Thai woman rescued before she could jump from hotel balcony

webfact

Thai woman rescued before she could jump from hotel balcony

By The Nation

cc904285668cd7e3d0c8a2d696b246a1.jpeg

Pattaya police and rescuers from a local foundation stopped a Thai woman from jumping off the balcony of a Pattaya hotel early on Monday.

Police were alerted at 4am that a Thai woman was threatening to jump off the balcony of a room on the eighth floor of the Grand Bella Hotel in Central Pattaya.

Police and rescuers from the Sawang Boribun Thammasathan Pattaya spent about 15 minutes talking the woman, identified as Daoruang (surname withheld), 38, before she agreed to go back inside the room.

419f89f07261a425daad7904eb1a3505.jpeg

She said she had gone to visit Pattaya with her German husband and their child but she had a quarrel with her husband, who allegedly beat her so badly she wanted to commit suicide.

Police saw evidence of her injuries and advised the woman to undergo a physical examination at Bang Lamung Hospital and to use the medical report to file a complaint with police.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30350647

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-24

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

does not surprise me. some of the scum I see in Tesco Lotus berating their wives and the totally checked out look on the woman's faces.

They must be Big C converts. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Get Real said:

If this story is fully true, then it´s just another foreign scum coming to Thailand and think they can treat a Thai women like dirt and nothing of value.

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

does not surprise me. some of the scum I see in Tesco Lotus berating their wives and the totally checked out look on the woman's faces.

Let,s not judge unless we have the true story eh?

Many years ago back in the UK my ex blackened my name and to some of her friends I was dirt......sometime later the truth came out but the damage was already done....:sad:

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, petermik said:

Let,s not judge unless we have the true story eh?

Many years ago back in the UK my ex blackened my name and to some of her friends I was dirt......sometime later the truth came out but the damage was already done....:sad:

Just get a grip. The fact is that there are to many sweinhunden in Thailand. You just can´t get away from that. Was not judgeing. On the other hand, I will not believe that your ex said bad things about you without a single reason. 

What you just said here is that it´s ok for a foreigner to come here and hit his wife or girlfreind if she say something bad. In some sort of way I start to understand why shit was spread about you, with that sort of mindset. Cheers!

Edited by Get Real
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

This may be true, but in doubt, one must abstain from any judgment.
Personally, I would not have abandoned my children in the OU to the spouse who beats me.
Still, she must be very depressed to decide to remove herself

It is true that you cannot jump to conclusions, especially if you are expecting the truth in Thailand.  But you shouldn't, by the same token, look to defend the German either.  Whatever the truth, the woman was distraught enough to consider killing herself and there was evidence of injuries inflicted on her.

• Thanks 1