Thai PE teacher allowed to rape students for three years

webfact

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ministry of education is an independent organisation. They have jurisdiction to investigate and discipline internally. Unfortunately, in their law, it doesn't say that that power only applies to educational violations. So serious criminal cases are also dealt with internally, and the highest penalty that they have is loss of job and pension. 

The parents usually don't understand that they have the right to file a seperate criminal case so are unlikely to do that. 

Once again the Thai system keeps the raping, molesting thai teachers out of the courts. 

If you want to rape boys and girls, being a Thai teacher is the best job, you will never be prosecuted in a court of law. 

20 hours ago, Cadbury said:

All this sounds like he has high ranking connections, probably from within his family with the original

20 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Apparently the laws against rape are not applied to teachers. Part of the noble sakdina tradition that ensures privilege and impunity over all those beneath you. In many countries the media would be in meltdown over this. This country needs a rule of law movement.

This country needs to progress from a Feudal society to one of the 21st century, catching up with the world.

If what is written here is true why is this maggot still working and not in Jail Surely 20 kids can't be wrong. Just hold my head in disbelief. They are more interested in writing out fines for a tourist for feeding the fish than putting a grub like this behind bars Maybe when he is shuffling the paperwork in his inactive post he rapes one of the staff there Then again he prob be offered a top office job after that 

Thailand needs a Working With Children system - police checks and WWC ID Card.

All jobs where an adult comes into contact with children - the adult must have a valid WWC card.

This is the single most important reason why my 2 daughters go to primary school in Melbourne - I can't trust the system here with my kids. It would be nice to live here, but I have no idea are the teachers who would teach my kids "safe".

In Australia now, even parents who accompany their child on school excursions must have a WWC card. Even a walking trip down to the local park for afternoon sports, all parents coming along must have WWC cards. Fantastic system to identify and stop access of pedos to kids.

Shame Thailand doesn't have the will, interest, or desire to protect the most vulnerable of society. Big shame. 

10 hours ago, strawpanda said:

I wonder what the parents have done or might do about this.

The justifiable rage of the common citizen (and decent farang) will go unnoticed/ignored by the "elite", unfortunately.  :sad:

There are many wonderful people in the kingdom totally ruled by the elite who are "users".

40 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

This country needs to progress from a Feudal society to one of the 21st century, catching up with the world.

600 years and they have not progressed one iota. The only "progression" is that the elite rich get richer!

9 hours ago, gbswales said:

I know this will not be popular but I feel it is equally (not less or more) important to protect people who might be wrongly accused of such crimes

Well, we are talking about a specific "crime" here and the number of complaints/evidence indicates the teacher (and I use that word lightly) is a recidivist! He should have been arrested NOT summonsed for a talk or given useless punishments like losing two days pay etc.!

Recidivists have no entitlements. :post-4641-1156693976:

Can someone please tell me, where the Ministry of Inactive Posts is?

It must be the biggest building in the land and next to it must be the biggest ATM machine collection as all those inside the building are drawing government salaries while being ...... inactive. Question is, inactive from what!

I suspect an influential figure is watching the guy's back. 

Even though I can reconstruct the fear of the parents losing their jobs and the roof over their heads, which would have definitely happened under this school administration. However, I cannot accept their behavior pimping their daughter to a rapist for a job and housing. 

16 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Why is that, because of some postings on facebook? How do you know he's guilty?

How come nobody have made a police report in 3 years? I'm not suggesting he's innocent, but really, hold your horses until there's more facts.

Ok, now there is evidence against him.

The medical result, confirming the rape, came out in early July.

13 hours ago, marqus12 said:

When I became acquainted with Buddhism and Thainess ...
I gained great respect for Christianity as the foundation of "white" culture

What has Buddhism got to do with rape? 

Why are you on a Thai form and I presume living in Thailand if you have such a disgust for eastern culture? 

18 hours ago, TKDfella said:

I think you have missed the point. We all know it happens elsewhere. Religion has always had its perverts but when they are caught the authorities don't come out with a lack or refusal of responsibilities. The case here is the lack of enthusiasm to deal with the problems. In general, parents in the western countries come out to form outspoken organisations or take to streets in protest. That won't and can't happen in Thailand.,,yet at any rate.

I really don't understand, why this stupid whataboutism is granted any response!

You are not allowed to stay in Thailand, if you don't acknowledge that bad things are happening elsewhere?

What a POS- comment!

But of course, the defenders of all things Thai, have to be out, to deflect from the problem(s) at hand!

Disgusting!

17 hours ago, tandor said:

..the man is an 'alleged' rapist..not proven..the first incident there was not enough reliable evidence to proceed..always extremely difficult to investigate any case of a sexual nature and to get enough creditable evidence to put before a court.

Ask yourself this question..why didnt the next person come forward and the next as it happened..no mention of this..until a ground-swell of alleged victims decided to speak out via social media..bottom line..they went about it the wrong way..the authorities were there all the time..just need to make yourself heard.

I asked myself that question and then I answered myself.  Why would anyone make a fuss only to have it dealt with in the way it was for the first complaint.  Who knows what the student was put through after the complaint?  Word gets around between students and they would be very reluctant to say anything to their parents knowing that the teacher responsible would be treated so lightly and then giving them hell at school because they complained.  It's well known in Western countries that a lot of rape cases are not reported because of the way the complaints are dealt with and claims that it was consensual by the perpetrator.

... the prisons are already full, just overflowing with ‘idiots, weirdos, psychopaths, and sociopaths’. Time this place woke up and started a non farcical judicial system. Seems like non victim crime is more of a danger to society than victim crime. 

Just for the record some some guy hit me while he was DUI and still the investigating officer police Capt is admant it was my fault, mental. As wisdom serves most working minds, the moment a person takes control of a motor vehicle / motorcycle while UI, then all rights to even be on the highways are revoked. 

Still bending me heed attempting to understanding why this guy who was DUI has not appeared in the courts yet. Yet hear so much about the non indigenous being fast tracked through the system of being DUI 

They may be keen on morality, yet ethically there seems to be a lack of it.  

... for this guy to be charged, the school would also be liable to a lawsuit, due to the initial complaint and it’s reckless administration for allowing it to perpetuate. 

Now understand the why nothing happens. It was a ‘....’ state school was it ? 

Let the pennies drop. 

One cannot bring the whole ‘....’ schooling system under the spotlight. Anyone know if it made National News on ‘Big Brother’ media outlets ? 

On 7/20/2018 at 10:26 AM, rkidlad said:

Odd how a local bird, etc, flashing her tits in public causes so much outrage and has so many commentators preaching morality and culture, yet stories about teachers raping children seemingly don't evoke even 10% of the outrage or comments. It comes across as extremely visceral, shallow and narcissistic. 

Good point. A pretty twisted displacement of priorities. My guess is that this teacher, or his family are powerful or connected, or have alot of cash. Nobody seems to have any interest in going after him. Sometimes, the victims must take the law into their own hands. A Bronson style effect. 

Raping students, or preying on them on any level, is a very serious crime. That the society does not take it seriously, is beyond comprehension. Many would say it is about face. Well, I have some very special sentiments on the practice, embrace, and willingness to even engage in face.

Face is no doubt, the greatest form of weakness, a human can engage in. Many will say it is societal, cultural, etc. No matter. It is the absolute and complete lack of the ability to introspect, and look within for the source of any problem, shortcoming, conflict, or issue. It is the polar opposite of spirituality, and therefore an absolute scourge on Buddha, and all of the precepts he taught. By practicing face, you are denying your spiritual heritage. You are refusing to man up. To take responsibility for your actions. If a man or a woman cannot, and will not take responsibility for their actions, the problems they create, the mistakes they make, and the issues they involve themselves in, what are they? Are they still an adult? Are they a complete individual, if they allow themselves to be limited by such infinitely small social convention? 

Who cares what people think of you? For those of us with high self esteem, it just does not matter. Sure, close friends and family. But strangers on the street? Who gives a rat's butt about this? It means nothing what they think, nor what they say about you. They count for nothing. They are just people, and people you do not know, nor will ever see again. Face is rife with self doubt, and by subscribing to this weakness, and man or woman is made a far lesser person. For those of us with high self esteem, we know who we are. What others think, what society thinks, what a guy or gal thinks, means less than zero.

Real men or women, simply own a situation, and take responsibility for their errors or mistakes. Small men, social deviants, or emotional adolescents deflect, obfuscate, attempt to confuse, and do everything in their power to deny that they made a mistake, or that they are responsible in any way, or on any level. They make up narratives about fake news, or alternative facts. Anything to avoid looking within, for the source of the problem. Anything.

Changes need to be made to protect children. I know change here is usually slow but in this case laws need to be changed quickly. Throw everything possible at this guy and make an example .......

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police have issued summons to a physical education teacher at a well-known school in Bangkok’s Klong Toei district to report next week for questioning

A man is accused of multiple rapes against minors, and still the police are too lazy to pull him in for questioning. Just 'pop in to see us next week'. If he hasn't committed suicide before then, which someone has suggested might happen.

My wife's brother is a policeman and I asked her what he actually does, because it beats me.  She had no idea what he does. Says it all, really.

35 minutes ago, AboutThaim said:

I asked myself that question and then I answered myself.  Why would anyone make a fuss only to have it dealt with in the way it was for the first complaint.  Who knows what the student was put through after the complaint?  Word gets around between students and they would be very reluctant to say anything to their parents knowing that the teacher responsible would be treated so lightly and then giving them hell at school because they complained.  It's well known in Western countries that a lot of rape cases are not reported because of the way the complaints are dealt with and claims that it was consensual by the perpetrator.

..for sure..all your points are valid..there is the fear factor, the embarrassment factor, the lying factor, ridicule factor..thats why bit is so difficult to build a strong case and really need corroborating evidence to get anywhere.

I just wish that ThaiVisa.com stop publishing such topics for a forum to discuss and just let the matter be dealt with according to law..all this speculating does nothing for the children involved...thanks.

15 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

“. . . Not even been found guilty by the school . . . “ That is the problem. When a complaint is made it should immediately become a criminal issue. The school plays no part other than to report to the po
Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Absolutely right. If I were the parent I would NOT want the school to interview my child at all, what possible good can come of it. Here in Thailand you would be forgiven for thinking they were fact finding to dull it all down and save face. Totally ridiculous, give it to the police and push for justice, simple. 

I hope the other girls come forward and file as well so this guy can be punished accordingly.

Horrible story, the people should be ashamed that it is not protecting its children but more importantly not jumping on the allegations from the start.

Archived