PHOTOS: New Ford Ranger and Raptor launched in Thailand

Has it got anti lane/undertaking inhibitor ,red light stopper, anti tail gaiter, alert you have just run over a motor cyclist, a surprise alert you haven't And all around idiot proof by facial recognition if so I like it and every Thai needs one.    

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

LOL What does this even mean. 

with the focus, sometimes while driving you can feel the gear go up down up down as if unsure what gear it should be in. With the ranger the great might suddenly change with a sort of a bang and the car rattles. Also, when driving downhill and slowing down, as soon as you reached 40km/h the great drops to 1st and not very gently

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LukKrueng said:

with the focus, sometimes while driving you can feel the gear go up down up down as if unsure what gear it should be in. With the ranger the great might suddenly change with a sort of a bang and the car rattles. Also, when driving downhill and slowing down, as soon as you reached 40km/h the great drops to 1st and not very gently

Those don't sound like "gearbox issues" like you were implying something was wrong. 

Those sound like vehicle specific nuances that happen when manufacturers try to get high speed (120kmh cruise) with small, low RPM turbo diesel engines with maximum fuel efficiency and the least amount of emissions. 

5 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Those don't sound like "gearbox issues" like you were implying something was wrong. 

Those sound like vehicle specific nuances that happen when manufacturers try to get high speed (120kmh cruise) with small, low RPM turbo diesel engines with maximum fuel efficiency and the least amount of emissions. 

3.2L diesel 200hp @ 3000rpm 

1 hour ago, LukKrueng said:

3.2L diesel 200hp @ 3000rpm 

And? Do you drive it with your foot to the floor 100% of the time? Or is it obligated to get through the gears with the best possible fuel consumption and least possible emissions all the while trying to keep you in "snapppy" throttle response. Because that's the goal. Sometimes they search & hunt trying to do that in certain conditions. That isn't a "gearbox issue" that sounds to me like you invested in the wrong truck, or need to find a real good tuner who can manipulate your shift points to cater your personal needs.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

And? Do you drive it with your foot to the floor 100% of the time? Or is it obligated to get through the gears with the best possible fuel consumption and least possible emissions all the while trying to keep you in "snapppy" throttle response. Because that's the goal. Sometimes they search & hunt trying to do that in certain conditions. That isn't a "gearbox issue" that sounds to me like you invested in the wrong truck, or need to find a real good tuner who can manipulate your shift points to cater your personal needs.

No, I don't drive it with your foot to the floor 100% of the time, and most times it actually happens during slow (and even very slow) driving. It feels like it stays in the lower gear for longer than it should and then it suddenly drops 1 or even 2 gears for no reason. When in a situation where I want snappy throttle response as in a case when I am about to overtake another car and need it to be fast - I shift the gear to the sporty position. Never happened in those situation so far. I might actually try a long drive (slow and fast) in sporty position to see if it happens there as well 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

No, I don't drive it with your foot to the floor 100% of the time, and most times it actually happens during slow (and even very slow) driving. It feels like it stays in the lower gear for longer than it should and then it suddenly drops 1 or even 2 gears for no reason. When in a situation where I want snappy throttle response as in a case when I am about to overtake another car and need it to be fast - I shift the gear to the sporty position. Never happened in those situation so far. I might actually try a long drive (slow and fast) in sporty position to see if it happens there as well 

Dude which transmission do you have, specifically? All sport position is doing is changing your throttle position sensitivity and transmission shift points which is exactly what ive been saying in the other post. The regular drive/economy setting is for fuel consumption and emissions. Even my TRD Fortuner drives like a turd in the ECO position and hunts sometimes. 

In the standard position the trucks goal is to keep RPM low and reduce engine load, and it dulls the sensitivity of the throttle. Thats why sometimes it'll bang out of cruise gearing when you push it to the floor trying to go faster. 

This is gonna be the situation for a truck with a tractor engine and an automatic with a billion gears. People dont want to pay for fuel but want fuel economy and power. 

22 hours ago, kannot said:

gasp a new engine, less gawky orange  seats and push  start (which I aint keen on) what else?

Push start.... Typical Ford.  Probably why they have a heated tailgate for the US market to help in winter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Thats why sometimes it'll bang out of cruise gearing when you push it to the floor trying to go faster

as I wrote in the previous post, it doesn't happen when I'm flooring the pedal trying to go faster. It usually happens when I drive slow and steady

2 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

as I wrote in the previous post, it doesn't happen when I'm flooring the pedal trying to go faster. It usually happens when I drive slow and steady

Your experience is not typical of Ranger.