UK watchdog and EU tell banks to prepare for hard Brexit

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

I could be wrong, but wasn't it the UK that insisted on strict rules that Galileo access was off-limits for third countries?? If so, not that unreasonable after all.... Choices & consequences.

I believe on the contrary - the UK were keen on this being more global and the other EU members were less keen on that. But I could be wrong. Either way, to block access to a major contributor out of spite is just childish.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oilinki said:

No the €50B your obligation, which has to be paid regardless what kind of deal UK is seeking with the EU.

That's part of the deal, in case UK really exists the EU. 

Now that we all are more aware of the real life consciousness, Brexit seems to be less and less likely to happen. 

If Brexit happens, I'm really sorry for the people of UK.  Even for the most stubborn ones who kept on yelling 'Freedom, Freedom'

You're wrong.  Our contractual obligation is a much smaller number.  Look it up

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You're wrong.  Our contractual obligation is a much smaller number.  Look it up

I think that's rather tiny number already. Why don't you tell all of us, if you know it. I'm not going to look for it, but I might check it out later on, if need comes. 

18 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I believe on the contrary - the UK were keen on this being more global and the other EU members were less keen on that. But I could be wrong. Either way, to block access to a major contributor out of spite is just childish.

Out of spite? What non EU countries have access at the moment?

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I think that's rather tiny number already. Why don't you tell all of us, if you know it. I'm not going to look for it, but I might check it out later on, if need comes. 

17 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So how much is it? Make a claim, back it up.

"The UK has also threatened to seek the return of its past financial contributions. Such a move would imperil the wider withdrawal agreement by opening up the sensitive matter of the country’s £39bn divorce bill."

16 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Out of spite? What non EU countries have access at the moment?

Its not a question of EU's access but of acceptance of the UK's past and future contribution.

"British companies have been central to its design and build. A technical paper handed to EU negotiators last month warned that restricting UK involvement would lead to delays of up to three years and an additional cost to the EU of about €1bn. .

The result prompted a furious response from the UK science minister, Sam Gyimah, who repeated the claim that Britain was willing to “walk away” from the project, to develop a rival satellite. The UK was beaten by a “simple majority” within the 28 member states."

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jun/13/eu-member-states-block-uks-access-to-galileo-satellite-programme-after-brexit

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SteveB2 said:

I got a good laugh reading all the BS economic reasons being disseminated and argued over here.

Why? - Because it's hilarious that so many people bother to waste time on such a frivolous side issue.

It can only be because they just don't understand why the UK voted leave.

I'll give you a clue - it wasn't because of economic reasons - now 'get over it'

Here's Tony Benn's explanation - and he absolutely is spot on. 

Well. I guess we all can agree that a grump old man, who still lives in the 40's world represents pretty well today's Brexiters. 

Talking about unelected people. Who voted this spicy old woman to the power? I suppose she is the head of United Kingdom and many other, lesser, territories?

k_4-656x418.jpg.0beaaf723861f3026d0a0aa66e55e10a.jpg

4 minutes ago, aright said:

Its not a question of EU's access but of acceptance of the UK's past and future contribution.

"British companies have been central to its design and build. A technical paper handed to EU negotiators last month warned that restricting UK involvement would lead to delays of up to three years and an additional cost to the EU of about €1bn. .

The result prompted a furious response from the UK science minister, Sam Gyimah, who repeated the claim that Britain was willing to “walk away” from the project, to develop a rival satellite. The UK was beaten by a “simple majority” within the 28 member states."

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jun/13/eu-member-states-block-uks-access-to-galileo-satellite-programme-after-brexit

But Brexit is Brexit! When you get out, you get out. It's clear and simple cut from the European co-operation. 

At least that's what I have been hearing from Brexiters for a long time now. 

And btw. Brexit with no-deal option also means disconnection of the EU wide science co-operation. How great is that for Britain and EU?

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

What non-EU countries have made a huge contribution to the project like the British have?

Thanks for your previous support. We wish the best for you on your future employments. Would you like us to write you an recommendation letter?

15 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

However…

"Most leading Brexiteers acknowledge that, and accept (with varying degrees of reluctance) that the UK should pay something as a gesture of goodwill. On the EU side it is seen as rather more than that - it is a prerequisite for any deal to succeed."

So, unlike the EU, the UK is more inclined to 'do the right thing' rather than take the spiteful approach.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41635217

You do understand that you are quoting an UK based publishing company, which naturally is more inclined to show the UK way of seeing things, rather than how the rest of the European countries see the way UK acts and what is the situation?

May I remind you, if Brexit really happens, there two parties on the other sides of the table are not both British. If you are unable to see it by now, well, God save the United Kingdom as they have been lead wrongly. 

15 minutes ago, oilinki said:

You do understand that you are quoting an UK based publishing company, which naturally is more inclined to show the UK way of seeing things, rather than how the rest of the European countries see the way UK acts and what is the situation?

May I remind you, if Brexit really happens, there two parties on the other sides of the table are not both British. If you are unable to see it by now, well, God save the United Kingdom as they have been lead wrongly. 

I seem to recall you're from Finland, or one of those other small non-contributing countries, right? So I can understand why Britain leaving gets you hot under the collar.

Thanks for your concern, but we'll be fine.  We always rise to a challenge, as Europe may recall once or twice.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, oilinki said:

But Brexit is Brexit! When you get out, you get out. It's clear and simple cut from the European co-operation. 

And btw. Brexit with no-deal option also means disconnection of the EU wide science co-operation. How great is that for Britain and EU?

Are you suggesting leaving the EU means we should discontinue the mutually beneficial defence and security cooperation and science cooperation between us . Where's the advantage in that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I seem to recall you're from Finland, or one of those other small non-contributing countries, right? So I can understand why Britain leaving gets you hot under the collar.

Thanks for your concern, but we'll be fine.  We always rise to a challenge, as Europe may recall once or twice.

We pay more per capital than you. May the God save the United Kingdom.

2 minutes ago, aright said:

Are you suggesting leaving the EU means we should discontinue the mutually beneficial defence and security cooperation and science cooperation between us . Where's the advantage in that?

Well, that's just one part of the Brexit is Brexit propaganda, we have been hearing for so long. I guess Russia won this round on European security and unity. 

Anyway, we are already creating united EU defence forces, which is naturally against the Russian threat. It's time to get it done now that both USA and UK are, well in their internal messes. 

It's sad that we have to waste more money to military and contract killers instead of spending the money to education and healthcare. But this is what it is.

Sadly, yes he does [emoji16][emoji16]

Some people struggle to understand that Heathrow is an INTERNATIONAL airport and deals with far more INTERNATIONAL air travel than is does EU air travel.

The alternative answer is that he believes any old shoite he reads about Brexit as long as it is negative.
Well, that's just one part of the Brexit is Brexit propaganda, we have been hearing for so long. I guess Russia won this round on European security and unity. 

Anyway, we are already creating united EU defence forces, which is naturally against the Russian threat. It's time to get it done now that both USA and UK are, well in their internal messes. 

It's sad that we have to waste more money to military and contract killers instead of spending the money to education and healthcare. But this is what it is.

Can someone please advise me about my next trip. Will it be cancelled or changed because of Brexit?Screenshot_20180731-220242_1.jpeg

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I don't understand, if you are from Finland, you are not in NATO are you, so what part is Finland playing in creating EU defence forces. ? So if Russia decides to attack Finland you shouldn't expect any help. You have to pay your dues to be in the club a bit like being a member of the EU I suppose.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

Does it also mean disconnection with the Eurovision song contest too, oh I do hope so.

Lordi.jpg

9 minutes ago, thaibry said:

Can someone please advise me about my next trip. Will it be cancelled or changed because of Brexit?Screenshot_20180731-220242_1.jpeg

Your account is created in 2013... not just 10 minutes prior, like what was shown when you took that screenshot of the flight reservation before finishing your post. Next time try not to forget that your screenshot application also includes your phone headers... 

4 minutes ago, aright said:

I don't understand, if you are from Finland, you are not in NATO are you, so what part is Finland playing in creating EU defence forces. ? So if Russia decides to attack Finland you shouldn't expect any help. You have to pay your dues to be in the club a bit like being a member of the EU I suppose.  

What part of united defence forces do you not understand? Most of the central European countries do not actually require forces on their borders as long as the borders against Russia and other Non-EU countries stays safe. Well, we can easily say that Russia is the only power, which is a threat to Europe. That's also why it's so important to put more sanctions against Russia, when it invaded Crimea and still continues the war in Eastern Ukraine. 

The idea is to have our own EU forces, which will defend EU borders. Quite similar way how USA defends it's Union State's borders as one country. 

12 minutes ago, vogie said:

Does it also mean disconnection with the Eurovision song contest too, oh I do hope so.

No. Had getting rid of the Eurovision song contest been the benefit of exiting EU, there would not be EU anymore. We all hate it equally much. But then again, it's also somewhat fun and silly platform to do people politics. 

Your account is created in 2013... not just 10 minutes prior, like what was shown when you took that screenshot of the flight reservation before finishing your post. Next time try not to forget that your screenshot application also includes your phone headers... 

You are a feather plucker Mr Oiliniki, however the point remains. These flight are real and are after a hard Brexit.

What will happen? Can a KLM flight leave Birmingham? Can a British person transit Amsterdam? Will the Air France flight arrive in Birmingham?

Or will everything be cancelled.

7 minutes ago, oilinki said:

What part of united defence forces do you not understand? Most of the central European countries do not actually require forces on their borders as long as the borders against Russia and other Non-EU countries stays safe. Well, we can easily say that Russia is the only power, which is a threat to Europe. That's also why it's so important to put more sanctions against Russia, when it invaded Crimea and still continues the war in Eastern Ukraine. 

The idea is to have our own EU forces, which will defend EU borders. Quite similar way how USA defends it's Union State's borders as one country. 

Are you saying the  central European countries have committed to the defence of Finland in the event of an invasion? What Treaty what link? 

4 minutes ago, thaibry said:

You are a feather plucker Mr Oiliniki, however the point remains. These flight are real and are after a hard Brexit.

What will happen? Can a KLM flight leave Birmingham? Can a British person transit Amsterdam? Will the Air France flight arrive in Birmingham?

If you listen to some people on here, there will be no UK to fly from after March 29th 2019

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

We pay more per capital than you. May the God save the United Kingdom.

More per capita is not a requirement . The recommendation for Nato membership is 2.0% of GDP minimum. Finland pays 1.5%

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thaibry said:

Most likely not, but we don't really know, do we?

Airline companies sell the seats as much as they can in advance, without really knowing if they will have planes available during those days of flying. Without knowing if there has been an erupting volcano in Iceland or if there has been a no-deal Brexit is Brexit, which cancels all treaties which support aviation traffic. Airlines trust that there will be a flight that day. If there is not, they'll say they are sorry and put the blame to someone else.