard Brexit happens, I can point at and blame those who hoped for disaster for bringing it about. And hope know one notices that what I'm really invoking is a negative Tinkerbell effect.

Thanks for proving my point.

Blame doesn't empower you it keeps you stuck in a place you don't want to be.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, aright said:

So it was really just your concern for the welfare of remainers that you made this point and not to assign blame?

28 minutes ago, aright said:

Indeed. And the Brexiters has been the blame others group of people.

Let's blame the foreigners, the EU, the strict safety laws which doesn't even allow us to burn an EU flag..

Let's blame, others, for our miserable lives. ?

37 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

So it was really just your concern for the welfare of remainers that you made this point and not to assign blame?

Can you highlight the sentence where I assigned blame? I am not blaming  anyone for the outcome, whatever that may be, just their gloating, spiteful, attitude in taking pleasure in the possible demise of my country (can't say theirs I don't know where they come from) and the possible future well being of both leavers and remainers. I can understand and respect the views of remainers but why would anyone sensible want to wish maleficent things on the UK? 

I try not to do blame......It's a lazy mans wages.

Edited by aright
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

Not blaming. Just doing a mind reading act.  Just like you did. The difference is, I know it's nonsense.

Your mind reading leaves a lot to be desired. It's illusional

• Like 1

21 hours ago, aright said:

I am bloody-minded enough let the Brexiteers reap what they voted for, and for which May is determined to achieve even if a no-deal withdrawal bankrupts the UK economy, plunges the pound, and renegades on Ireland.

Translation:  I hope Brexit bankrupts the UK economy, decimates sterling and renegades reneges on Ireland because that what you morons who voted for it deserve. I know best.

Some Remainers and endorsers of this feeling have morphed into "Gloating, Spiteful, Remainers" with no respect for the UK or the 48% who voted remain.

It's all about point scoring. 

You voted for it. Live with the consequences as will all those that didn't. And stop blaming everybody else if it doesn't work out like you wanted it to.

Your post is pathetic. 

Edited by stephenterry

Credit Suisse apparently chooses Frankfurt as a post-Brexit location.

As reported by the Financial Times on Thursday, the bank has already shifted millions of dollars in assets to support the new location.
The CS is one of the last major banks, with the plans for the time after a UK exit from the EU stood, says the report on.

11 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

You voted for it. Live with the consequences as will all those that didn't. And stop blaming everybody else if it doesn't work out like you wanted it to.

Your post is pathetic. 

And your post was vindictive.

Can you identify the sentence where I blame some one or something.

What don't you understand about " I am not blaming  anyone for the outcome, whatever that may be" and answer the question  "I can understand and respect the views of remainers but why would anyone sensible want to wish maleficent things on the UK? " 

Feeble and woeful

As reported by the Financial Times on Thursday, the bank has already shifted millions of dollars in assets to support the new location.
The CS is one of the last major banks, with the plans for the time after a UK exit from the EU stood, says the report on.
I wonder if they try rate rigging again when they relocate to Frankfurter.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aright said:

And your post was vindictive.

Can you identify the sentence where I blame some one or something.

What don't you understand about " I am not blaming  anyone for the outcome, whatever that may be" and answer the question  "I can understand and respect the views of remainers but why would anyone sensible want to wish maleficent things on the UK? " 

Feeble and woeful

I'm responding to your post on my post, which attempts to read my mind that points out the disastrous possibilities that the UK could face. Perhaps you should address your latest response to BB.

If you really think I want this disaster to materialise, you're on another planet, but it could be the consequences for those who voted to leave the EU, and that all of us will have to live with when May insists on  leaving, whatever. 

Edited by stephenterry
addition to text.

42 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Any major bank not preparing for all outcomes would be considered negligent in the extreme. All the major banks have a ‘bad outcome’ contingency plan. That is what CS have.

Contingency projects are ongoing at CS and all the other banks, every year for varying reasons.

Nobody would expect banks to just sit back and see what happens.  

Stories like this are being embellished to make people think there is an exodus.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I think they’re just scaremongering their shareholders, don’t you think?

It doesn't seem to be bothering The Royal Bank of Scotland, they are to pay their shareholders for the first time in a decade since they were bailed out by the public, to a tune of £45 billion, thats more than we are paying the EU.

Royal Bank of Scotland has drawn a line under a disastrous decade for the bank with its first dividend since its £45bn state bailout in the financial crisis and insisted it can cope even in a chaotic Brexit.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/08/03/rbs-unveils-historic-first-dividend-since-financial-crisis/

11 hours ago, vogie said:

It doesn't seem to be bothering The Royal Bank of Scotland, they are to pay their shareholders for the first time in a decade since they were bailed out by the public, to a tune of £45 billion, thats more than we are paying the EU.

Royal Bank of Scotland has drawn a line under a disastrous decade for the bank with its first dividend since its £45bn state bailout in the financial crisis and insisted it can cope even in a chaotic Brexit.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/08/03/rbs-unveils-historic-first-dividend-since-financial-crisis/

Well, it's going to have to cope in a chaotic Brexit, but shouldn't it be paying back the public instead of their fat cat shareholders?

12 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Any major bank not preparing for all outcomes would be considered negligent in the extreme. All the major banks have a ‘bad outcome’ contingency plan. That is what CS have.

Contingency projects are ongoing at CS and all the other banks, every year for varying reasons.

Nobody would expect banks to just sit back and see what happens.  

Stories like this are being embellished to make people think there is an exodus.

In all honesty, can you see a 'good outcome' for Brexit. While I don't agree with some of the gloom and doom scenarios, e.g. a blind Brexit, there's little upsides being touted about, apart from we'll cope with the chaos.

As to an exodus, it would be considered negligent in the extreme (to quote you) not to have that contingency plan - Rees-Mogg has already set up a fund in Dublin, and I don't doubt have many other financial institutions and businesses that rely on EU trade. 

As I've said before several times, if you voted leave, then you have to accept the consequences, not blame all and everyone else if it doesn't turn out to be what you wanted. 

Edited by stephenterry
addition to text.

2 hours ago, tebee said:

Michael Morpurgo argues it's time to think again over Brexit.

"It is surely time to accept that we have made a mistake", he writes, "that whichever way we voted, things are not turning out the way we expected".

"Or are we too proud?" he asks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bclyj3

It's gone exactly the way I thought, which was that the government and the EU would do everything, say anything and put every obstacle in the way they could to stop us leaving.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, whatsupdoc said:

The EU accepted your vote result. You triggered article 50 and even if nothing else is done you will leave at 29th March next year.

How is the EU stopping you from leaving? Your government is a different matter....

I didn't vote, so not my result.

I didn't vote for the government either, so not my government.

I'll also be surprised if the UK leaves the EU on 29 March next year.

• Confused 1