Thai PE teacher allowed to rape students for three years

webfact

It was later found that this teacher had also molested 15 other schoolgirls (by hugging, kissing and grabbing their breasts) and their parents had stepped forward to complain, resulting in a fact-finding probe. The probe found him guilty of violating the disciplinary code but led to a light punishment for him – of not being considered for a salary raise for two years – but he continued teaching at the school, said Ronnasit. After that the alleged victim changed her school but stayed with her family in the previous school premises. 

This sums it up completely!!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Real men or women, simply own a situation, and take responsibility for their errors or mistakes. Small men, social deviants, or emotional adolescents deflect, obfuscate, attempt to confuse, and do everything in their power to deny that they made a mistake, or that they are responsible in any way, or on any level. They make up narratives about fake news, or alternative facts. Anything to avoid looking within, for the source of the problem. Anything.

That's a bit of a risk talking about "Thai authority" that way?  :whistling:   :smile:

17 hours ago, marqus12 said:

When I became acquainted with Buddhism and Thainess ...
I gained great respect for Christianity as the foundation of "white" culture

Are you claiming that priests never rape their charges and the discipline from Christian authorities for rapists is so much more reliable? I think you are just biased.  Thailand apparently has a rape culture, like India and Catholicism.  

17 hours ago, 9KPhalak said:

A country that allows the rape of its children speaks to the despicable and scummy nature of this country.  This shows just how mean and cruel the Thai people can be.  Thailand likes to think that its people are of a kind and compassionate character, but they're not. This latest episode of Thai conduct displays this all too well.  The teachers and administrators of this school raped these girls as well and should be treated as such.

They should all be charged with aiding and abetting , if there is such a crime in Thailand . Who knows what a thorough investigation could reveal .

2 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Absolutely right. If I were the parent I would NOT want the school to interview my child at all, what possible good can come of it. Here in Thailand you would be forgiven for thinking they were fact finding to dull it all down and save face. Totally ridiculous, give it to the police and push for justice, simple. 

I hope the other girls come forward and file as well so this guy can be punished accordingly.

Horrible story, the people should be ashamed that it is not protecting its children but more importantly not jumping on the allegations from the start.

Remember the girl who blew the whistle on government officials including the governor of using underage kids for sex What happened to her? NOTHING I mean nothing was ever done about that. Oh, they charged some half-wit who thought he was the governor.  She just disappeared. No court case no charges Nothing She is probably at the bottom of the Mekong river

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

officials were keeping a close watch over him, as they feared he might commit suicide due to stress caused by the accusation.

What a nonsense statement.  Do they send someone home with him, or is only at risk of taking the coward's way out if he is working a non-essential desk job.  

Class act this guy is. We are assured he is being closely watched so he won't commit suicide. My advice is Turn a blind eye give him the rope and hope he uses it. My only sadness is if he is married and has kids

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I still dont see the point in posting laws from the USA .

Why not post laws of Thailand ?

There there ... it's ok.  Rub your hands together and pet yourself, as you'll feel much better.

Now for those of you who have a bit more going on, I saw this post:

A country that allows the rape of its children speaks to the despicable and scummy nature of this country.  This shows just how mean and cruel the Thai people can be.  Thailand likes to think that its people are of a kind and compassionate character, but they're not. This latest episode of Thai conduct displays this all too well.  The teachers and administrators of this school raped these girls as well and should be treated as such.

And the salient part of that post was:

The teachers and administrators of this school raped these girls as well and should be treated as such.

Which made me think of misprision of a felony.  Imagine me thinking there might be a Thai equivalent.  But there there now, it's all ok.

The upshot of this is that the molested/raped girls are mocked by their peers, bring shame upon their family, and are married off to a 3rd cousin in the far off village. Teacher grooms next victim, what else should a General's nephew do in his spare time.

56 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Remember the girl who blew the whistle on government officials including the governor of using underage kids for sex What happened to her? NOTHING I mean nothing was ever done about that. Oh, they charged some half-wit who thought he was the governor.  She just disappeared. No court case no charges Nothing She is probably at the bottom of the Mekong river

Bring your reading up to date, lots more has happened, including one officiial caught for big corruption committed suicide,  it's all there, just google.

19 hours ago, marqus12 said:

When I became acquainted with Buddhism and Thainess ...
I gained great respect for Christianity as the foundation of "white" culture

I wouldn't confuse Buddhism with Thainess.  Buddhism is a fine religion whereas Thainess….

7 hours ago, sleepwalker999 said:

What has Buddhism got to do with rape? 

Why are you on a Thai form and I presume living in Thailand if you have such a disgust for eastern culture? 

It's your interpretation...
I wrote only that Buddhism helped me find Jesus ?

21 hours ago, 9KPhalak said:

What happened here is appalling, but I would not blame “Thai people”. This is a very hierarchical society which is conducive to these and and other travesties. Sakdina survives. It’s no accident that Thailand has had umpteen (I’ve lost count) Coups.Books have been written on the subject (and some of them banned). Thais are taught at a very early age to be subservient. Some buy into to it and some secretly seath with anger. There are people where I 

14 hours ago, BuckleUp said:

Thailand needs a Working With Children system - police checks and WWC ID Card.

All jobs where an adult comes into contact with children - the adult must have a valid WWC card.

This is the single most important reason why my 2 daughters go to primary school in Melbourne - I can't trust the system here with my kids. It would be nice to live here, but I have no idea are the teachers who would teach my kids "safe".

In Australia now, even parents who accompany their child on school excursions must have a WWC card. Even a walking trip down to the local park for afternoon sports, all parents coming along must have WWC cards. Fantastic system to identify and stop access of pedos to kids.

Shame Thailand doesn't have the will, interest, or desire to protect the most vulnerable of society. Big shame. 

Hmm, this does probably says a lot about aussies if standard they think you are up to no good with children and first need to prove your innocent??? Even as a parent? Wow! I don't want to live in such a society!

1 hour ago, Cheops said:

Hmm, this does probably says a lot about aussies if standard they think you are up to no good with children and first need to prove your innocent??? Even as a parent? Wow! I don't want to live in such a society!

It helps to keep convicted sex offenders away from potential victims

There is something similar in the UK if I recall correctly which involves a criminal record search

I would suggest to you that there is something missing in your understanding of the potential worth of such a system

Children must be protected at all costs hence there is nothing wrong with adults being checked to prove they have no record of such behaviour

No system is foolproof as it wont stop a threat that has managed to stay under the radar but it is better than nothing

This sick report is not a surprise at all.

I've worked at many Thai schools and know full well the many wrong doings committed by Thai teachers to both staff and students.

I've had many long chats with many concerned Thai students, and one thing that springs to mind is thier fear of being unable to speak out, seek justice or defend themselves.

Schools are not real places of constructive academia, with support and guidance. 

Many are simply money making machines via extortion and corruption.

Interesting viewpoint Cheops. 

I'll give you some examples.

School swimming for prep, Gr 1, Gr 2. Lots of parents go, as their kids are 5-8 yrs old and parents want to come. My wife and I took turns. I certainly want to be 100% sure that other parents (men, women) going into changing rooms are not pedos or have a dubious history around children. The WWC is not only for pedos, its any offences with children - violence intervention orders, neglect, etc. 

Another example - parents help out with school productions, every year from Gr 3-6 has a school play. Usually dozens of parents help out with costumes, props, stage prep, etc, etc. Surely if your child is in the production, you want to be 100% sure that everyone having access to children is 100% safe. 

If you never work with children, are not a parent or don't have children in school, even if you do but don't want to take part in school activities, you don't need one. You don't need a WWC card to drop off and pickup kids, nor go to assembly, school plays, it's only with more prolonged and isolated contact with children. Taxi drivers, uber drivers, bus drivers, fast-food staff, retail employees, etc, don't need WWC cards. It's only for those who work/volunteer with children or in children areas, such as play-centers, child care centers, schools, after school activities. Bus drivers who drive children (pickups, school excursions), do need a WWC card though.

It's a fantastic thing to guarantee a high standard of safety for kids. Like I said, with 3 daughters (8, 7, 1 1/2), I can't put them into a Thai/International school here where there are young and old male teachers from here and abroad. News is full daily is full of pedos getting busted. We just can't trust our kids with men (and women) who have not been cleared. If you can, kudos to you.

As an aside - my wife's sister, they have a 12 year old daughter in a Thai school outside CM. There was an incident with a young maths teacher, male, Thai. He exchanges highly explicit chats with several girls in the 12-13 year range. Police reports were filed. His parents pleaded. A big fine was paid to the parents. Something like 300k baht all up. He did not get jail time. He lost his teacher credentials. But he got no jail time. How do we know he will not try to get into another job with kids outside the education department. Will a police check be carried out. probably not. It's cases like this I don't trust it here with kids.

21 hours ago, wealthychef said:

Are you claiming that priests never rape their charges and the discipline from Christian authorities for rapists is so much more reliable? I think you are just biased.  Thailand apparently has a rape culture, like India and Catholicism.  

That is a very good point. Seems this kind of thing was allowed to persist, by the church, for decades, if not centuries. Even to this day, many of the perpetrators are still not being punished. And what about the bishops and the cardinals? They should be defrocked too, and face long prison sentences. 

13 hours ago, oldlakey said:

It helps to keep convicted sex offenders away from potential victims

There is something similar in the UK if I recall correctly which involves a criminal record search

I would suggest to you that there is something missing in your understanding of the potential worth of such a system

Children must be protected at all costs hence there is nothing wrong with adults being checked to prove they have no record of such behaviour

No system is foolproof as it wont stop a threat that has managed to stay under the radar but it is better than nothing

Firstly, don't get me wrong. Every system that really helps to get rid of sex offenders is welcome.

But to go as far that you as a parent need to proof your innocence, hmm, don't know about that.

As you said, it will do nothing for those who stayed under the radar and many times the sex offenders are friends, familie or other 'trusted' persons.

I looked to Australian charts about child offences and I don't know how long this system is in place, but there is NO decline in substanciated cases over the last 5 years.

So is it working then? I'm not sure of that. I do think it can catch repeat offenders, but non of the 1st offenders.

How about this Thai case? All schools should have extensive screening processes. True, the 1st case of this teacher was most likely after he was screened, but the school should take action immediately and he should have lost his job after the 1st case and he should NEVER be able to work with children again.

I have 2 kids and if anyone messes with my kids I probably can't control myself in the way these Thai parents do.

On 7/20/2018 at 7:27 PM, snoop1130 said:

they feared he might commit suicide due to stress caused by the accusation

Let the animal take his life! Is anyone worried about the stress caused to the girl by the rape? Unbelievable, the world is upside down... 

Archived