Quick settlement made out of court in death of Chinese boy, 6, in Pattaya

webfact

Quick settlement made out of court in death of Chinese boy, 6, in Pattaya

7pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

Parents of a Chinese boy aged six who were visiting Pattaya have accepted 3.5 million baht for the death of their son.

The boy was killed on July 18th in Bang Lamung in an accident involving a public vehicle. Death by negligence has reportedly been admitted. The case was filed with the Pattaya court on July 20th.

Pattaya News reported that Anon Khamdeewan and representatives from insurance companies and other groups had agreed to pay the sum to parents Seu Mai Lee and Cherng Kua Wang the Chinese tourists.

It appeared to be an out of court settlement after a judge instructed the two sides to come to an agreement.

But a poster on Facebook was clearly not happy. "Nom Nom" suggested that if the victim had been a Thai boy it would have taken years to resolve.

They further questioned why no jail sentence or further prosecution was mentioned in the story.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-26

2 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

I find these sort of pictures obscene.  Why do they think that handing over piles of cash in exchange for a young child's life is worthy of a celebrity photo' shoot ?

Sadly the Parents are as much to blame for allowing such a shameless fiasco.

Agree totally 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

It appeared to be an out of court settlement after a judge instructed the two sides to come to an agreement.

Is being a judge a reserved occupation? If that's what's involved, I could do that on my way to the beach.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

But a poster on Facebook was clearly not happy. "Nom Nom" suggested that if the victim had been a Thai boy it would have taken years to resolve.

Really, who cares what a person on Facebook thinks ?

• Like 2

Money, trumps justice.I hope this does not become a trend,Chinese tourists

coming to Thailand with their kids to throw under a bus to get compensation.

regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
  • Like 1

My guess is that as an insurance company was involved, rather than than just the two parties, then a settlement was sorted quickly. The judge probably knew that and instructed accordingly. Had it been a private vehicle - potentially with limited insurance coverage - then it might have dragged on like many cases do.

• Like 1