German man arrested for NINETEEN year overstay

webfact

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Assuming that you pay 1900 baht for your extension, in 19 years you would have saved just over 36,000 baht, hardly a fortune.

No it's not. But probably he didn't have the financial requirements to do the extensions

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these pages discussing someone who may have a valid reason for overstaying. Possibly a mental illness, alcoholism, etc.

It could happen to any of us, unless there are any members here who are immune to disease.

A good friend of mine was 8 years overstay, as his wife was put in hospital, when his visa needed renewal in another province, and subsequently died of AIDS. He then found out he had the virus and it drove him to drink.

4 hours ago, balo said:

Try this in Norway , only 5 years overstay and you can look forward to a hefty prison sentence...ehh I mean  a hotel sentence. 

2012-05-22_halden.png

Not sure why you decided to show the comparison between Alcatraz, which closed 55  years ago and a Norwegian guest home for criminals.  The stark conditions at IDC, Suan Phlu, Bangkok, make Alcatraz look inviting.

image.jpeg.f6a5b20a75bb9479e8931a3fd6f96a26.jpeg�ล�าร���หารู�ภา�สำหรั� Bangkok immigration prisonimage.jpeg.6732aaea131fa5f9b41bbea157166dc2.jpeg

On 7/25/2018 at 7:50 PM, ezzra said:

Here's an idea, declare a blanket amnesty to all overstayers, get to know who they're, fine then accordingly and renew their visa if they are good people and not a  wanted criminals of fujities of some sort, that way Thailand will show that they're reasonable and forgiving and by doing that they may have the chance to clear the books and start fresh...

They already had a period not long ago about this -- and gave amnesty.
So now your saying to have a 2nd period.

At some point the folks need to come out of their Nakhon's and cycle their paperwork.  I'm sure even their passports of home Countries and such need a refresh.

On 7/27/2018 at 8:30 PM, jenny2017 said:

What's wrong with people like you? The German Bundestag in Berlin was built by many foreign guys without visas and work permits. And the government knew it. 

As far as I know, he didn't commit any crimes in LOS, other than overstaying. 

Oh he didn’t commit crimes only overstay, WHICH IS A CRIME so he did commit a crime with no remorse or concience, He should spend time now in a Thai gaol as a warning to other low life’s.

I remember asking a chap whats that mountain of forms thats being dumped. Visa applications he replied.Thought at the time someone is taking the Piss Here..Ive traveled hundreds of cliks to do something you could do at 7/11 online including payment. Been tempted over the years to say ....it.!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 minutes ago, cat handler said:

Oh he didn’t commit crimes only overstay, WHICH IS A CRIME so he did commit a crime with no remorse or concience, He should spend time now in a Thai gaol as a warning to other low life’s.

I would suggest calling this guy a low life is over the top, unless of course you know him personally and mix in the same circle. 

4 hours ago, matador007 said:

They already had a period not long ago about this -- and gave amnesty.
So now your saying to have a 2nd period.

At some point the folks need to come out of their Nakhon's and cycle their paperwork.  I'm sure even their passports of home Countries and such need a refresh.

As for your home country passport, no need to refresh it if you don't use it, and it would seem this guy didn't have a need. 

19 hours ago, Neeranam said:

All these pages discussing someone who may have a valid reason for overstaying. Possibly a mental illness, alcoholism, etc.

It could happen to any of us, unless there are any members here who are immune to disease.

A good friend of mine was 8 years overstay, as his wife was put in hospital, when his visa needed renewal in another province, and subsequently died of AIDS. He then found out he had the virus and it drove him to drink.

Well I also drink. However 1 day per year, I manage to quit to do my extension. Nothing to it really.

16 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Was he just lazy , or was he another skint Teacher years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Sounds like you have a problem with teachers. They are highly regarded all over Asia.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Sounds like you have a problem with teachers. They are highly regarded all over Asia.

No, even in Asia they know that they are useless and couldn’t get jobs in their own country hence the reason they had to work for peanuts in Asia. 

4 minutes ago, cat handler said:

No, even in Asia they know that they are useless and couldn’t get jobs in their own country hence the reason they had to work for peanuts in Asia. 

Broad generalizations about any group of people are not truthful.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

It seems many members of TV have issues with anyone teaching here.

They never fail to miss an opportunity to diss them. 

It's actually easier for a skint English teacher to renew their visa extension than a skint marriage or retirement extension.

55 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Dont like teaching beggars coming here, its for us retired people with money, and pissed of with immigrants back in Europe getting handouts

Man are you ever a hate filled person. Almost all of your posts are filled with vitriol.

I've been teaching 6 years here now, never begged nor borrowed.

Given time, the vast majority of immigrants don't need nor receive handouts. It's a myth that helps bigoted people fuel their hatred.

59 minutes ago, cat handler said:

Peanuts in Asia can often be a far better life than good wage in home country.

What I paid in rent back home is more than my entire month's budget here.

My career path ended back home, so I chose another one here. 

Nothing wrong with that and you have no reason to be looking down on people with your arrogance and hatred.

1 minute ago, duanebigsby said:

Peanuts in Asia can often be a far better life than good wage in home country.

What I paid in rent back home is more than my entire month's budget here.

My career path ended back home, so I chose another one here. 

Nothing wrong with that and you have no reason to be looking down on people with your arrogance and hatred.

Unfortunately, there are a few posting here who show either a very low intellect, enjoy trolling, or have a real battle with reality outside of their own warped view of everything. 

1 hour ago, duanebigsby said:

It seems many members of TV have issues with anyone teaching here.

They never fail to miss an opportunity to diss them. 

It's actually easier for a skint English teacher to renew their visa extension than a skint marriage or retirement extension.

In my experience, they don't have tertiary education, so couldn't even work as a teacher if they wanted.

They are bitter as they worked on a factory in Doncaster, or Detroit all their working life, and hate to see young people doing what they couldn't, for whatever reason.

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

In my experience, they don't have tertiary education, so couldn't even work as a teacher if they wanted.

They are bitter as they worked on a factory in Doncaster, or Detroit all their working life, and hate to see young people doing what they couldn't, for whatever reason.

Thanks for assuming I might be young.555

I'm older, at the end of my working life, and I enjoy teaching.

Thai kids are eager to hear all about the world and it's a joy to share what I have learnt.

I earn more as a digital nomad than teachers on 40k salaries. 

A teacher job sounds very stressing to me , and all the hours of hard work, you are surrounded by children and that could also be a problem  . 

I do not envy you but I guess a job is a job . 

Archived