UK temperatures set to test all-time record as heatwave continues

webfact

Yes, the old agenda smear. I know why you are so fond of it. It can't be disproved

I really can't fathom the psychological universe you inhabit, if you think that politicians don't have an agenda to stay in power; that NGOs don't have an agenda to attract funding; that bureaucrats don't have an agenda to expand their influence; that newspapers don't have an agenda to attract readers, or clicks, along with many other examples such as political activists, insurance companies and even organised crime.

These things seem self-evident to me. Some of these groups have openly admitted their agenda and the role of the climate movement in furthering that agenda.

But if you see the world in a different way, so be it. It certainly eliminates the chance of any constructive debate on this topic.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's funny how a heatwave in England is usually colder (and shorter and less humid) than any normal afternoon in Thailand.

I’m over here now. It peaked at 30 yesterday where I am. Everyone constantly whinging about how hot it is. I went for a 20km walk. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's funny how a heatwave in England is usually colder (and shorter and less humid) than any normal afternoon in Thailand.

Indeedy!! Perchance it be-eth to do with Thailand being of close proximity to the Equator, whilst Merriee Olde Englande dwelleth around 52 degrees of northest? latitude!!??

Here there be dragons!!?

54 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I’m over here now. It peaked at 30 yesterday where I am. Everyone constantly whinging about how hot it is. I went for a 20km walk. 

36c here, I just went for a 25Km bike ride with a pal, took it easy, hardly broke into a sweat.

french metro breaks down as its too hot down there .150 degs?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/hundreds-of-commuters-evacuated-from-sweltering-paris-metro-trains-after-power-failure-causes-chaos-a3901421.html

Children were among hundreds of commuters who had to be evacuated from broken-down driverless Paris Metro trains following a power failure in scorching temperatures.

Their ordeal started soon after 8pm last night on Line 1 - one of the few modernised routes on an increasingly outdated system and which links popular tourist spots including the Louvre and the Champs Élysée.

Passengers on up to 10 trains had to flee along the tracks in the emergency operation. Some spent three hours trapped before power was restored at 11.30pm.

“People were desperate,” Chris Stewart, an American tourist, said. “Everyone was being told to stay put, but there was no air conditioning, and it felt like 150 degrees down there.

Just now, BritManToo said:

36c here, I just went for a 25Km bike ride with a pal, took it easy, hardly broke into a sweat.

That’s the one thing I noticed more yesterday. I never sweated hardly at all and I put that down to spending so much time in Thailand. 

It looks like the temps are set the same here for least another week so I’m just planning my next endeavors while the locals pray for rain so they can watch their  grass turn green. Strange world. 

• Like 1

Europe is to become "Hell on Earth" as the extreme heatwave threatens to bring the continent's hottest ever day.

Brits travelling to Spain and Portugal have been warned temperatures could reach a staggering 50C - the hottest temperatures ever recorded in continental Europe.

While in Britain temperatures will reach 32C in some areas on the UK, and forecasters say there's a 30% chance that temperatures will top 30C over the weekend.

Former BBC and Met Office forecaster John Hammond, now of Weathertrending, said: “Hell is a place on Earth. Iberia is heating up to a potential 50C.”

And Met Office forecaster Richard Miles said: “48C is the most realistic maximum temperature in inland Spain and Portugal, but there's a chance it could be hotter. People on holiday should be careful in the heat.