Where Can I Find A Genuine Lady?

3 minutes ago, Cactus99 said:

Dude, you need to relax. Grab another pint or your happy stick. Chill. The question is totally normal and sensible. It actually honors Thai women. I'm quite sure there are many folks on this forum who have the exact same question. Obviously not the grumpy barflies who have nothing better to do than troll folks looking for answers on this site.

Would be nice if you were aware of what you are saying and who you refer too. Unfortunately you are totally unaware. You just quoted a family man that lives with wife and a 6 year old daugther in the north of Isaan. Do not need to grab my happy stick, due to that one is well taken care of. A beer once a couple of days in a week nis not wrong, though, but not on any bar stool. I drink my beer together with friends in my home. So, now you can crawl back from where you came again. Happy day to you!

4 hours ago, BuckleUp said:

Join a club or do an activity where there are normal everyday Thai girls.

I met my wife when I studied for my Private Pilot Licence at the Chiang Mai Flying Club. She was the administrator for the club. We became friends as I was in the club several times/week for ground theory glasses and we had lunch across the road many times. Then about 2 months later I took her up to Doi Suthep, the temple on the mountain as I did not want to go alone. A few dinners, movies, and some sightseeing later, we started dating. That was 7 years ago. 3 kids and a house we built later, we're happily married and spent 80% time in Melbourne, 20% in CM.

A friend of mine met his Thai wife after he enrolled in Thai language courses at the university. It took him a very long while before she went out with him, perhaps over 2 or 3 months. Eventually they dated, engaged and married. 

Another guy I know met his wife at a trade expo. He is into importing, and he met her at a trade show. She has a business manufacturing some stuff. 

Another friend met his wife in a coffee shop. Not Starbucks, but a good quality cake/coffee place. She was a waitress. He lives close by and frequented the place regularly, guess they hit it off.

Another mate is a head pastry chef. He got together with a sous chef at the hotel in Bangkok where he works. 

As far as I know and see, they are all "normal" "everyday" girls the same as in any country.

And going back to about 2004 for me, I was a diving instructor in Koh Tao. I got together with a girl from another dive shop who was a Thai diving instructor. Did not work out though, I was too young then not ready to commit.

I think you meet normal (as in non-bar) girls here the same as anywhere. Daily activities, hobbies, work, life. Stay away from pubs, bars, all that stuff, unless you want money-hungry jaded coyotes.

All good ways to go.

Met my wife at work, both working for a Multi National. After a couple of months she agreed to lunch a bit later for dinner.

After a year decided to get together full time.

Married over 10 years now and still fight like cat and dog sometimes. ???.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Nokawou said:

True as well, been there done that left with only one T-shirt, but at least if you start with a decent lady your chances are better to survive the ordeal.

My last UK one lasted 24 years, nice genuine lady, but she decided to move on. Very sad for me..But at least it wasn't her death which would have been worse...

Edited by transam

1 hour ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Wow bit hard on me. I like Thai ladies they are gentle. Maybe a rural lady? Can you please not attack me.

Oh dear! That was not an attack. I was just stating the obvious. Why don´t you answer my question instead? Why would you think that it´s different places to find good girls in Thailand than in your home country? Just, for your information. It´s not! See now I helped you too. Cheers!

Edited by Get Real

17 minutes ago, smotherb said:

I wouldn't think they were good girls. My definition of good girls goes beyond not working in bars. There are money grubbers who have good jobs. A good girl for me would have to start with her truly caring for me.

mech.thumb.jpg.9d264e374d6188dead35b142962e5c41.jpg

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Where Can I Find A Genuine Lady?...

In the same place where you find an honest lawyer, helpful and fair taxi driver in Pattaya, a policeman that is not on the take, a government official or high ranking mont who dosn't rob the coffers etc. ect.....

and a Lt/Gen police officer who has not paid for his rank.:cheesy:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

There's a flying club here called the "Pattaya Flying Club".

However, I wouldn't recommend joining it!

If you belong to the fat bellied, facial haired, tattooed brigade and are skint, they would may as well join it.

Dating site and line app for us modern guys.  Aim 10 years younger, the body of your dreams if you have found that yet.  May take some soul searching time.  Be the man. No PDA until the hotel door is shut. 

6 hours ago, Get Real said:

Why would you come here and think that is a thing that differs from your own home country?

An outrageous question that not only discriminate a part of the female population in Thailand. It also makes you look like a person that lacks the experience of instictive knowledge.

Put your socks and shoes on.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

They are everywhere. If you have a good personality, are able to hold a conversation, have a great sense of humor, and some cash, all is good. Plenty of options. If you are good looking, in good shape, and younger, even easier.

Always remember, if it is good, it is only going to get better. If there are problems, they will reveal themselves over time. The bottom line is this. Take your time getting to know a woman here, or anywhere. Time is your ally. It is rarely their ally. They are usually trying to step up the timetable. We need to push back. We need to assert control. An environment like this allows us to do so. Take advantage of that. Be a man. Step up. Pay tribute to the gender. Refuse to lay down anymore. Refuse to be a doormat. Refuse to check your cajones at the door. Start making the decisions, and stop constantly saying "honey what do you want?". "What will make you happy?" "Where do you want to eat?" I have so many friends, who come here, and from the very start, make the same mistakes they made back in the West. Except here, they do not need to make those mistakes. The environment does not dictate that they behave like lambs. Many do not know, or realize that, or they succumb to "force of habit". Every ship needs a captain. If the man is not willing to be the captain of the ship, the woman will take over, here in Thailand. Most women here seem to want a strong man. But, if they end up with a wimp, they will take if she is a big baby, who only looks like a real woman, but in reality is a 13 year old, or if she is a con artist, if she is only in it for the money, those realizations will manifest themselves over time. Time allows clarity. Never, ever move too quickly. That is the undoing of most of these guys. Be like Bond. be a real man. Man up. Do yourself proud. 

I heard Thai ladies treat foreign men like 2nd class men? How can you dominate that?

2 hours ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Wow bit hard on me. I like Thai ladies they are gentle. Maybe a rural lady? Can you please not attack me.

You can find them at Tops, Tesco Lotus, Central Department Store and other businesses. 

Granted, they aren't necessarily on the make. But, in time, you can grow a relationship.

I, myself, got lucky. I was introduced to my wife, by her cousin, while she was studying in the States. 

• Like 2