Soldiers Visit Ubon Academics, Ask Not To Protest Prayuth Tuesday

webfact

5 hours ago, Eligius said:

' ...the colonel then asked if there were any spots for army officers to teach about nationalism and reverence toward the monarchy, adding that he then offered to have an army band perform at the university.'

What can one say (literally, what CAN one say?!) ...

Plenty to be said in a free society.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Yes indeed. But I must honour the clause on the 'reverence for the monarchy' here in Thailand. I will not comment on the teaching of this to university students ...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

One day when these no good people are back in there barracks. The truth will be told. And treason must be added to the constitution regardless of what they want right or wrong. The people vote the leader and police hold the law. Police must be clipped replaced. ARMY belong in barracks only.

A new Thailand will emerge 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Media1 said:

One day when these no good people are back in there barracks. The truth will be told. And treason must be added to the constitution regardless of what they want right or wrong. The people vote the leader and police hold the law. Police must be clipped replaced. ARMY belong in barracks only.

A new Thailand will emerge 

I share your hopes - but I believe Thailand will need to undergo a few hundred more progressive reincarnations before our longed-for dreams become reality!

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Eligius said:

I share your hopes - but I believe Thailand will need to undergo a few hundred more progressive reincarnations before our longed-for dreams become reality!

Yes unfortunately 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

AND Phayut goes on believing that he is so great in fooling the people............ That is not what I hear........... Be patient and you will see him 'crumble'................

Yes

• Like 2

Article after Article on Red shirts defecting by the bucket load, Pheu Thai exploding

and then '500 people arranged to welcome Mr P'

Next Question should be 'Vote Rigging' and who can stop it

clearly after this and many other articles over the years, any civil servants administrating the provincial votes will be 'disappearing'if they allowed a free and fair vote in their back yards

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

“Some of our officers talked to people, but we did not put any pressure on anyone. We merely prepared security measures around the campus area prior to the PM’s visit,” Tharakorn added. 

Some people's definition of pressure is different than others! An offer to be locked up is just an offer...not pressure.

• Like 2

Seems like there wasn't anyone here fooled....wonder if this made the Thai news? I doubt most Thais would be fooled either and would shake their head that this was considered necessary. Hope the protest take place anyway, freedom of speech and all that....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

We know where you live...

“If you want to control someone, all you have to do is to make them feel afraid.”

Paulo Coelho

There are other ways to control people but nice quote and the basis of most rule of law based democracies. In the UK the police are not feared and it has undermined  freedom and democracy. 

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Getting very close - ish. But it is more them being him and the Privy Council for old wealth. Once the biggest P kicks his 90 year old bucket, let’s see what next will happen.

If I can speak on behalf of the 'Bolshevik' faction of Thaivisa ultra-cynics, (myself, Eligius, KiwiKiwi) probably nothing. A few families jostling behind the scenes perhaps, but business as usual for the sheeple. I hold no faith that anything is about to change soon, even with social media playing its part.

Fine. Let them crack on with being a 'happy family', then. Who am I to disrupt it other than commenting on here? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

About 6% of GDP is spent up this way. How many people live there. They need irrigation programs, plus a lot more social service's. I can understand the frustration.

The people need EDUCATION EDUCATION EDUCATION 

• Like 1