German man arrested for NINETEEN year overstay

webfact

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

So basically you agree with what I said.

No,  basically I disagreed with what you said which was...

29 minutes ago, Just Weird said:
1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Remember you will have no means of contact with anyone when in IDC. If no-one visits you're stuck there.

Detainees will not have "no means of contact with anyone when in IDC"!

30 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

That's a big "if".  In the real world the police are obliged by law to contact the Embassy, no reason for them to "not to rush".

In all honesty I can only suggest you go on overstay, get caught, arrested and locked in IDC. A Thursday or Friday would be best.

You can then insist that the police in IDC contact the embassy immediately, how you will do this I'm really not sure but obviously you are.

When you have all family contacts made and money sent the next day and you're on the way to the airport post again about how you did it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Isn't it 500 baht a day 'fine'?  Or is there a maximum negotiable?

Did anyone do the math? If he would get away by paying a fine of 500 Baht/day, this would be a whopping 3'529'500 Baht! It would be more lucrative for the RTI to let him pay that amount. With just deporting him it would only cost them money.

Edited by Dario

11 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

So he owes 3,500,000 in fines?

anyway German efficiency kept him free of 90 day reporting so he saved 80 visits to Immigration but, alas, Hans won't be here much longer.

If he can't come up with ticket fare and pay fines, he's going to be here indefinitely in the cess pit they call IDC.

4 minutes ago, Dario said:

Did anyone do the math? If he would get away by paying a fine of 500 Baht/day, this would ne a whopping 3'529'500 Baht! It would be more lucrative for the RTI to let hem pay that amount. With just deporting him it would only cost money to them. 

no need for math - 20,000 maximum.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No,  basically I disagreed with what you said which was...

Detainees will not have "no means of contact with anyone when in IDC"!

On their timing, not your's.

From the moment you are picked your phone is taken away.

Unless you can use semaphore you wait until the embassy is made aware and their rep arrives. It might take 3 days or more till you go to court, get found guilty and get sent back to IDC. Until that has happened you wait.

Notice how often I use the word 'wait'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

I note the double standard that the  foreign people are using here.

This is not an overstay, but an illegal immigrant, an undocumented immigrant. When someone does something like this in Germany, he/she is called an illegal immigrant, not an overstay.

Let's be consistent shall we. The man is a criminal because he has violated the  immigration law.  Usually a person who  undertakes this type of illegal activity also engages in other illegal acts. It will be interesting to see how he supported himself.

Well, at least you give a cogent argument.

I'd want to rule out that he isn't merely someone who just wants to live on God's earth where he wants before classifying him as a criminal.

The idea of arrogating absolute rights over land is absurd when you think about it- try telling the universe - laughable really- King Canute stuff.

Edited by mommysboy

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

If you have anything to do with a farm, then you are also not legal and just as bad as the 19 year overstay guy.

Now it`s the overstayers and I`m sure they`ll be after the illegal property and business owners next. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Don't be so silly. It is my wifes farm, I was just running an errand for her.

3 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Better late than never.

Every country that attracts people from other countries will have this problem.

Thailand was that bad this expat overstayed for 19 years?

I would love to see the UK doing the same, never happen tho, they haven’t got the balls. Thailand has much more of a grip on who is in their country than the UK does

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Here's an idea, declare a blanket amnesty to all overstayers, get to know who they're, fine then accordingly and renew their visa if they are good people and not a  wanted criminals of fujities of some sort, that way Thailand will show that they're reasonable and forgiving and by doing that they may have the chance to clear the books and start fresh...

And then get on to other matters like sea pollution, driving standards, noise pollution making Thailand a safer and cleaner country.

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Isn't it 500 baht a day 'fine'?  Or is there a maximum negotiable?

Its 500 baht a day to a maximun of 20,000, depending how long you have overstayed, In answer to the pevious post, you can be detained extra long periods for all sorts of different reasons, so their is no actual time limit for detention here

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Here's an idea, declare a blanket amnesty to all overstayers, get to know who they're, fine then accordingly and renew their visa if they are good people and not a  wanted criminals of fujities of some sort, that way Thailand will show that they're reasonable and forgiving and by doing that they may have the chance to clear the books and start fresh...

You must be new here

• Haha 1

With thousands of road blocks set by police and armies throughout the country
there is no need for this circus ... it is enough to check passports for all passing

through the checkpoint...but this is not about catching ... it's about chasing !!!

Just now, marqus12 said:

With thousands of road blocks set by police and armies throughout the country
there is no need for this circus ... it is enough to check passports for all passing

through the checkpoint...but this is not about catching ... it's about chasing !!!

It's about enforcement and probably no different to what your own government does.

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Exactly what they do in Brazil. If you overstay two years, don't get in trouble they give you residency. But then Brazilian don't lose face very easily, aren't so insecure and welcome farang

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

You logic too mutt.

36 minutes ago, Yme said:

It's about enforcement and probably no different to what your own government does.

No European government arranges such circuses with raids on
houses and press conferences with detainees.
Even those governments that are considered racist and populist
(wrongly) not do anything so disgusting !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

No European government arranges such circuses with raids on
houses and press conferences with detainees.
Even those governments that are considered racist and populist
(wrongly) not do anything so disgusting !

There in wonder land

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Oh dear! Please get a grip! They have already been doing that one time, when they anounced the new overstay rules. From they were released in the news and to that they were implemented it was at least 6 months to take care of business for all overstayers. 

Why would they have another chance? Maybe you feel like this is something that should come back as a free report month every year, or better up. Free report week every two month.
It´s time for all these morons to understand it´s high time to follow the rules. Kickém out and stamp thier forehead with "One Way - No Return"

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

I guess you missed it but thay did do that about 3 or 4 years ago, I guess this clown missed the cut off.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

They had the chance to leave by paying 20000 THB and start fresh but they couldn't be bothered.